PDA

View Full Version : Original Star Ocean PSP Announced

Shrygue
October 5th, 2007, 18:43
via IGN (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/825/825220p1.html)

Square Enix had the honors of releasing the first limited edition PSP-2000 model with Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. It looks like they're going to have the honor of the second, this time with Star Ocean First Departure.

The remake of the classic SNES RPG will arrive in Japan on 12/27, the company announced today. Joining the standard 4,800 version will be the Star Ocean First Departure Eternal Edition, which bundles the game with a specially crafted PSP-2000. Pricing for the bundle is set at 24,800 yen.

Square Enix hasn't shown images of the limited edition PSP-2000, nor has it announced the extra goodies that will be included within. We'll let you know once official word comes our way.

Veskgar
October 5th, 2007, 19:00
HELL F*CK!NG YEAH!!

So much RPG love for the PSP lately. And this news makes me very happy. This should be great!

Malksta
October 5th, 2007, 19:35
Sweet, I've never finished the SNES version :D

Basil Zero
October 5th, 2007, 19:59
Nice, didnt like the snes version's gameplay, hopefully the PSP ver will be better. plus, wootness, more RPGs and more future sales announced for PSP :)

armyStrong
October 6th, 2007, 00:00
Wonderful...props to SquareEnix for really forcing some life into the PSP gaming scene!

Dissidia, Kingdom Hearts, and now Star Ocean? w00t indeed.

Buddy4point0
October 6th, 2007, 00:19
very nice! tons of great rpg are comming out for the psp! thats deffinantly what we need!

JKKDARK
October 6th, 2007, 00:37
remakes, remakes and remakes. They just need to develop new games.

DarthPaul
October 6th, 2007, 02:14
JKK I guess you hate Sony? You're always making negative comments about Sony stuff.

This is cool. It's better to have a good remake of a game than crappy original games like the DS.

JKKDARK
October 6th, 2007, 02:38
JKK I guess you hate Sony? You're always making negative comments about Sony stuff.

This is cool. It's better to have a good remake of a game than crappy original games like the DS.

I have PlayStation 2 and PSP, and 87 PSX games. Yes, I must hate Sony.

And if you didn't notice, these "crappy original DS games" are getting excellent and better sales.

DarthPaul
October 6th, 2007, 02:53
Yes, because they're cheaper and Japanese are queers. They like stuff like that, like Nintendo's stuff. DS maybe has 9 AAA games. But the other are very crappy. And PSP may have like 4 AAA, but the other are like 1,000 AA. So 1,000 AA > 9 AAA. PSP rulez. Capiche? xD

Shadowblind
October 6th, 2007, 03:18
remakes, remakes and remakes. They just need to develop new games.

Really, I agree to no end with you here. Thats why I don't like Final Fantasy. Every Final Fantasy game is the same. Most turn-based games are like that.

I dont agree with your DS theory, though. most DS games really do suck. Really really bad.

Frips
October 6th, 2007, 03:26
I would agree with you, except that the PSX version of Star Ocean 2 seems to enjoy crashing on my PSP... so I cannot wait for the remake.

JKKDARK
October 6th, 2007, 03:57
Yes, because they're cheaper and Japanese are queers. They like stuff like that, like Nintendo's stuff. DS maybe has 9 AAA games. But the other are very crappy. And PSP may have like 4 AAA, but the other are like 1,000 AA. So 1,000 AA > 9 AAA. PSP rulez. Capiche? xD

The sales can't say the same :rolleyes:

Japaense poeple don't prefer only Nitendo stuff.
PlayStation 2 is still a success and a lot of Dating Sims/Visual Novels games are being released. This success didn't happen on Gamecube, and the development cost on Gamecube is cheaper than PlayStation 2.
And don't be a racist, don't call "queers" to the japaneses. I don't think you will like to be insulted because your country (Puerto Rico?).

DarthPaul
October 6th, 2007, 10:33
Yeah, I love you too. ;)

Sales: It's like cooked lobsters and chicken, what's better? Lobster, what sells more? Chicken. Why? Cheaper. :)

I don't care if people talk crap about PR though, they're talking about it, or puertoricans in general, not about me. :)

On-Topic: I hope this is good though. I played Star Ocean for PS2 and it sucks...

jaws365
October 6th, 2007, 12:41
I hope the gameplay is different but the music remains the same!!!

Basil Zero
October 6th, 2007, 20:04
I have PlayStation 2 and PSP, and 87 PSX games. Yes, I must hate Sony.

And if you didn't notice, these "crappy original DS games" are getting excellent and better sales.

Just because their making good sales doesnt mean the games are actually good.

The only reason why their even selling is because of their brand name. Nothing more, nothing less, Just put every single game with the name "Mario" or "Pokemon", even if they are the most horrible of games, its still gonna sell.

I for one, cant wait for this game.

Shadowblind
October 6th, 2007, 21:40
Just because their making good sales doesnt mean the games are actually good.

The only reason why their even selling is because of their brand name. Nothing more, nothing less, Just put every single game with the name "Mario" or "Pokemon", even if they are the most horrible of games, its still gonna sell.

I for one, cant wait for this game.

Now THAT is the truth! I played Crisis Core. Even for Final Fantasy, that game is horrid. Yet, Japan doesn't know the difference between a good game and a novelty game. Eh tu, Pokemon Dungeon?

Worst GBA game I've ever played, yet it sold mad in japan. The game populace is dying...and then comes in MS with Mass Effect, Bioshock and a helluva lotta games that are beginnings of trilogies. They're selling like rockets on the 4th of July!

And yet, hardly any Japanese like it. that proves it more then anything in the world COULD prove it.

Japan
has
no
taste
in
games.

You can't use them as an example, as they aren't only NOT hardcore gamers, they aren't even LIGHT gamers.

This doesn't go for all, only the VAST VAST VAST Majority.

yoshinatsu
October 7th, 2007, 03:34
Japan
has
no
taste
in
games.

You can't use them as an example, as they aren't only NOT hardcore gamers, they aren't even LIGHT gamers.

I agree that Japanese have no taste in games.
And that they're not hardcore games. There are many of them, though they're much less than the rest.

Spanishpeacock
October 9th, 2007, 09:39
Uh, not to get in the middle of a war, but don't you buy a game because you liked the ones before? You don't go buy a Spider-man game and expect something new, you expect to punch, kick, and web bad guys in a button mashing style. You buy a Final Fantasy game because of their turn based or active timer. If you really want to see if a game is "all new" or another sequal, then read the reviews. I happen to be looking forward to some remakes, like when they remade Resident Evil for gamecube. The graphics in that game are some of the best I've seen on my Gamecube. So, a remake of a RPG game that's led to a series of games with a pretty good size fan base, not to mention one of the best companies to release it, should be pretty good news to those people that liked the original, and it's completely new to those people whose parents bought them a Sega Genesis instead of a SNES, so I'm happy.