PDA

View Full Version : Codenamed "DVD Emulator v1.1" Unveiled

wraggster
October 5th, 2007, 20:23
Via Tehskeen (http://www.tehskeen.net/)

TehSkeen is proud to present to you a new modification for the Nintendo GameCube. Codenamed "DVD Emulator v1.1" this small board housing a MicroSD slot replaces the proprietary DVD-ROM assembly and allows you to make use of the storage space and speed supported by the latest generation of SDHC cards.

If you're a hardcore GameCube modder, a developer, Linux guru or just looking for a cheap entertainment center this "no solder" solution should be perfect for you. Note this is a work in progress design and will most likely change in appearance and functionality before it's final release.

Initial Features

* Plug n' Play (No Soldering Required)
* MicroSD / Transflash (SDHC) Support
* Up to 32 Gigabytes of Removable Storage
* Load DOL/ELF Files Directly
* Boot GameCube Backups Directly
* Boot Legacy MultiGame Images Directly
* Includes Custom Operating System

What are your initial thoughts and impressions? Would you be interested in purchasing one of these if the price is right? What's the right price? How about winning one or more in a contest?

DIGG THIS (http://digg.com/gaming_news/PIC_DVD_Emulator_for_Legacy_GameCube_Unveiled_Brin g_that_GC_back_2_life)

We arent interested in the warez side but the Homebrew side of things is very interesting, basically use the Gamecube as a 485MHZ Homebrew Console :)

Harshboy
October 5th, 2007, 21:25
This would be pretty awesome :)

I would definately buy one and somewhere around $30-45 sounds like the right price for one.

I wouldn't mind winning one, hehe :p

bowmessage
October 5th, 2007, 22:20
like the R4 of gamecube, kind of.

And this is just the reason im not modding my wii, and waiting for something like this xD.

inlovewithi
October 5th, 2007, 22:29
Sounds very interesting. I would definetely buy one. Very ironic, I was just thinking about such a thing a couple hours ago. I hope its of good quality.

turnerl
October 6th, 2007, 03:39
I want this yesterday CANT WAIT!!!

hockey2112
October 7th, 2007, 06:47
So can this thing boot GC backups from the memory card, or does it ust enable booting backups from DVD+R?

ryan_hoopes
October 8th, 2007, 07:14
How is this different from SD Media Launcher by Datel? (That's what I have.)