PDA

View Full Version : Sony secures exclusive for Grand Theft Auto 7 ( Name yet to be announced )

Basil Zero
October 5th, 2007, 21:36
According to the November 2007 issue # 76 of the Official Xbox Magazine Sony has secured the next Grand Theft Auto, which would be number 7 in the series, to be a true exclusive to the Playstation 3.

"Rockstar really wanted to make a game that you can truly only do on PS3, harnessing the power of the Cell and Blu-ray disc and this deal lets them do just that" as said by Sony's Michael Shorrock in a statement to the press. " We handed Rockstar a signed blank check because we were short sighted enough to let Grand Theft Auto's exclusivity get away from us. Oops!"

Looks like the Xbox fans may be out of luck when it come to the next installment of Grand Theft Auto. If they do release a 360 version it sounds like it would have to be on multiple dvd discs if the game truly takes advantage of Blu-ray.

One thing is for sure. This will be interesting to watch play out. Stay tuned!

http://www.hdgamenews.com/2007/10/sony-secures-exclusive-for-grand-theft.html

cal360
October 5th, 2007, 22:44
I hate rockstar now :(. I will never buy a PS3, I already own a Xbox 360.

Sonicboy 101
October 5th, 2007, 22:48
What happened to GTA 5 and 6?

Sterist
October 5th, 2007, 23:18
I hate rockstar now :(. I will never buy a PS3, I already own a Xbox 360.

your 360 would die before #7 is released. face it

#5 is coming out this month

#6 hasn't been started yet (nor named...?)

you can expect #7 to come out in early '09 to '10. maybe mid to late '08 if rockstar pushes hard for the two (5 & 6) to be released

Man
October 6th, 2007, 00:05
Im pretty sure that theyll release a dulled down version for the Xbox 360, because there is no way that they would cut out such a HUGE chunk of the market, just because sony "handed them a blank check " AND im sure that :
A) Microsoft has alot more money behind them them.

B) Im sure that Rockstar could make a lot more money selling the game on both systems, rather then one.

JKKDARK
October 6th, 2007, 00:17
What's next? Harry Potter 14?

Classic80s
October 6th, 2007, 00:40

What happened to 4?

Elven6
October 6th, 2007, 00:44
This will be like GTA for the PS2 after a while a xbox port will happen.

xg917
October 6th, 2007, 01:02
well.. this is really weird
the grand theft auto releases were:

GTA, GTA2, GTA3, GTA VC, GTA SA, GTA LCS, GTA VCS, GTA4

i think im missing GTA london and some other GTA game but w/e

GTA 4 hasnt been released yet so wtf? GTA 7 just came out of nowhere..

iniquitous_beast
October 6th, 2007, 01:30
This just screams of some out-of-season April-foolery. Seriously, GTA7 is at least five years away. Further, that silly quote would never come out of a stuck-up company such as Sony. They would never end a public announcement with "Oops!". Prank.

Sterist
October 6th, 2007, 01:36
What happened to 4?

that's the latest one out for ps2 ... isn't it?

JKKDARK
October 6th, 2007, 01:47
that's the latest one out for ps2 ... isn't it?

Only the third, and there were 4 sequels on PS2.

VexnadFett
October 6th, 2007, 17:57
gta 7 would technically be next after "4" because for is kindof #6 right now because vice city and san andreas came before it.... confusing i know, but no too confusing

Shadowblind
October 6th, 2007, 18:05

you can expect #7 to come out in early '09 to '10. maybe mid to late '08 if rockstar pushes hard for the two (5 & 6) to be released

1) Yeah if you got your 360 2 years ago before the new implacements. Also, lets not forget the 3 year warrenty.

Although this isn't bad news for (I really hate GTA and pretty much everything Rockstar sends out) I don't see the problem in multiple disks. If someone would like to enlighten me...

JKKDARK
October 6th, 2007, 18:19
gta 7 would technically be next after "4" because for is kindof #6 right now because vice city and san andreas came before it.... confusing i know, but no too confusing

that's not right. What about Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories?

mike03$$$
October 6th, 2007, 19:38
LOL... You baffons I don't think there will be 5 and 6 or they can just change the title of gta7 but this is the order GTA, GTA2, GTA3, GTAVC, GTASA, GTA4, GTA7? (I'm leaving question mark on "gta7" but its garented that the next release is ps3 only which is what were talking about) I don't think the psp gtas count I think there doing it console wise being that its their 7th gta for the consoles and don't say lcs and vcs came out for ps2 cause those are ports from psp with better graphics

OH YEA I FORGOT I'M A PROUD PS3 OWNER

wolfpack
October 6th, 2007, 21:02
after reading this thread i am utterly confused.

you know what, they should just clean the slate and say **** it, well keep GTA7 but not make any more GTA games with extra words in em with no numbers. before ya know it GTA 8 will be secured as well.

Tree
October 6th, 2007, 22:23
YES WELL DONE SONY DIS IS WHY I BOUGHT A PS3 if GTA was eva gonna go exclusive it will b 2 PS3 xD

mike03$$$
October 7th, 2007, 00:08
YES WELL DONE SONY DIS IS WHY I BOUGHT A PS3 if GTA was eva gonna go exclusive it will b 2 PS3 xD

Hey TREE that's why I bought a PS3 to and do you have a new psn username because you don't come online anymore

Hiei311
October 7th, 2007, 00:27
vcs and lcs r remakes....i think, anyways idk if this is true or not but w/e im still waiting for IV

ps3 tag: Crimson_Raven25

jrsmaster411
October 7th, 2007, 02:30
whats with all this confusing talk about gta 7 all they said is that it will be the seventh in the series not that it will be called gta7

lmtlmt
October 7th, 2007, 03:17

ok, some people are having a hard time understanding, GTA4 is the true 6th game in the series, we are now talking about the true seventh game in the series, its not going to be called GTA7, its just the seventh game, it may be called GTA5, or GTA: san fran sisco for all we know, but please stop the confusion people!

Shadowblind
October 7th, 2007, 03:22
I really dont see whats so hard about this.

GTA7 = After GTA4. Don't ask why, just try to name all the GTAs then count them.

VexnadFett
October 7th, 2007, 05:43
gta for psp doesn't count.... neither does london for the ps1.... so there you have it: seventh gta game! magik!

F9zDark
October 7th, 2007, 17:48
This is total bullshit. Yeah there may be 6 GTA titles released on home consoles (not handhelds), which would make GTA 7 be a fitting production name, but as far as being the real name of the game, it would not fit at all, since the newest GTA coming out is GTA IV...

And its also bullshit because no company in their right mind would hand over a signed blank check. Thats just asking for trouble.

Tree
October 7th, 2007, 20:20
Hey TREE that's why I bought a PS3 to and do you have a new psn username because you don't come online anymore

na i do come online ... but i nomaly ave me internet off unless im downloading from PSN on fridays or playin on the internet.

Basil Zero
October 7th, 2007, 20:27
Gosh people, dont you know what they mean, here:

GTAI = 1
GTAII = 2
GTAIII = 3
GTAViceCity= 4
GTASanAndreas=5
GTAIV = 6
GTA??? = 7

meaning the game that comes AFTER gtaIV -___-

Edit: lol, shadowblind got it xD

^ actually if they use the GTAIV data for the next game, that would take only 2 years or so. Remember GTAVC and SA were made from the same data as GTAIII.

Note--their not counting the spinoffs/prequels (i.e. Stories series, or advance or London etc)

Speediakal
October 8th, 2007, 00:57

GTA 1
GTA 2
GTA 3
GTA: Vice City
GTA: San Andreas
GTA IV
GTA 7

F9zDark
October 8th, 2007, 23:19
Seriously people, do any of you actually believe this?

-It comes from the Official Xbox Magazine (I'd think news of this magnitude would come from an official Sony magazine, or IGN, or Gamespot...)

-A signed blank check... Would you give a signed blank check to someone you know? Be they your mother, father, brother, sister, best friend since you were a baby, etc? I don't think so.

-Use of GTA 7. Would a developer like Rockstar and Sony use a name like this to describe the sequel to the coming GTAIV? No, because its confusing. It makes sense when you think about it, but the fact remains, the next GTA to come down the pipes is GTA 4. Production names, especially in video games, have usually remained with the companies making the games, not in public view.

Sure we have made sense of it, but many people would not. And the fact still remains that the upcoming GTA is GTA 4. Regardless of how we rationalize this to be GTA 7, chances are Rockstar WONT rationalize it that way, especially if they were releasing it as news (why not rationalize GTA 4 that way?).

This fact alone wreaks of bullshit.

-Sony's responses to the matter is completely inaccurate. Companies try as hard as they can, not to admit to their mistakes. Because it shows to the rest of the world that they HAD MADE A MISTAKE.

Stock values plummet because of such things...

JKKDARK
October 9th, 2007, 00:59
I always check the Official Xbox Magazine for PS3 news, F9zDark.

Shadowblind
October 9th, 2007, 04:02
I didn't know this was from Xbox magazine. MS, what kind of crap are you trying to pull?

I guess its not all that bad, as it doesn't sound particularly malicious, but still. :/

princecharming
December 4th, 2014, 10:43
you can truly only do on PS3, harnessing the power of the Cell and Blu-ray disc and this deal lets them.

princecharming
December 5th, 2014, 10:56
good one but sound does not well.