PDA

View Full Version : Custom Firmware Extender 1.7

wraggster
October 7th, 2007, 09:46
Updated release of the Firmware Extender by Cpasjuste (http://mydedibox.fr/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=33&Itemid=)

"Custom Firmware Extender" is a set of plugins for 3.71 m33
custom's firmware, that will, like the title say, add some extra options to the SONY PSP.

With "cfe 1.7" you should be able to :

- Stream Isos via usb.
- Start a ftpd server while under the VSH (PSP Menu).
- Make some in-game videos with the help of remotejoy from tyranid (Psp fat only).
- Reset the PSP with a button while under the VSH (PSP Menu) or in-game (UMD/ISO).
- Power off the PSP with a button while under the VSH (PSP Menu) or in-game (UMD/ISO).
- Change the speed of the PSP CPU/FSB while under the VSH (PSP Menu) or in-game (UMD/ISO).
- Start and stop Usb Mass Storage under the VSH (PSP Menu) while browsing.
- Enable Usb Mass Storage at startup.
- Take a screenshot while under the VSH (PSP Menu) or in-game (UMD/ISO) saved in the PICTURE folder.
- Set a default CPU/BUS speed at startup.
- Set a default brightness level at startup.
- Enable brightness button to go to the max level for psp slim.
- Fully configurable via a configuration file.

INSTALLATION
============

- Copy the content of the "PSP_FAT_371" or "PSP_SLIM_371" folder to the root of your memory stick.
- Take a look at the file "cfe.config" under "ms0:/seplugins" to adjust to your needs.
- Enable cfe_vsh.prx and cfe_game.prx under the m33 recovery menu.
- Set cpu speed to default under the m33 recovery menu.
- Push "Note + Volume Up" on the psp to see available commands.

USAGE
=====

* To use usbhost iso streaming : You must set your "UMD Mode" to "OE isofs legacy"
via the m33 recovery menu. After executing usbhostfs_pc on the computer,
type "Note + L" on the psp. Note that you must create a folder ISO where you launch usbhostfs_pc
and put your isos here.

If you have some problems to load/save game while using usbhost iso redirection,
you must copy the provided file "savedata_auto_dialog.prx", "savedata_plugin.prx"
and "savedata_utility.prx" from the "save_modules" folder to your
"flash0:/vsh/module" directory.

* To record an in-game video on psp fat : On the computer, go to the folder
"windows\remotejoy_gui" then launch "start.bat"

On the PSP, load a game or homebrew, then push the capture button combo (default is NOTE/TRIANGLE).
It seems the psp will hang if you do this before a game save is loaded.
Best is to do this when you really are in game.

Go back to the computer, in the SDL windows push "c" on your keyboard to start capturing.

Each frames will be saved as bmp in the capture folder. Note that you must have a lot of free space on your hdd,
and this one must work at a descent speed or you may loose some frames.

Now you just have to encode the *.bmps using you favorite encoder (VirtualDub will do the job by loading the first bmp).

* For other functions, press "Note + Volume Up" on the PSP to show available commands.

KNOW BUGS
=========

- Waiting for reports.

NEWS IN VERSION 1.7
===================

- Configuration file is back.
- Configuration file is simplified.
- Ftpd server is back.
- Option to load UsbMass storage at stratup is back.
- Only one usbhost iso streaming method for now (no umd required).
- On Screen Display seems to be fixed.
- Video capture via the use of remotejoy should work on fat psp.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

V3N0M
October 7th, 2007, 10:03
This is one of my favorite plugins, good to see that it's being updated again!

DarthPaul
October 7th, 2007, 10:38
Yeah, one of mines too!

This is awesome, great new features too. :)

legitnelite
October 7th, 2007, 14:38
Hm, I have 3.71M33-2 and the 1.5 homebrew-2 addon.

Everything seems to be working fine so far (the menus) but I've noticed even with the new save modules the game still crashes when trying to load/save something. Maybe because the actual folders name is "podule" not module? Well anyway I tried making another folder called module but it wouldn't let me, saying there's another folder with that name already (weird).

"For other functions, press "Note + Volume Up" on the PSP to show available commands."
You actually need to do "Note + Volume Down" instead.

The screen capture (video recorder for in game play) doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm in game, playing, and I activate the right bin on my computer. Then I do the note triangle option (it says it now enabled the capture) but then the part where I must press C in the window, I do and nothing happens.

69morph19
October 7th, 2007, 17:34
when trying to load iso from pc via usb it see first one on list then crashes if you try to change it or execute it.I have phat psp 1000 with 3.71m333v2.Am i doing something wrong to cause the crash

Is there a limit to how many iso,s are aloud in the folder and does it also dislike cso files

smokepsp32
October 8th, 2007, 00:49
thanks very much....

smoke

hungle0
October 8th, 2007, 04:38
Hm, I have 3.71M33-2 and the 1.5 homebrew-2 addon.

Everything seems to be working fine so far (the menus) but I've noticed even with the new save modules the game still crashes when trying to load/save something. Maybe because the actual folders name is "podule" not module? Well anyway I tried making another folder called module but it wouldn't let me, saying there's another folder with that name already (weird).

The "module" folder is there, it's just hidden.

legitnelite
October 8th, 2007, 04:42
The "module" folder is there, it's just hidden.

Word so how do you get the new .prx files into the module folder?

jimarib
October 8th, 2007, 23:23
in windows explorer, when it has the three folders, in the adress bar just add \module to the end and press enter.

jimarib
October 8th, 2007, 23:26
also guys! i just found out if you're stuck when it comes to saving and loading, just change your kernal to 3.71! it works perfectly then, as long as you have the .prx's in the right places.

luchito
October 9th, 2007, 05:37
Please help guys i have the psp2000 and i want to play iso from my pc, so i got to the point that my pc recognises my psp so it says Device connected and then i dont know what to do on the psp to see the ISO folder, i dont know whats the Note button. THANKS please help