PDA

View Full Version : PSP Phat TV-Out?

Tesseract
October 7th, 2007, 22:31
With the release of the physical cable to enable the PSP Slim to produce TV-Out, would it be possible for a simple plugin to allow it on the PSP Phat?

I'm unclear as to whether the TV-Out option is impossible with the Phat hardware, or if it's just a software ploy to make people buy the new Slim.

Is this something that RemoteJoy could be convinced to do, even if the stock PSP Phat CFW couldn't?

Cloudhunter
October 8th, 2007, 00:25
With the release of the physical cable to enable the PSP Slim to produce TV-Out, would it be possible for a simple plugin to allow it on the PSP Phat?

I'm unclear as to whether the TV-Out option is impossible with the Phat hardware, or if it's just a software ploy to make people buy the new Slim.

Is this something that RemoteJoy could be convinced to do, even if the stock PSP Phat CFW couldn't?

The PSP Slim has special TV-Out hardware. RemoteJoy will only ever work using USB.

Cloudy

Nicko01
October 8th, 2007, 00:28
I think it is something in the hardware.
We should be able to modify the cable to fit on the old psp, and use a custom plugin to output the screen data to the cables, although the framerate may not be so great.

thehumanidiot
October 8th, 2007, 01:17
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-jd-49-en-70-15w5.html

Tesseract
October 8th, 2007, 01:35
I'm well aware of stuff like that.... If it's all the same, I'd rather just have a cable and plugin as opposed to a clunky piece of plastic.

Cloudhunter
October 8th, 2007, 01:41
I think it is something in the hardware.
We should be able to modify the cable to fit on the old psp, and use a custom plugin to output the screen data to the cables, although the framerate may not be so great.

No. It isn't possible, the hardware just isn't equipped.

Cloudy

digitalhigh
May 10th, 2008, 16:05
You've got to be kidding me? THAT big thing is the only alternative somebody's come up with thus far?

Not trying to argue with the senior members here, but I refuse to believe that it's IMPOSSIBLE. The PSP is just a really small computer...a small computer equipped with a serial port. If somebody had enough technical knowledge, i'd wager that it IS possible to do...just difficult.

ICE
May 10th, 2008, 17:08
Dont bump old threads! Read the date fella!

noelgamo
July 8th, 2008, 06:24
i have a phat psp 3.90m33-3 and i have the display setting if i put tv output cable of slim do you think it will work?

mattsgreat5
July 9th, 2008, 04:55
no. slim has a diffferent port. there is a psp-tv thingy but is a pain in the a** to set up

Eviltaco64
July 9th, 2008, 07:08
People keep bumping this thread.
As for TV out on all PSPs, just read this.

Slim was designed for TV-out.
The Original PSP was not, and therefore needs a third party attatchment. It's called PSPonTV and it's a giant trapezoid-looking box that you put on your PSP, allowing TV out.
Go here to buy it:
http://www.pspontv.com/
But you might as well buy a Slim with the money you'd have to pay for it.