PDA

View Full Version : PSP Remote

wraggster
July 8th, 2005, 17:18
A new app has been released for the PSP that can be used as a remote control for Sony Wega TVs and also the new PSTwo, weird or what :P

Download Here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspremote.shtml

xuphorz
July 8th, 2005, 17:36
this thing is sweeeeeeet

i can turn of the PS2 while my brothers playing it!
it also can be a remote for the first player controller of D-Pad up,down,left,right and triangle,square,circle,x. this mean you can also control them, for extra annoyance. i like turning off the system right as they get to a save point tho. :D

this thing is top rated to annoy brothers or sisters :) :)

JcBoyCool
July 8th, 2005, 17:47
Turn it off before they save? thats sick and wrong in so many ways......Where is my brother :)

migsgiz
July 8th, 2005, 17:58
Nice!!!!!!!
Now My Ac & Cable

J@F
July 8th, 2005, 18:20
Just so you know, the SEI PSP tool doesn't work withis file.

englishrick
July 8th, 2005, 19:16
Hi Guys,How do I get this to work and where do i put it on MS.
Thanks

xuphorz
July 8th, 2005, 19:24
Hi Guys,How do I get this to work and where do i put it on MS.
Thanks

for 1.5, i just used kx explouit like usual

J@F
July 8th, 2005, 20:07
it works on my tv, but there's no way to type the channel. I have a pretty sweet idea how to make it work.

here's my idea:

it's based on binary numbers (what ever it's called) were a switch is either on or off (1s an 0s) and each successive switch represents double the value of the last switch(1,2,4,8,16....) if the first switch is on (or off, but I will only say on) then, number wise, it represents #1. if off it represents #0. if the 2nd switch is on then, number wise, it represents #2. if off it represents #0. you add up all the numbers that each switch represents (so if the 1st switch was on and the 2nd was off, you add the 1st's ones #1 + the 2nd's #0 and that would = 1) did you know there are 32 different #s your 5 fingered hand could represent; and with 2, 5 fingered, hands your hand could represent 1024 different #s?

well, my idea is to use the 4 face button plus the L button to type the channel #.
so if X > O > l> > [] were successive switches, then to type in 57 you would press X+L+l>+START+X+O+l>+SELECT (the L button is pressed when a switch is off. START is pressed to sart a new digit. SELECT is pressed when your done typing the # NOTE: with #s like 5 [] doesn't need to be pressed, so you can either press START or SELECT)

I believe that some tvs allow you set what # you want a channel, like NBC, to represent. with that ability my idea works even better both in the learning curve, and efficiency after you've gotten over the learning curve.

I can think of a way to type letters, which would be a little different, too.

ganon
July 8th, 2005, 20:14
this is great I have a remote on my phione too

peanut
July 8th, 2005, 20:33
just to confirm, this works on my sony trinitron

RedKing14CA
July 8th, 2005, 20:33
dude thats SWEET!!!! im downloading it RIGHT NOW!! can it work with the big bulky ps2? and is this a sony product? howdoes the psp do this??? is it the IR thing at the top?

EX-Danza
July 8th, 2005, 20:35
is there anything that u need extra to get it to work on your ps2 because i cant get it to work. it works perfectly on my parents flatscreen though lol!

xuphorz
July 8th, 2005, 20:36
is there anything that u need extra to get it to work on your ps2 because i cant get it to work. it works perfectly on my parents flatscreen though lol!

2 things:

1, needs to be in ps2 mode
2, needs to be a flat, smaller ps2

EX-Danza
July 8th, 2005, 20:49
aww, so no way of gettin it to work on the original fat ps2?

xuphorz
July 8th, 2005, 20:53
aww, so no way of gettin it to work on the original fat ps2?
fatty ps2 doesn't have a built-in wireless anything, so no
if you plugged the dvd reciever into the port, maybe.
could someone try this please?????

RedKing14CA
July 8th, 2005, 20:55
i have one but its at my moms, my recevver port thing :(

edit- this sucks, it seams like it would be cool, but all i have is a fat ps2
and the only thing i own made by sony is my playstations (1 and 2 and pocket)

edit- your cruel kaiser, however i know some one that has a ps2 slim, so im going to try and go to his house and "go to the bathroom" and then mess with see if i can turn his ps2 off.... :D :D :D it will be fun... and um, IF you have a sony tv, do you have to program it to read the psp, and can you program a sanyo to? :confused:

Kaiser
July 8th, 2005, 21:00
THIS IS AWSOME BECAUSE I GOT BOTH. I'll ruin so many peoples lives.Muahahahaha

andejp12
July 8th, 2005, 23:43
The program does work quite well on the newest models of the fat PS2's, the ones with the built in IR port. It's great to have this fun little thing because I always know where my PSP is but not my remotes :)

Martin
July 9th, 2005, 00:00
lol this is pretty cool, wicked, but cool. :)

Zephyroth_drgs
July 9th, 2005, 00:12
hey this one could be great if ye can incorpore a universal control or something like that to make it work on any tv, or stereo xD, good going anyway

Zephyroth_drgs
July 9th, 2005, 00:14
plus nice avatar martin xD

znamezsame
July 9th, 2005, 00:30
Ahhh, so someone noticed that strange little panel on the top of the PSP, eh? ;) Did you happen to find out if it's a two way port or not?...

*Whispers subliminally*
Universal... Universal... Universal...

xuphorz
July 9th, 2005, 01:18
Ahhh, so someone noticed that strange little panel on the top of the PSP, eh? ;) Did you happen to find out if it's a two way port or not?...

*Whispers subliminally*
Universal... Universal... Universal...

yes, i know of it, i read manuals :)

Velo
July 9th, 2005, 06:26
OoOoOoOo. Major idea, make this able to turn off other PSP's, that way if you decide to play a game multi-player with a friend, you can shut off thier PSP when they almost win. Uber devilish. Of course, this might accidentally shut off your own, so it's double sided.

PSP_Newbie
July 9th, 2005, 07:17
or maybe find some way to work non-sony TV's, like those universal remote controls^^

ganon
July 9th, 2005, 15:13
I wonder if u can add ccf and lirc files so u can add input for more devices and brands

El Payo
July 13th, 2005, 09:06
It would be fun to have an option to run through all the 'power off' codes of every TV manufacturer like the TVBGone device does. http://www.tvbgone.com/

Or for that matter, ever off code for every device out there. Then you could wreak havoc at Circuit City, Best Buy or... MWAHAHAHAHA on the E3 show floor.

PSP_Newbie
July 13th, 2005, 10:17
lol El Payo, there's almost limitless possibilities with the IR function, cant wait til another update for a more universal control...lol, a tvbgone mode would be awsome ;P