PDA

View Full Version : Memory Card Help!!!

ZackRabbit
July 8th, 2005, 18:20
I just got a SanDisk 1GB MS for my PSP (Finally! it was on backorder for the past month) . I also seemed to have corrupted the data. On my psp it says 0kb available for my card. When I try to format in my PSP I get a message saying 'Format failed.' and an error code (8001007c).

When I hook it up to my computer it shows up and I can look through all the files and see everything that was originally there. If I try to delete or move anything I get a message saying the it could not specify a path. After that it won't show me whats on the card until I remove the card reader and replug it in.

I tried to format the card by going to my computer and right clicking on the removable disk and choosing format (making sure I do not explore the card as im doing so) and it always says 'windows has failed to format the card'. I've tried doing formatting in FAT and FAT32 and it always fails.

Can someone please help!

rest05
July 8th, 2005, 18:39
maybe you sould try and format it in another psp or computer? send that thing back if posssible and get a new one!!!!!

sarla1596
July 8th, 2005, 18:44
yea if i were you i wouldnt even mess with trying to get that particular card to work, id just grab the recite and exchange that card asap

Jeisu
July 9th, 2005, 02:19
Format it on your PC, then do a format again but on your PSP.

xuphorz
July 9th, 2005, 02:41
it's defective, i've heard on other sites about alot of defective 1gb cards :(
send it back

PSP_Newbie
July 9th, 2005, 04:46
i also read soemwhere that if u format it in a memory card reader u might get it to work, but i wouldnt count on it, just grab your receipt and exchange it for a new one

Velo
July 9th, 2005, 06:15
Yes, I read these are defective often. Try and get yo mula back. It isn't worth the hassle. Plus you might get a shiny new memory card, yippy.