PDA

View Full Version : ASCII Boot Splash 0.2

wraggster
October 8th, 2007, 16:14
News/release from aliasneo:

Ok, as promised, this will be the first official release of ASCII Boot Splash by NeO. With the initial version of 0.2.

After noting comments and suggestions about the BETA version some slight changes have been made, as well as the implementation of a request made in the previous thread.

Changelog:
Code cleanup
Static splash: You can have a document with one single frame that will be displayed for a fixed period.
Timing: When using a PSP with the Sony boot logo enabled, the static splash should show exactly as the mini wave behind "Sony Computer Entertainment" "explodes" into the full size wave, and end just before the XMB starts to load. However, when using an "animated" splash, when the splash ends depends on exactly how many frames you use. When CBOOT is disabled, the splash should display shortly as the XMB loads.
Other minor changes. (input file now called splash.txt)
At present this plugin as being released as for use with the PSP fat. I do not have a slim and so I am unable to test if it works here, I would appreciate if anyone could let me know if this works under the PSP Slim and firmwares 3.60 and 3.71.

Please read the readme included in the download for installation and useage information.

Feel free to reply with comments and suggestions.

Thanks and enjoy.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via aliasneo (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-release-ascii-boot-splash-02-123748.html)

tgm123
October 9th, 2007, 00:09
Tested on Slim with 3.71 M33 Update 2

NOT Working.....