PDA

View Full Version : PSP Protection Password v0.3

wraggster
October 8th, 2007, 19:54
New release from Becus25:

Here it is the new update.

It's only for 3.40 OE and 3.5x M33 and only for PSP fat, no PSP SLIM! .

INSTRUCTIONS :
1) Download the rar. Put PPPF folder on GAME150 folder of your memory stick.
Read too note.txt!.

2) Go to the recovery and activate autoboot option. Press on the exit function of the recovery.

3) Generate your password.txt (with PPP utility) and put it on PPPF folder of GAME150 folder.

4) Run the application .
Later of this, you will have ppp installed or you will have a brick.
Use it in your own risk

---------------------------------------
Tested on 3.40 Oe and work perfectly . On 3.52 m33 it should work but I'm not tested on it.

Notes about ppp :
If the password is correct , when you press X on the four digit for check the password , press R to go quickly to the recovery.
If the password not is correct the PSP will go to standby mode.

Any bug, write it on this thread, thanks

Rtcs files are of Dark_AleX.

Note : Now I'm studying, when I finish studying I'll adapt (if ppp not work) PPP for 3.52 M33, later to 3.71 M33.
Goodbye.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Mashphealh
October 8th, 2007, 21:15
wraggster read the note2 please of official thread of PPP in QJ , it's important.

idan6767
October 8th, 2007, 22:06
that's nice but i pretty sure that SONY will add this feature to the psp in the next updates.

cloud_952
October 9th, 2007, 16:48
I'm not so sure they'll add a password. Thus far, I've never seen a console or handheld game with password features. O_o I think it's because users are generally terribly stupid and they know too many people will lock themselves out. Sure, the iPod has a password feature, but you can dock it and reset the fw. The PSP? No such luck. If you forget the password, you'd have to have some sort of full hardware reset, which the PSP does not have one built in (and therefore, you can't add one). You could add a button-press reset.. but then why the hell do you even have a password if you can just double-tap the shoulder buttons to get around it?

nofx_sk8
October 10th, 2007, 08:48
Sure, the iPod has a password feature, but you can dock it and reset the fw. The PSP? No such luck

You can always use Pandora! :)

cloud_952
October 11th, 2007, 03:10
Now while granted, that's true, there are numerous homebrew ways around the problem. ^^ But not mainstream. That's why I really don't think Sony would officially release a password feature.