PDA

View Full Version : PSP MAME4ALL v4.7 & 4.6 r3- 09/10/07 - Arcade Emulator for PSP

Baboon
October 9th, 2007, 08:28
TTYman has posted an excellent new update for his latest build of mame4all for the psp. http://ttyman.free.fr/

Heres the change list:

PSP MAME4ALL v4.7r3 Hires by TTYman, 08/10/2007
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-

Install directions:

- Copy in /PSP/GAME (firmware 1.5) or /PSP/GAME150 (firmware 1.5 compatibility for 3.xx OE release);
- Recreate zipped roms with included ClrMame compatible .DAT files (v0.34-v0.36 mixed roms);
- Add created zipped roms files in ROMs subfolder and samples in samples subfolder;

Specific Features:

- Based on latest GP2X MAME4All releases v4.7;
- 480ラ272 full PSP Hires Support, now games with >320 orizz. and >240 vert. pixels are fully playable (Loderun, Galaga etc.);
- Overclock support, from 133 to 333 MHz;
- Fixed, Fixed Divided by 2, Software Scaled and Software Full Screen Stretched resolutions (all maximum 480ラ272);
- Frameskip as GP2X version (fixed 0-5, auto 1-5);
- Vsync on/off;
- Save configuration support, default and per game;
- 22KHz with 16 voices predefined sounds, 33KHz and 44KHz frequencies with 4, 8 and 16 voices combinations added;
- Preliminary analog support;
- Autocentering fix for all resolutions;
- Optimized compiled code as derived from GP2X version, but for PSP cpu (fastest graphics core!);
- Stripped & Packed executable, only 2.1MB;
- Original graphics theme from Gold edition;
- Music in menu (filename music.psp in data folder), in these supported formats: .MOD, .S3M, .IT, .XM and .OGG;
- Added, as bonus, 1st classified OldSkool at Assembly 2007 Music Competition (Commodore 64 based), in .OGG format;
- Graphic theme 480ラ272 BMP skins support, both pspmenu480.bmp and pspsplash480.bmp in folder skins;

Specific Controls:

- Button SELECT: Insert credits.
- Button START: Play.
- Button HOME: after Pause exit game and return to menu.
- Buttons L+R: Activate/deactivate screen fixed/fixed div2/scale/stretch.
- Buttons L+R pressed during one second: Pause.
- Buttons L+HOME simultaneously: Reset emulation.

Fixed from 4.7r2:

- Sounds now are near arcade perfect, with minor gliches in some sound chips emulations;
- Gold (CPS1, System16 and Neogeo) specific emulations are now stand-alone, as require different z80 cpu implementation;
- Improved performance with sounds, oldies with 0 frame skip and vsync on, others with auto-1 and auto-2;

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

mikebeaver
October 9th, 2007, 10:43
Nice one Baboon, glad to seee your on the ball as usual with this emu :)
I'll take a look later when I get home from work and see how compatability is this time.

Mike..

THE PREDATOR
October 9th, 2007, 11:31
Great I've been waiting for an update for weeks ninja turtles now works in the gold version and the analogue works pretty good as well.

andmaz
October 9th, 2007, 12:48
Does this work on 1.00 firmware?

Zombo
October 9th, 2007, 13:01
WooHoo!

I myself have been waiting quite a while for this emu to be updated!

Downloading it right now...A shame I dont have alot of time to test it out right now...cause of skool! :|

Panini
October 9th, 2007, 13:04
Great I've been waiting for an update for weeks ninja turtles now works in the gold version and the analogue works pretty good as well.

I can get tmnt to boot but it hangs after a few seconds. What settings dya have for it??

Baboon
October 9th, 2007, 13:35
I can get tmnt to boot but it hangs after a few seconds. What settings dya have for it??

I changed the sample rate to 33k 4v and overclocked the psp to 333mhz and it works fine. :thumbup:

Can anbody get Rodland to work with sound? The game works but freezes when you actualy start the game unless you disable the sound??

Panini
October 9th, 2007, 17:43
Does anybody know if outrun works on this build?

hack.fool
October 9th, 2007, 18:07
great update indeed ..
can't wait to try it out!!
Thanks for all your hard work TTYman!!

E.J.
October 9th, 2007, 19:23
If dodonpachi works on this one i'm sold!, jaja

hack.fool
October 9th, 2007, 20:28
Snowbros now works great!!
by the way Tumblepop still got no sound..

what games does the gold version can run?

urherenow
October 9th, 2007, 20:42
I see a lot of "Source code will follow." entries on the web page but where exactly are the sources? this latest one says "Source code from now is merged to official Franxis痴 GP2X port, at http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/, so wait next release for it."

so it's wait, wait, wait, wait... the mame license REQUIRES the source to be released with binaries. At any rate, I'm very pleased to see this progress! I'm just anxious to see how the code was transformed to work with the PSPSDK. MAME source code is about the only source code that I have any experience with. Perhaps I'll be able to make different builds with different games with the help of this. Mad props to you TTYman!!!:thumbup:

Baboon
October 9th, 2007, 20:50
[B]
what games does the gold version can run?

Of the ones I own that I've had the time to try: Konami's masterpiece 'TMNT', and the rest really being Sega system 16b hardware games... Alien Syndrome, Alien Storm, Golden Axe, Shinobi, Tetris, Eswat, Space Harrier (although it seems a tad slow), Super Hangon, Riot City, Altered Beast, Dynamite Dux (although with no sound), Wrestle war.... :thumbup:

I havent bothered with NeoGeo or Capcom games though as NJ's emu's do a 100% perfect job with them. :D

hack.fool
October 9th, 2007, 21:42
thanks Baboon
now it's all clear..gotto try many games this week
(n_n)

we should write a compatibility list for those games..

Zombo
October 9th, 2007, 22:31
Here are all the games that I have gotten for it to show in the Gold menu (I honestly dont know if they actually work) This also isnt the complete list (Outrun,and etc are missing) But of course you can add more!

Hopefully this makes things easier! ;)

1941j....."1941 (Japan)"
1941....."1941 (World)"
alexkidd....."Alex Kidd (set 1)"
astormbl....."Alien Storm (bootleg)"
aliensyn....."Alien Syndrome (set 1)"
altbeast....."Altered Beast (Version 1)"
area88....."Area 88"
aurail....."Aurail (set 1)"
dino....."Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (World)"
cworld2j....."Capcom World 2 (Japan)"
captcomj....."Captain Commando (Japan)"
captcomu....."Captain Commando (US)"
captcomm....."Captain Commando (World)"
cawingj....."Carrier Air Wing / U.S. Navy (Japan)"
cawing....."Carrier Air Wing / U.S. Navy (World)"
ghoulsj....."Dai Makai-Mura"
dduxbl....."Dynamite Dux (bootleg)"
eswatbl....."E-Swat (bootleg)"
fantzone....."Fantasy Zone"
ffightj....."Final Fight (Japan)"
ffight....."Final Fight (World)"
ffightu....."Final Fight (US)"
fpointbl....."Flash Point (bootleg)"
ghouls....."Ghouls'n Ghosts"
goldnaxe....."Golden Axe (Version 1)"
hwchamp....."Heavyweight Champ"
kod....."King Of Dragons (World)"
kodb....."King Of Dragons (bootleg)"
kodj....."King Of Dragons (Japan)"
knightsj....."Knights of the Round (Japan)"
knights....."Knights of the Round (World)"
mswordj....."Magic Sword (Japan)"
mswordu....."Magic Sword (US)"
msword....."Magic Sword (World)"
mjleague....."Major League"
megaman....."Mega Man - The Power Battle (Asia)"
chikij....."Mega Twins / Chiki Chiki Boys (Japan)"
mtwins....."Mega Twins / Chiki Chiki Boys (World)"
mercs....."Mercs (World)"
mercsu....."Mercs (US)"
mbomberj....."Muscle Bomber Duo (Japan)"
mbomber....."Muscle Bomber Duo (World)"
nemoj....."Nemo (Japan)"
nemo....."Nemo (World)"
pang3....."Pang! 3 (Japan)"
passshtb....."Passing Shot (2 Players) (bootleg)"
pnickj....."Pnickies (Japan)"
punishrj....."Punisher (Japan)"
punisher....."Punisher (World)"
punkshot....."Punk Shot"
quartet2....."Quartet II"
qadj....."Quiz & Dragons (Japan)"
qad....."Quiz & Dragons (US)"
rockmanj....."Rockman - The Power Battle (Japan)"
sdi....."SDI - Strategic Defense Initiative"
mercsj....."Senjo no Ookami II (Japan)"
shinobi....."Shinobi (set 1)"
slammast....."Slam Masters (World)"
sf2j....."Street Fighter 2 (Japan)"
sf2 ....."Street Fighter 2 (World)"
sf2a....."Street Fighter II (US rev A)"
sf2b....."Street Fighter II (US rev B)"
sf2e....."Street Fighter II (US rev E)"
sf2cej....."Street Fighter II - Champion Edition (Japan)"
sf2tj....."Street Fighter II Turbo (Japan)"
sf2ce....."Street Fighter II' - Champion Edition (World)"
sf2t....."Street Fighter II' - Hyper Fighting (US)"
striderj....."Strider (Japan)"
strider....."Strider (US)"
tmht2p....."TMHT (2 Players UK)"
tmnt2pj....."TMNT (2 Players Japanese)"
tmntj....."TMNT (4 Players Japanese)"
tmnt....."TMNT (4 Players USA)"
dwj....."Tenchi o Kurau (Japan)"
wofj....."Tenchi o Kurau 2 (Japan)"
tetrisbl....."Tetris (Sega bootleg)"
3wonders....."Three Wonders (US)"
timscanr....."Time Scanner"
tturfbl....."Tough Turf (bootleg)"
unsquad....."UN Squadron"
varthj....."Varth (Japan)"
varth....."Varth (World)"
wof....."Warriors of Fate (World)"
willow....."Willow (Japan, English)"
willowj....."Willow (Japan, Japanese)"
3wonderj....."Wonder 3 (Japan)"
wb3bl....."Wonder Boy III - Monster Lair (bootleg)"
wrestwar....."Wrestle War"

PSmonkey
October 9th, 2007, 22:41
*eh* I swore I made a post ealier.
Anyways....

So if TMNT is compatible. Is Simpsons arcade also compatible?

Also what about Taito F-3 games. Are any of them working?

paladinja
October 9th, 2007, 23:28
WHOAHhohohoooo, save states... in Black tiger?!? Shiz, maybe now I can FINISH that sumbich.

argor
October 10th, 2007, 02:13
Does anybody know if outrun works on this build?

outrun will not run for 2 reasons ram limation and the fame-c core is to unstable
to be usable it not stable like the cyclone core and the gp2xmame which is used it to run outrun

Apoklepz
October 10th, 2007, 02:35
Thanks for the great news Baboon.

Now I have something to fool around with until I get my God of War Demo or my copy of Dracula X Chronicles.

This release sounds sweet in improvements, too.

Thanks!

hounddog
October 10th, 2007, 02:59
does anybody kno how to get the simpsons runnig if so plz tell me

B-Z 52
October 10th, 2007, 03:39
all right!! time to play aero fighters love this emu

Rob79
October 10th, 2007, 05:09
When I try the regualr or the gold version I get the error the game could not be started. (80020001) error. I am running on 1.5 do I need to be running a oe version for this to work? I can run mame4all by kech 0.0.3 but no roms work, not sure how all this mame works on the psp, I have MAME on my pc and it just works, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

unstoppable_96
October 10th, 2007, 06:14
Hope this supports lots of games :)

nofx_sk8
October 10th, 2007, 07:25
When I try the regualr or the gold version I get the error the game could not be started. (80020001) error. I am running on 1.5 do I need to be running a oe version for this to work? I can run mame4all by kech 0.0.3 but no roms work, not sure how all this mame works on the psp, I have MAME on my pc and it just works, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

You have to KXploit it i think - use SeiPSP Tool and choose the folder you wish (PSP_MAME4ALL_v4.7r3 or gold)
hope it helps

Baboon
October 10th, 2007, 12:33
[QUOTE=PSmonkey;530209

Also what about Taito F-3 games. Are any of them working?[/QUOTE]

Simpsons is not compatible on this build (well its not on the working games list so I havent bothered trying)... and Tatio F3 games do not run on this either. :(

As it is though this mame4all (well, both of the eboots) is looking pretty fine. :D

geise69
October 10th, 2007, 12:37
*eh* I swore I made a post ealier.
Anyways....

Also what about Taito F-3 games. Are any of them working?

Sorry but The Simpsons is on totally different hardware that is not emulated in this port of MAME. It runs off of the Konami X-MEN hardware. Also Taito F-3 games are also not supported in this port. Since this is based off of Franxis's GP2XMAME the rom sets I believe should match that of 0.34b and a couple from 0.35 and 0.36. Also the gamelist.txt has all the supported games for this mame. I heard on the gp2x boards that Franxis is looking into seeing if he can do The Simpsons, but it's not going to be easy adding it to this build. It just seems any game drivers past 0.34 can be a pain to get running in this build of MAME.

Baboon beat me to it. That's what I get for posting at work =P

drock82
October 10th, 2007, 14:24
is x-men arcade working..it was once on the konami emulator for the psp:confused:

Baboon
October 10th, 2007, 14:58
Baboon beat me to it. That's what I get for posting at work =P

Haha... I'm also at work at the mo - not doing much work! :rofl:

is x-men arcade working..it was once on the konami emulator for the psp:confused:

No its not, read geise69's post.

carpy
October 10th, 2007, 16:03
Do I need to do anything special to get the samples to work?

Berzerk runs great but without the sound it's pretty lame.

October 10th, 2007, 17:26
Any info about the first double dragon? I still haven't found an emulator able to run it properly.

hack.fool
October 10th, 2007, 17:46
@avatar81:

double dragon works flawless now (*v*)

urherenow
October 10th, 2007, 20:17
for the kxploit comment... just don't do it. Nothing should be kxploited anymore and if you haven't run it yet, run the kxploit patcher on your PSP, so no matter what kernel you use, single eboots will work (you just need to figure out if you need 1.5 or 3.x kernel enabled). And run PSPbrew on all your old stuf to make them Single eboots as well. This gets rid of all need for disabling corrupted icons and such.

For the MAME on my PC comment... roms change between builds of mame. more accurate dumps, better emulation, etc... so using working roms from your PC may not work on the PSP version. You need the correct version of the roms. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you where to find them in this forum ;)

pibs
October 11th, 2007, 05:06
will it ever or is it possible to run San Francisco Rush. It just wont run :(

Tyr
October 11th, 2007, 11:53
will it ever or is it possible to run San Francisco Rush. It just wont run :(

I doubt mame on psp will ever run it since its probably quite a heavy game to emulate , but the n64 version might get supported in Daedalus in the future.

Baboon
October 11th, 2007, 12:24
I see a lot of "Source code will follow." entries on the web page but where exactly are the sources? this latest one says "Source code from now is merged to official Franxis痴 GP2X port, at http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/, so wait next release for it."

so it's wait, wait, wait, wait... the mame license REQUIRES the source to be released with binaries. At any rate, I'm very pleased to see this progress! I'm just anxious to see how the code was transformed to work with the PSPSDK. MAME source code is about the only source code that I have any experience with. Perhaps I'll be able to make different builds with different games with the help of this. Mad props to you TTYman!!!:thumbup:

As they say "patience is a virtue" lol... the source code has now been released: http://ttyman.free.fr/?p=13 :thumbup:

@ pibster: As Tyr has posted you aint ever going to see San Franciso Rush working on mame psp... its barely playable on my PC! lol

tails2
October 14th, 2007, 15:06
Ok I am trying to play bubble bobble and have gotten as far as getting the emulator to load up and see the game in the list but it wont load the game,. it could be because i cant figure out how to recreate the rom as is stated in the readme of PSP MAME4ALL v4.7r3 Hires.

It says:

Install directions:

- Copy in /PSP/GAME (firmware 1.5) or /PSP/GAME150 (firmware 1.5 compatibility for 3.xx OE release); DONE

- Recreate zipped roms with included ClrMame compatible .DAT files (v0.34-v0.36 mixed roms); CAN'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND OR DO THIS PART

- Add created zipped roms files in ROMs subfolder and samples in samples subfolder;

I hope someone can help me.

thanks

repuken2
October 14th, 2007, 17:36
check your bubble bubble rom version, it might be wrong.

demondude777
October 16th, 2007, 21:26
I am right there too. I think mine are v.106 or something. How to I up them to be playable?

THE PREDATOR
October 22nd, 2007, 12:31
Ok I am trying to play bubble bobble and have gotten as far as getting the emulator to load up and see the game in the list but it wont load the game,. it could be because i cant figure out how to recreate the rom as is stated in the readme of PSP MAME4ALL v4.7r3 Hires.

It says:

Install directions:

- Copy in /PSP/GAME (firmware 1.5) or /PSP/GAME150 (firmware 1.5 compatibility for 3.xx OE release); DONE

- Recreate zipped roms with included ClrMame compatible .DAT files (v0.34-v0.36 mixed roms); CAN'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND OR DO THIS PART

I hope someone can help me.

thanks

Try using the Bobble Bobble rom it works great for me.

stika
October 22nd, 2007, 22:36
please help, whenever i put a game in the rom folder it still says no roms found

stika
October 23rd, 2007, 14:25
i already downloaded clrmame pro, and i converted the roms (alien storm and alien syndrom) but whenever i put it on the emulator it says that there are no games detected, what am i doing wrong?