PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help... PSX on PSP Slim?

unknownzero
October 10th, 2007, 05:43
Hi, I'm a new PSP owner and this is my first time tinkering with my PSP...

I heard it was possible to get PSX games running on a PSP, however, from other threads, I also hear there are problems getting custom/homebrew things to run on the newer PSP Slims.

I looked through most of the FAQs and help guides, but I'm still confused as to how to get things running... so far I'm confused between emulation programs... and UMD loaders? I'm pretty clueless right now... if anyone could help me sort this out, I'd much appreciate it.

thehumanidiot
October 10th, 2007, 11:49
ok first off, dont ask for any isos or roms here, and you need custom firware to do all those things you were talking about

darthclone
October 11th, 2007, 04:10
well legallly get some eboots or isos of your fav psx game and place it in your game folder it should work . about roms like for emulators make sure u check like on the emulators website to see if its supported or just look around type in

Psp Slim supported emulators or sumthin like that

as long as the emu works so should the rom

unknownzero
October 11th, 2007, 07:48
well legallly get some eboots or isos of your fav psx game and place it in your game folder it should work . about roms like for emulators make sure u check like on the emulators website to see if its supported or just look around type in

Psp Slim supported emulators or sumthin like that

as long as the emu works so should the rom

O_O Really?

Oh... wow, that's pretty sweet. I pretty much own every game that I wanted to play on my PSP anyways, so all I need to do is rip it to my psp's memory stick? Guess it's worth a shot. Thanks for your help!

Napalm-Death
October 11th, 2007, 17:19
You have to rip it and then convert it using a POPS tool, then you copy the game's eboot.pbp and keys.bin to X:\PSP\GAME

unknownzero
October 12th, 2007, 06:20
You have to rip it and then convert it using a POPS tool, then you copy the game's eboot.pbp and keys.bin to X:\PSP\GAME

Ahhhh... cool, I'll give it a shot. Thanks for your help!

Napalm-Death
October 13th, 2007, 01:17
Oh crap dude, I forgot to mention... you need a homebrewable PSP as well. Good luck with that part. :(

unknownzero
October 16th, 2007, 00:11
T_T...

...crap? :|