PDA

View Full Version : Updating ports to KOS!

wraggster
December 31st, 2013, 00:17
via http://www.dreamcast.es/news.php?readmore=654#comments

I had not published anything new from my "handwriting". I ask apologize in advance, you'll understand that there are many other priorities in my life ... and hobbies have these times :) Lately I've dedicated to collecting source codes of games made ​​with libdream (you know, the precursor library KOS), and rewrite them to work on KOS . Motives? In addition to preservation , serve as an excellent introductory guide to programming Kallistios and, why not, rediscover little gems !

Tic-tac-toe ,

this is definitely the weakest of the ports. Very simple, allowing games to the already well-known Tic-Tac-Toe, either against the CPU or another player. I added a 50/60Hz selector, OGG and background music (CC).

Robot Finds Kitten

Here a rarity, as it says in its description : Robot Kitten is Zen is a simulation, games with an ASCII interface, wherein the user (playing the eponymous robot and represented by a sign) should find the kitten ( . represented by a series of random characters) in a field of other random characters

has its own website: robotfindskitten.org and there are plenty of ports for all systems! So another preserved for KOS version!

DCIS - Dreamcast Emulator Space Invaders

And let the best for dessert :). DCIS is a 8080 emulator that can play the legendary Space Invaders, with some extras included! Another very interesting port in pure KOS, and little sounds of Martians! lol Here's the page, still active, the original game: DCIS

Find the three games (binaries and sources) in the Downloads section -> IberDC (or your right, Latest Downloads)

Now notice that 2014 will also homebreweras surprises! Do not forget to comment! ;)