PDA

View Full Version : PSP Release - Assault Mission v0.1

DimensionT
October 11th, 2007, 03:58
I figured I'd make a release to show that I'm making progress. All you can do right now is fly around and enjoy the scenery/music. It's running slow right now because I wanted to try some effects with the clouds (looks awesome in my opinion).

Anyway, here's a screenshot:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Dthsix6six/screen.png

Thanks to Buddy4point0 for helping me out, yet again :thumbup:.

Have fun!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

-Xandu-
October 11th, 2007, 15:11
Checked out the code, haven't tested it out yet.

Looks like you need to optimize your code a bit more and .. remove "LUA Fart Machine" from there since it won't load up. Missing files ;). Will try it later, looks good.

DimensionT
October 11th, 2007, 19:27
Lol, I totally forgot that fart machine script was there. The game still works perfectly fine though.

I'm not planning to keep the clouds in there (way too slow). I just wanted to see how it would look/run.

What optimizations do you think I should make? I'm still pretty new at this, so I need all the help I can get.

EDIT: Here's a small update. I managed to get it running fullspeed with the clouds, so I guess they'll be staying.

Assault Mission v0.1b (http://files.filefront.com/Assault+Mission+v01brar/;8773982;/fileinfo.html)

Buddy4point0
October 11th, 2007, 22:14
dood, why release it. man.

DimensionT
October 11th, 2007, 23:32
I dunno... I've been wanting to contribute to the homebrew scene for a LONG time. When I actually make something (even if it's a cheesy scrolling demo), I get excited about posting it.

I won't be making another release untill I have alot more done though. Just thought I'd show some people that I'm learning :p.

Ghoti
October 12th, 2007, 14:14
Hmm you made me curious about the clouds :) I will check it out.

hacksparrow
October 12th, 2007, 16:45
gorgeous on the eyes, slow on the play

were your intentions making this a vertical shooters?

cuz y not b different & have another mission instead of killing???

:thumbup:'s on the release tho

DimensionT
October 12th, 2007, 18:54
gorgeous on the eyes, slow on the play

Did you download version 0.1b? It's the same exact thing as the version in my first post, but fullspeed.