PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron

wraggster
October 12th, 2007, 06:37
Newly released today at Play Asia (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-b9-49-en-84-j-70-28wm.html)

http://image1.play-asia.com/170/5t/pa.104854.1.jpg

Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron is the previously untold story of a ragtag ensemble of battle-hardened rogues and scoundrels assembled by Han Solo. Gathered to execute some of the most secretive operations in the Rebel Alliance's war against the Galactic Empire, the Renegade Squadron participates in battles spanning the galaxy. From the Valley of the Sith on Korriban to a dogfight in space through the remains of Alderaan, Solo directs the team on missions of sabotage, rescue and retrieval.

Spanishpeacock
October 12th, 2007, 07:50
New customization feature is awesome. You have up to 100 points or whatever, to do whatever you want to your guy. Choose your primary and secondary weapons, pick from power ups like starting health and speed, how fast you capture command points. You can even add a jetpack or shield to any trooper. For those people wondering about what firmware is required, it only needs 3.51, so those on 3.52 m33-4 are still in the clear.

DarthPaul
October 12th, 2007, 09:22
Gotta love Star Wars.

Baboon
October 12th, 2007, 11:09
This game is indeed class... and I'm quite addicted to the infastrucsure multiplayer. :)

I'm well happy because finally theres some good new online games out for the psp... Sega Rally, Syphon filter LS, SW rouge squadron, Worms 2.

Good times. :)

DarthPaul
October 12th, 2007, 13:42
Wow I didn't know that Syphon Filter and Star Wars have online! :eek: Awesome!

Veskgar
October 12th, 2007, 16:35
Good game. I'm just disappointed with the visuals. Not as smooth and polished as I would have liked. Since this was exclusive to the PSP I feel they should have taken the time to make it one of the best looking PSP titles.

My other gripe would be the controls.

But this far exceeds the previous Battlefront title for the PSP. And the infrastructure multiplayer is a very good thing.

jaws365
October 13th, 2007, 11:55
I love Star Wars movies but I wonder why most Star Wars games suck so much. Lucasfilm has definitely got the resources and the ideas but...

Knights Of The Old Republic and Lego Star Wars are nice games though.

Veskgar
October 13th, 2007, 17:25

Yeah, I actually think regarding the PSP, a KOTOR game would work best. That or they should make an entirely original Star Wars RPG or tactical RPG for the PSP.

jammet
October 15th, 2007, 12:45
Online in RS is pretty much just for fun. There is absolutely NO competition possible unless you're among the top 10 players.

And that's because the player rankings have NO search feature. You can flip pages. Great, what fun with thousands of players. You will *never* know your own rank unless you can find your name in that list.

No buddy lists, no chat whatsoever, no clans, no message boards, nothing. Just plain whacking each others heads endlessy in online.

I love the game, but it's so lacking in terms of possibilities.

The King
October 15th, 2007, 14:27
hhmm i see that this is a game i must get and become real nice online

AvengedSevenfold Fan
October 15th, 2007, 20:06
nice, i was addicted to battlefront 2

FBomb
October 15th, 2007, 22:33
I love Star Wars movies but I wonder why most Star Wars games suck so much. Lucasfilm has definitely got the resources and the ideas but...

Yeah, something bad happened to LucasArts in the 90's. I dont know what it was, but you can sure see the effects. It used to be that whatever LA touched turned to gold.