PDA

View Full Version : Need beta testers for race game

Ghoti
October 13th, 2007, 21:42
Hi folks,

I am in need of some (beta) testers. I am making a race game and now the game gets a little bigger I need people to test it before I release a build. I need you to have one of these:

Firmware 1.5 (not using custom firmware)
Firmware 1.5 kernel using OE firmware
Firmware 1.5 kernel using M33
Higher firmware (using M33 I guess) no 1.5 kernel but capable of homebrew

If you have that firmware and want to be a tester for me :) that would be nice and leave a message here:thumbup:

There are a few rules which you need to follow:

No leaking gamefiles
No leaking of screenshots (or with my approval)
Really have the firmware I need :)
Able to write english which is understanable :D

If you have the time and want to help please let me know, but please know that progress is slow on this project due to a very busy life.

Hope to hear from you soon.

greetings ghoti

Tesseract
October 13th, 2007, 21:49
I'm interested. I've got 3.71m33 and enjoy racing games.

I'm also cool with slow progress. I have a busy life too, and might not be able to keep up with a fast-moving project!

Sonicboy 101
October 13th, 2007, 21:53
I could test. I have 3.52 M33-4.

Ghoti
October 13th, 2007, 22:10
I'm interested. I've got 3.71m33 and enjoy racing games.

I'm also cool with slow progress. I have a busy life too, and might not be able to keep up with a fast-moving project!
Nice to know :) Your psp runs 3.71m33, does it run that with 1.5 kernel or just with the 3.71 kernel ?

I could test. I have 3.52 M33-4.
Same question :)

thanks for the replies this far, but I need also the other firmwares :thumbup:

Sonicboy 101
October 13th, 2007, 22:12
Mine runs with both kernals. :)

Tesseract
October 13th, 2007, 22:14
I do have both kernels installed. It's a PSP Phat.

Ghoti
October 13th, 2007, 22:15
Great! now I have both the M33 variants :)

only need the OE and the original variant :) anyone ?:thumbup:

BTW: the race game is an action race game :)

Tesseract
October 13th, 2007, 22:25
'Action Race'? Closer to Twisted Metal (free-roaming), MegaRace (track-based) or both (CTR)?

Heh... I realise Wip3out is a more recent example of track-based vehicular combat, but there aren't any wheels involved there....

Ghoti
October 13th, 2007, 22:27
:) yes well it is kinda like wipeout (not nearly as beautiful) but there are some things which are different (which will be explained but I need it to be a secret untill I will release it :) )

BTW why assume it is 3D ?

splodger15
October 13th, 2007, 22:33
I can go back down to 1.50 if you want Ghoti unless you have all your beta testers

cal360
October 13th, 2007, 22:33
Well I can help you with beta testing that as i'm brilliant at working out what a game needs to improve upon and I have perfect english. Right now i'm using firmware 3.71M33-2 with the 1.50 addon 2 so yes it has a 1.50 kernal and I also have another PSP I can test it on with 3.40 OE.

Ghoti
October 13th, 2007, 22:43
I can go back down to 1.50 if you want Ghoti unless you have all your beta testers

Well If you can then I also have my original 1.5 tester:thumbup:

Well I can help you with beta testing that as i'm brilliant at working out what a game needs to improve upon and I have perfect english. Right now i'm using firmware 3.71M33-2 with the 1.50 addon 2 so yes it has a 1.50 kernal and I also have another PSP I can test it on with 3.40 OE.

Well that would be very nice! Then I also have my OE variant.:thumbup:

To all however, the plan of the game is already set so small improvements to parts are welcome but changing the game different then I intended will not be done:rolleyes:

I will PM you with extra data.;)

Tesseract
October 13th, 2007, 22:46
BTW why assume it is 3D ?

Most of your other recent projects have been! I'm totally down with something more in common with an updated Ad-hoc version of Super Sprint, RC Pro-Am or Off-Road Challenge as long as it's done well!

Ghoti
October 13th, 2007, 22:55
no it is more like wipeout, hope you still like it but more info tomorrow in the email ;)

BTW have PM'd you all, if nothing has reached you let me know through pm :)

Tesseract
October 13th, 2007, 23:38
no it is more like wipeout, hope you still like it but more info tomorrow in the email ;)

Like it or not, I'll try not to let my enthusiasm/disappointment affect my reports. ;)

Johnny Rash
October 15th, 2007, 21:30
I'd like to beta test.

My PSP is running 3.52 M33-4 with both kernels.
I have two if you wanted to further test ad-hoc or wi-fi if implemented.

Muhie
October 15th, 2007, 23:24
I could (beta) test your game on my Psp Slim & Lite , if you want...