PDA

View Full Version : nullDC: Preview on things to come - Dreamcast Emulator for Windows

wraggster
October 13th, 2007, 22:52
Bobbi (http://forums.ngemu.com/news-comments/94708-nulldc-preview-things-come.html) posted this news:

Since the NG emulation scene is a bit slow on news right now, I bugged drk||Razi to find out some new details on one of the hottest dreamcast emulator out there right now, nullDC. A new version with some nice changes is on it's way, so we'll take a quick preview on the things to come.

First off, let's take a quick look at some of the features and fixes included in this upcoming version:
Hz Selection Support for PAL Games Added. (nullPVR/Chanka PVR)
Mouse & Keyboard emulation added.
Image Reader can patch GD-Rom region at runtime, to allow .gdi images from all regions to boot.
Image Reader can swap CD/GD-ROMs.
nullDC can now set the DC's region (JAP/EUR/USA), broadcast type (NTSC/PAL/PAL_M/PAL_N) and cable type (VGA/TV(RGB)/TV(VBS)).
Speed optimizations.
New Maple (Input) plugin with Gamepad support.
Fixes for the following games: Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Dino Crisis, Timestalkers, Dead or Alive 2 (LE), Virtua Fighter 3, Fighting Vipers, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Shuffle and many others ...

Now the usual question is - when can you expect a new release? The good news is that, even though no date has been set yet, the release is pretty close (we're talking about weeks, not months any more) - we'll of course keep you updated here on NGEmu should there be any news on this!

Sonicboy 101
October 13th, 2007, 22:54
Sonic Adventure fix? Resident Evil: Code Veronica fix?
Way to go! This is gonna be one awesome release!

RockinB
October 14th, 2007, 11:01
nice to know, I just started to get curious about what DC emulators exist today. I'm not very uptodate about that question, atm. If the new nullDC is out, I'll give it a try!

turnerl
October 15th, 2007, 01:20
FANTASTIC cant wait for this baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Masta-G
October 16th, 2007, 12:33
It would be nice if there eventually came a linux port with a opengl video plugin:)

Cap'n 1time
October 16th, 2007, 15:03
It would be nice if there eventually came a linux port with a opengl video plugin:)

dark has told me he wont. he's a hippie :p.

He's told me in months past that he had some work done on emulating the network and lan cards. That didnt make the list, so I guess he isnt comfortable with it just yet.

pimp12
October 17th, 2007, 00:46
Can't wait! Sonic Adventure 2 is the best dreamcast game ever and I cant wait to play it!

Masta-G
October 18th, 2007, 21:49
Can't wait! Sonic Adventure 2 is the best dreamcast game ever and I cant wait to play it!

word

pimp12
October 18th, 2007, 22:06
lol

Tezuka101
October 21st, 2007, 16:04
Oh wow, I just had to post here just to say this sounds awesome! I loved Sonic Shuffle and would love to get out my dusty disc just to play it on my PC!

pimp12
October 21st, 2007, 19:30
Hell to the yeah lol