PDA

View Full Version : NID CHANGER v 1.0

wraggster
October 14th, 2007, 09:43
News/release from HelldashX:

NID CHANGER v.1.0

This program allows you to change the NIDs in a prx/elf.
So,using this program you can make a prx with the new NIDs (3.71) or the old ones (3.52 <),making it easy to analyze them etc..

The program doesn't check if the code using the NID is correct or not,so,when a NID changed (like with the syscon.prx) the prx will not correctly work,even if you change the NID (using the program).But,this happens just with a few,so with the others it will probably work.

In the moment the program analizes and tries to change 185 NIDs,soon enough I will have the full programm ready with all NIDs.(It looks for NIDs from ata.prx,syscon.prx and a few more).

So,in the program you can do 4 things:

Press X to change the old NIDs to new NIDs from the folder "ms0:/prx".
Press [] to change new NIDs to old NIDs(ms0:/prx).
Press () to backup your prx's from "ms0:/prx" to ms0:/prx_BACKUP",under this option the program tells you the size of the folder.Make sure you have enough space to backup,else the ms will be corrupt.

Press /\ to exit.
NOTE: In case you want to edit the credit with a hex editor,or whatever,the program will not work.You have been warned.

_HellDashX_

PS. I will not release the source code, Don't ask for it.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via helldashx (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-nid-changer-124301.html)

Mr. Shizzy
October 14th, 2007, 16:32
Sweet. This has got me thinking about updating to 3.71 M33 :)

NOTE: In case you want to edit the credit with a hex editor,or whatever,the program will not work.You have been warned.

haha. PS*****.com pwned again :p

cory1492
October 14th, 2007, 17:16
Funny, doesn't want his credit edited, but give no credit at all to the likely place where he sourced the NID's this app changes.

kcajblue
October 14th, 2007, 19:04
i havent been paying attention to the psp scene a whole lot lately.

what is an NID?

Mr. Shizzy
October 14th, 2007, 21:35
^^^ Basically this is a .prx upgrader/downgrader ;)

IM back!
October 14th, 2007, 21:39
i havent been paying attention to the psp scene a whole lot lately.

what is an NID?

you haven't looked at the psp since 1.5 a nid is a instuction to the psp kernal.

tgm123
October 15th, 2007, 00:51
can this app be used to make some plugins work with 3.71 mee-2?