PDA

View Full Version : WARNING !!! Unrecoverable bricks signalled on 3.71 M33 !!!

-Xandu-
October 15th, 2007, 11:31
http://www.innfusion.com/blogimages/Brick.jpg

From the sounds of it, it is now possible to cause a FULL UNRECOVERABLE brick on your 3.71 M33-2 PSP.

Symptoms:
You used USB flash access to write something to flash0/1/2/3, either in recovery or in VSH after re-routing USB. Although Dark_AleX fixed the bug that was present in 3.60 M33 and 3.71 M33-1 (which caused files larger than approx. 60kb to be corrupted), flash writing is still unreliable. It seems the nand partitioning is messed up after a USB flash write.

After flash access through USB, you either get an infinite BSOD or a PSP that doesn't boot at all. The PSP can't be recovered by Pandora or any of the Cemetery sticks!

Precautions:
Don't use USB flash write access when on 3.71 M33-2 until further notice! If you did and you get a BSOD, don't press O! It will cause an infinite BSOD loop that can't be fixed. According to some reports in other threads, when you hard power off your PSP at the BSOD (power switch or battery out) you have a small chance to get the PSP booting again, but some things will not function since flash1 is not correctly initialized. Probably a "restore default settings" may fix this, otherwise, try the flash1 format from recovery.

Solutions:
When you have a working full nand dump safely stored somewhere, use the Cemetery V3 stick to restore it to your PSP. On the fat, you can also use Cory's upNandTool or a similar tool, on the slim you can also use Cemetery V1 or V2. Don't try to use Pandora, because it does a logical restore and for this problem, you need a physical restore. Remember that it's impossible to restore any other PSP's nand dump, because you will screw up IDStorage beyond any repair!!!

When you don't have a nand backup but your PSP is a fat, get a nand backup from another PSP. It may be of any fw version, although only 1.50 will boot instantly. The important part is the partitioning, not the nand contents. Before doing anything to your bricked PSP, use Pandora or any Cemetery stick to create a full backup of your nand! Store it safely on your PC, and maybe a copy on another media. After making sure your nand backup is safe, use Cemetery V3 to restore the other nand dump. Pandora will not work because you need a physical restore, not a logical. When you restored a 1.50 dump, your PSP should now boot again. With any other firmware, it will still be a brick. You should now be able to use Pandora or Cemetery to unbrick it. All that remains is to restore your own IDStorage, or your PSP will be homebrew only. Use the dump you created from your own bricked PSP and Cory's upNandTool to restore IDStorage only without overwriting the other nand contents. Now your PSP should be fully functional again.

When you don't have a nand backup and your PSP is a slim, you're screwed. Restoring another PSP's nand dump won't work because of the protections Sony added to the slim on nand level, including signing and encryption. If you still want to give it a go, you can try the procedure described above for the fat. But use the 64M version of upNandTool instead. And only use another slim's nand dump, a fat's dump will definitely not work.

FINAL WARNING !!!
Especially on the Slim, before doing anything that writes to your nand (including regular updates), create a nand dump! Store it on your PC and on another media and make sure it's safe! Currently it's your only chance of unbricking a full brick!

[EDIT] It seems to me that Sony is no longer afraid of bricking their customer's PSPs. My guess is that part of the nand protection they already put in the slim's hardware, has been incorporated into the 3.71 firmware, causing all kinds of corruptions whenever a flash write is done. Although it still could be a stupid bug...

mnuhaily22
October 15th, 2007, 11:40
Thanks for da heads up bro...
EDIT: I figured out how to fix this, its actually quite simple, just downgrade to 1.50 using da regular pandora, and it works!!!

dangee
October 15th, 2007, 11:43
o~O , hope you didnt brick to verify this!
anyhow , thx 4 the warning. your info is
always reliable.

ddrkhat
October 15th, 2007, 11:46
Excuse me for sounding rude or something, but how the hell can there be a perm brick? The Pandora boots before system firmware. So why can you not just flash a fresh 3.71 M33 on?

DarthPaul
October 15th, 2007, 11:55
Wow bad news.

-Xandu-
October 15th, 2007, 11:59
Excuse me for sounding rude or something, but how the hell can there be a perm brick? The Pandora boots before system firmware. So why can you not just flash a fresh 3.71 M33 on?
The NAND will be corrupted, you won't be able to flash anything on it..

tgm123
October 15th, 2007, 12:07
I had this permanent brick after trying to install a new gameboot on my slim

pandora menu booted fine and i always backup my nand so i was able to flash my nand dump and it worked perfectly

full tutorial on this processs can be found on the site in my sig

EDIT: when this happens, you cannot install a fresh 3.71 m33, the pandora app just hangs on formatting flash0 and wont do anything, then only way to restore is to flash a nand dump

slayerdiabolus
October 15th, 2007, 12:25
Where can I get the program to do a Nand backup?

tgm123
October 15th, 2007, 12:33
Where can I get the program to do a Nand backup?

most of the pandora magic memory stick softwares have the option to dump the nand by pressing the square button

this is by far the easiest way to do it

i used the universal unbricker to do my dump and restore my dump and it worked perfectly

need further help? check my sig :rolleyes:

monkvash
October 15th, 2007, 12:59
hopefully this can be fixed soon,
i have a question

if i wanted 2 downgrade from 3.71 m33 2 down 2 3.52 m33 4 would it corrupt anyting?
and has anyone found a way 2 fix the wlan in 3.71 m33 2 yet?
i have alot of homebrew apps that use my wireless n it kills me that i cant use them.

penileartery
October 15th, 2007, 13:29
i flashed some stuff on my phat, and i never bricked..that means im safe right? as long as i dont flash it anymore until u guys say its okay. thats what i think. anywho. they might be able to find some way to figure out these "unrecoverable" bricks for those people.

tgm123
October 15th, 2007, 13:34
yes you are fine, i think this only applys to the PSP SLIM

buildit92
October 15th, 2007, 14:20
well this sucks. hopefully dax could fix this but since he quit i dont know..

tgm123
October 15th, 2007, 14:38
we dont really have the need to do anything with the psp slim flash, this wont affect general gaming and emulation, it only really affects xmb customization

The King
October 15th, 2007, 14:46
wat a bummer thank good i havent updated from 3.51 m33

Sonicboy 101
October 15th, 2007, 15:21
I'm glad I came down from it. 3.52 M33-4 forever! :D

Veskgar
October 15th, 2007, 16:06
we dont really have the need to do anything with the psp slim flash, this wont affect general gaming and emulation, it only really affects xmb customization

Exactly my thought. I don't see the point in messing with all that. If I have a working CFW, homebrew, PSP gaming, and emulation, I'm in PSP Nirvana. If I want custom icons, I can use .ptf themes which are not that bad.

However, I must give thanks for those that do take risks and "mess with all that" flash stuff as we would not know the limits or boundaries of the PSP & PSP Slim without people taking those risks.

In closing I must say I foolishly upgraded my PSP Slim WITHOUT making a NAND backup. Is it too late or can I still make a NAND backup while on 3.71 M33-2?

askseb
October 15th, 2007, 16:16
I have fully bricked because of this big 2 times and its dont just 3.71 3.52 as well if u flash from xmb via the xmb menu usb icon it bricks if u use recovery it dosnt and its repairable as long as u have a pandora bat hope this clears some stuff up YOU CAN FIX IT via a nand dump or a upgrade via some thing like hell cat's preboot menu

tgm123
October 15th, 2007, 16:30
I foolishly upgraded my PSP Slim WITHOUT making a NAND backup. Is it too late or can I still make a NAND backup while on 3.71 M33-2?

you can still make a nand dump and when you restore it it will restore the firmware you currently have installed to the flash

so whenver you restored from your dump, you would have 3.71 M33-2 and all your custom settings and network settings would be the same too

still not sure? check my sig :rolleyes:

sappo
October 15th, 2007, 16:33
3.52 M33-4 rules.

3.71 sucks too much, with all these Sony changes.

tgm123
October 15th, 2007, 16:36
yeah but some of us are on the psp slim here with no hope of installing 3.52 m33

stevo11185
October 15th, 2007, 16:50
Reminds me of IPHONE!

Sonicboy 101
October 15th, 2007, 16:56
Wait... can I still use flash on mine? I was once on 3.71 M33 but downgraded back to 3.52 M33. Can I change flash like I used to or not?

tgm123
October 15th, 2007, 17:04
you should be able to but id make a backup of your annd before doing anything

cal360
October 15th, 2007, 17:04
I best not touch my flash on my PSP untill a fix comes out. Thanks for informing us on this as I was going to do something to my flash today, it's lucky I didn't.

Sonicboy 101
October 15th, 2007, 17:07
you should be able to but id make a backup of your annd before doing anything

Ok, but how do I do that?

dmac
October 15th, 2007, 17:08
This seems like scary stuff. When you say flash do you mean upgrading again say to a 3.71 M33-3 if there is one. Can I still downgrade back to 3.52 M33-2. How could I brick my PSP? Is there a danger just using new homebrew etc?

tgm123
October 15th, 2007, 17:14
it depends on if the homebrew does anything with the flash (most dont and emulators certainly dont)

all normal activities are fine, this really only concerns changing files on the flash0 via usb to do custom xmbs

theres no real need to panic over this, this is just to warn you that you can permanatly brick your psp if you try and flash a new gameboot for example

you can dump your psps nand by using the universal unbricker and pressing the square button

Mr. Shizzy
October 15th, 2007, 17:18
HERE IS THE SOLUTION:

http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4579

Sonicboy 101
October 15th, 2007, 17:20
you can dump your psps nand by using the universal unbricker and pressing the square button

How? I haven't used it before so I don't know what to do. :D

cal360
October 15th, 2007, 17:22
HERE IS THE SOLUTION:

http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4579

Thank you now I can do what I was going to do with my flash. I need to access it and change something which won't brick it.

tgm123
October 15th, 2007, 17:37
if you flash this file from the recovery menu and not the xmb, it does work!

i done it on my slim and changed the gameboot with the blood splatter from prince of persia

it does play but the video appears corrrupt

tiosolid
October 15th, 2007, 17:44
Just to let you know, I bricked my PSP trying to flash the LE menu in flash0. The pandora menu still boots, but you cant flash anything in your psp BUT the nand dump. So, if you plan to mess arround with your flash0, do a full nand dump (at pandora's menu) before :)

Cloudhunter
October 15th, 2007, 17:50
[EDIT] It seems to me that Sony is no longer afraid of bricking their customer's PSPs. My guess is that part of the nand protection they already put in the slim's hardware, has been incorporated into the 3.71 firmware, causing all kinds of corruptions whenever a flash write is done. Although it still could be a stupid bug...

Geez, drama causing much? It's a simple bug, not any Sony "protection".

Cloudy

-Xandu-
October 15th, 2007, 17:52
Geez, drama causing much? It's a simple bug, not any Sony "protection".

Cloudy
Yeah I know, I didn't write that article myself though. Got it from MaxConsole :p.

Sonicboy 101
October 15th, 2007, 17:53
Ok straight answer needed... will I brick if I flash say a gameboot, but I downgraded from 3.71 M33 to 1.50 then 3.52 M33? That's my situation right now but I don't want to try it out anyway and possible brick my PSP. I need help.

m_d_uk
October 15th, 2007, 18:24
Ok straight answer needed... will I brick if I flash say a gameboot, but I downgraded from 3.71 M33 to 1.50 then 3.52 M33? That's my situation right now but I don't want to try it out anyway and possible brick my PSP. I need help.

If you're on 3.52 M33, then you're fine as it uses the old usbdevice.prx

Sonicboy 101
October 15th, 2007, 18:28
If you're on 3.52 M33, then you're fine as it uses the old usbdevice.prx

You sure? Thanks a lot man. :thumbup:

Cloudhunter
October 15th, 2007, 18:29
Yeah I know, I didn't write that article myself though. Got it from MaxConsole :p.

Yeah wasn't blaming you, was just commenting on the words of the article :p

Cloudy

uaelegend
October 15th, 2007, 20:30
I bricked my psp fat using pandora and ms I know that I made a mistake when preparing the ms. After the brick the pandora didn't work I prepared the ms again, nothing worked at all. I have a slim psp then what I did. I copied the nand of my slim and dump it on the fat and I got a complete brick ... man I what I have done.... after so many tries nothing is working at all. Its a dead fat psp. Then I got a fat psp from my brother, I backed up his nand and put it in my fat psp using the pandora .... thanks god it came back to life again, but the UMD is not working it says the disk is not supported if i insert a game.

I down graded again to 1.50 the same the UMD is not working, then I put the m33 3.52 ..same thing.
now i put LE 3.40 ... same thing...

any comments

bumfacekilla
October 15th, 2007, 20:35
Right, I used cemetery to restore a nand-dump from 3.60 M in my slim. I tried to run the official Sony 3.71 update and got the error message

"The game could not be started."
"(DADADADA)"

That was the error code DADADADA. Are Sony giving dark_alex his own error code? I mean DA? Seriously.....

Does anybody know a way around this or am I just being dumb and missing something obvious?

Shrygue
October 15th, 2007, 20:40
The custom firmware blocks Sony's official updates from running in the VSH so the error code is Dark_Alex's work.

bumfacekilla
October 15th, 2007, 20:46
The custom firmware blocks Sony's official updates from running in the VSH so the error code is Dark_Alex's work.

Cool, so is my psp slim safe in 3.60 M33? or would I be better off in 3.71 M33-2 or sony official 3.71?

Shrygue
October 15th, 2007, 20:49
I won't know as I don't have a slimline PSP but I like my homebrew so I wouldn't want official Sony firmware installed. Besides, there's a patch for the USB problem available so you might want to try that out. In any case, just be careful when writing anything to the NAND flash memory.

Johnny Rash
October 15th, 2007, 20:51
Right, I used cemetery to restore a nand-dump from 3.60 M in my slim. I tried to run the official Sony 3.71 update and got the error message

"The game could not be started."
"(DADADADA)"

That was the error code DADADADA. Are Sony giving dark_alex his own error code? I mean DA? Seriously.....

Does anybody know a way around this or am I just being dumb and missing something obvious?

I highly doubt it.
Although, it would be hilarious.

Truth is, Sony rarely references Dark_Alex at all.
He should have his own error code.

"Dark_Alex realized what the people wanted before we did and we're ashamed.
But you still can't use his shit because we obviously hate the people who purchase our merchandise.

Thank you." :p

bumfacekilla
October 15th, 2007, 20:53
Ok that's great thanks for your help.

So just incase I should need to, is there any way of installing the official sony firmware whilst in 3.60 M33? I doubt I will as I love homebrew too, but I have a fat psp which I can use for that.

EDIT: When I tried using the "install original 3.71" option in cemetery, I end up getting stuck on a picture of a still wave after the Sony Computer Entertainment message.

paco1984
October 15th, 2007, 21:36
yeah i have a complete brick i made a stupid mistake trying to flas a new theme... aaagh dont say anything i know i should have waited till everything was fixed. damm you 3.71 m33 you handsome devil. oh well i wanted to get the slim anyway.

psp411
October 15th, 2007, 21:56
hopefully this can be fixed soon,
i have a question

if i wanted 2 downgrade from 3.71 m33 2 down 2 3.52 m33 4 would it corrupt anyting?
and has anyone found a way 2 fix the wlan in 3.71 m33 2 yet?
i have alot of homebrew apps that use my wireless n it kills me that i cant use them.

yes it will... just tried it with my crappier mobos and its dead now... gonna try to fix it :D :cool:

dette
October 15th, 2007, 22:06
Yeah i want to know if i go back to 3.52 M33 -4 if i would screw up anything too
and does 3.60 M33 for slim have this problem? because i have a slim too and i might think about going back down to 3.60 M33 if theres a huge risk of full bricking

psp411
October 15th, 2007, 22:38
i fixed mine... i used the pandora battery and went back to 1.5 without a dump... just the original 1.5 downgrade use... it does work :D :cool:
... i thought it wasnt recoverable...

edit... i then used the universal unbricker and went back to 3.71 m33... my psp is fully functioning again :D :cool

dr13
October 15th, 2007, 22:42
Is this problem happening on 3.71 m33 for the phat psp ?

Knups
October 16th, 2007, 01:05
Thanx for the detailed info... I had read about the fix prior to the problem so only had a rough idea what was going on.

psp411
October 16th, 2007, 01:29
I bricked my psp fat using pandora and ms I know that I made a mistake when preparing the ms. After the brick the pandora didn't work I prepared the ms again, nothing worked at all. I have a slim psp then what I did. I copied the nand of my slim and dump it on the fat and I got a complete brick ... man I what I have done.... after so many tries nothing is working at all. Its a dead fat psp. Then I got a fat psp from my brother, I backed up his nand and put it in my fat psp using the pandora .... thanks god it came back to life again, but the UMD is not working it says the disk is not supported if i insert a game.

I down graded again to 1.50 the same the UMD is not working, then I put the m33 3.52 ..same thing.
now i put LE 3.40 ... same thing...

any comments

your idstorage is corrupted... thats the problem when you use a nand dump that isnt from your original psp... i did that in attempts to fix my ta-079mobo and all i could access was recovery menu(3.03 if anyone remembers that 1 lol) from my old ta-082 dump. Im not sure if it can be fixed easily but i know that there is an idstorage cleaner avaliable for download... if i find it, ill link it for you :D :cool:

Heero808
October 16th, 2007, 01:36
I'm guessing that this does not apply to those who are on 3.71m33-2 on a slim and does not mess with the xmb

Am I right?

Saracchini
October 16th, 2007, 02:08
I'm guessing that this does not apply to those who are on 3.71m33-2 on a slim and does not mess with the xmb

Am I right?

Yes. If you dont mess with flash0,flash1,flash2 and 3 using USB connection this problem will not occur.
My PSP (3.71 M33-2) bricked last sunday without reason, i am playing Kensendei in MMSPLus and puts PSP in sleep mode, when i turned it on the PSP reseted ... it was full brick... no recovery, no XMB, nothing !Only power led on and after some secconds it shut off by itself. I restored it with pandora with no problems...
I read in some foruns and this roblem occur randomicaly... but it occurs more often with people which transfer files to flash0 by the VSH menu (Why in the hell people do it ?).

grin.ch
October 16th, 2007, 06:30
You don't need to worry. This just happened to me last night and I unbricked today. (A lot of reading). I have a PSP SLIM 3.71 M33-2 and it was completely bricked w/ no recovery and pandora nor despertar_cemetario v3 wouldn't help me. I finally found a bunch of apps and a file which is a blank nand-dump.bin file, (to repartition flash), eventually merged w/ your idstorage via a batch file. I would use the USB fix if I were you tho. And make a Nand backup now, while you still can in case this happens to you. The process is very tedious. :( And D_A's apps are always trustworthy.

Special thanks to: Cory149, squirrel61 and all the other ppl on ********** and Endless Paradigm who gave their time to try to help me unbrick.

dette
October 16th, 2007, 09:50
lol wow it takes awhile to dump
i just used despertar del cementario v3 with my pandora MS and Bat and it took like atleast 30 seconds if not more which is actually a long time when your nervous about your psp being safe lol
but its good to do a dump i guess just to be safe

now im dumping my Phat
lol hope it goes ok!!
i dont want a brick though so i agree with everyone nand dumping is really really important if you mess with your flash in any way!
and i dont mess with flash but i thought id dump to be safe

QUESTION::::
is the Phat dump supposed to be like 33mb instead of like 67mb like the slim?

dmac
October 16th, 2007, 15:12
If I change a theme in 3.71 m33-2 does that mess with the flash?

Saracchini
October 16th, 2007, 15:21
If I change a theme in 3.71 m33-2 does that mess with the flash?

Any changes in system settings, date, etc.. will change data in flash1. But if you use PTF themes it will be fine because the problem is when you change/copy/delete files in the flash by USB connection.

Maybe a temporary solution is use flash programs (Like Flash Aggent,etc..) to copy files inside the memory stick to flash instead use USB connection.

Anyway i never liked custom XMB an danything which mess with flash0... the main drawback is the use of usefull plugins like pikey and ect...

mike_jmg
October 16th, 2007, 15:42
I think this is no bug, it's one of $ony's attempt to block custom stuff on the psp, I bricked because I was trying to put an unofficial custom theme on 3.71M33, tried recovery, it didn't work, just wrote a bunch of files from 1.50, then replaced everything with a backup, then brick, but the weird thing is that normal pandora worked

But all this sh*t is to make their custom themes the only ones, that's why if you want to have some custom themes (not made by sony), stay on FW 3.52M33-4 at least untill a good game requires higher firmware

By the way, is there a secure way to put custom themes on 3.71M33, maybe cxmb, if so, wich version?

Mr-S
October 16th, 2007, 16:05
ok... that explains my bsod-ing ... well i bricked neway tryna run the 3.52 installer... but pandora'd back to 1.50 now.... its safe and sound. i hope there will be a 3.71-3 now...:D

Sonicboy 101
October 16th, 2007, 16:22
I'm gonna try a gameboot now.. hopefully what you said will be true. Wish me luck :D

jurkevicz
October 16th, 2007, 20:32
I did a Nand-dump of my Slim and I got 2 bad blocks . I'm using 3.71 m33 v2. Now, should I fash the usb fix from DA or should I wait. I have bricked a previous SLIM before and have replaced with the one I have now. I've bricked my PHat PSP on 3.71m33 but the old Padorah (the version that doesn't work on the SLIM) fixed it just fine and I flashed the USB fix with no problems. I'm just curious about the SLIM since it's a lot easier to do the "unrecoverable brick".

Sonicboy 101
October 16th, 2007, 20:41
Oh yeah the gameboot worked! Flashing files is fine for me. :)

Tonx_9
October 16th, 2007, 22:55
nice picture of a brick :P

dette
October 17th, 2007, 01:22
I did a Nand-dump of my Slim and I got 2 bad blocks . I'm using 3.71 m33 v2. Now, should I fash the usb fix from DA or should I wait. I have bricked a previous SLIM before and have replaced with the one I have now. I've bricked my PHat PSP on 3.71m33 but the old Padorah (the version that doesn't work on the SLIM) fixed it just fine and I flashed the USB fix with no problems. I'm just curious about the SLIM since it's a lot easier to do the "unrecoverable brick".

what do you mean 2 bad blocks??
i should probably know this but i dont lol

jurkevicz
October 17th, 2007, 02:40
Do a NAND-dump with a pandora battery. You'll know what I'm talking about. Around the net people are saying that bad blocks occur randomly and don't really know why it happens.

Spanishpeacock
October 17th, 2007, 03:59
Okay, so this only happens when you mess with flash with the USB. But what if you tried to put PSPRadio on a PSP, like I did, and it flashed a file. Does anyone/ do I have a problem to worry about? It would shut down when I tried to fix the WLAN radio, but other than that, it seems okay. I'm really worried about this, so it'd be nice if someone would reply to this one.

dette
October 17th, 2007, 05:44
Do a NAND-dump with a pandora battery. You'll know what I'm talking about. Around the net people are saying that bad blocks occur randomly and don't really know why it happens.

well i used Despertar del cementerio V3
with my pandora's battery to do a nand dump on my slim and phat
and it went no errors or anyhting as for as i saw
so im still now sure what you mean

EDIT:
i think i understand more now... i just researched it (google = very useful) and i understand if theres a bad block using Despertar del cementerio V3 it will write it back when you restore... which could be bad or not matter...
using the original pandora will not do that because it skips them using a logical dump not a physical (like Despertar del cementerio V3) am i right

jurkevicz
October 17th, 2007, 19:50
that's right. That's why I'm curious if I brick my Slim and try to restore with my NAND with2 bad blocks if it will work fine. I don't know if I flash the USB fix from DA will brick it with 2 bad blocks. It works just fine and I don't plan on flashing anything in it, but just a precaution.

dette
October 17th, 2007, 19:56
Yeah same here
i dont want to flash anything
except like an MP3 player but im not going to because i dont want a brick on my slim
and yeah i dont know if i have bad blocks or not because idk does it tell you?
iv only done a nand dump twice... once on my slim and once on my phat

Dorian
October 23rd, 2007, 04:18
Reading and reading,still nothing.
Would someone kindly run me through unbricking a psp via cemv3?Ive got a bricked nand-dump,and a different psp working nand dump.,Ive got 4 bad blocks in the bricked psp.Could someone run me through,step by step?

jurkevicz
October 23rd, 2007, 21:51
Is your bricked PSP Phat or Slim? If it's the Phat u can unbricke it with the old Pandora without the Nand-Dump. If it's the SLIM then u're screwd, since it's a lot harder to unbrick and a bad Nand-Dump won't do you any good.

Dorian
October 23rd, 2007, 23:26
Ok,I just configed my MS to have both Pandora w/ 3.52M33,and CemV3 with 3.71M33 installers,and all I can do is boot to 1.50 from the MS,all installers fail, all hang at formating flash1 or something called lflash.
its a Phat,and I have a Phat working one,3.71M33.

edit: Got it fixed.Hell If I know how,I bombarded it with every friggin installer I could find atleast twice over and formatted flash1 a billion times,and actually used the flash0 access from pandora to manually copy over a 352m33 f0 onto it (xmb no worky,but recovery did!) and eventually got it to 352.4m33

Knutselmaaster
October 28th, 2007, 01:11
So is the Dark Alex usb fix i flashed (nervously) to my 3.71 m33-2 psp phat the solution? Can I flash gameboots, wallpapers etc now, without causing bad blocks? Because after the beta fix it has become awfully silent. And why do other sites don't talk about this issue? Is it save to use things like xmb colorer and theme plus nx v3.01?

jurkevicz
October 28th, 2007, 15:27
I think so, I also flashed the USB fix on my PHAT with no problems, and dumped the NAND with no erros. I'm still a little nervous about flashing the USB fix on my SLIM because it is easyer to get unrecoverable bricks on it.

4everAnoob
November 2nd, 2007, 18:20
sorry for the n00b question :D, but does this 'bug' only effect USB flash writing, or does it also happen when flashing something through Filer for example?

Ratatella
November 7th, 2007, 21:15
I had my PSP slim for only one day and managed to install CFW 3.71 M33-2 and brick it fully in one night... :-(.
So that sucks really bad.

Flashing new FW or CFW with pandora gets stuck at flashing flash0. and can't reach recovery.
( I don't have a properly nand-dump).

If there is anyone with news on how to unbrick this kind of brick PLEASE let me know.

( PS: I read something about merging a blank nand with your own nand and then restore your idstorage,.. but there wasn't a clear methode discriped. If anyone knows more about this methode,.. I'm realy interested).

I hope my one day young psp slim will get a life one day again.

[FINAL EDIT]

I found my awnsers @ M4xC0ns0leForum

with a combo of pandora, Despertar del Cementerio V3, elfmenu and nandtool it is possible 2:

- backup and restore nand and IDstorage
- also u can repartition ur nand

so infact what I did is:

- installed elfmenu on my DC v3 ms
- installed nandtool 0.2 in the elf folder (on the DC v3 ms)
- I made a backup of my nand with nandtool 0.2
- repartitioned my nand with nandtool 0.2
- installed CFW with DC v3
- restored my IDstorage with nandtool 0.2

Ratatella.
[ownz FAT PSP @ CFW 3.71 M33-2 and a fully UNbricked slim] :)

jurkevicz
November 8th, 2007, 02:26
What we need is a DC V4 with all pre-installed, it would make our lives easier. I've bricked my first slim too and it was a pain in the @ss to fix it. Nothing like the PHAT PsP.

yankorg364
November 8th, 2007, 07:35
i got a very very big trouble coz i can't downgrade/upgrade my PSP. The main problem is my PSP won't read any MS even the pandora stick!!!...ON normal (XMB)mood, the led just flashing and on downgrade session the red & green led wont flash...!!! PLZ help me...

Ratatella
November 8th, 2007, 14:23
DAX just released 3.71 M33-3

the CFW changes:

- Fixed a bug in access to flash by usb.

- HEN core: kernel prx's with syscall exports work again.

- PSP Slim: programmers can set the size of user memory to 52 MB by using a sfo flag.
Check sample in sdk for usage.

- March33 NO-UMD driver:
* Fixed a bug that could hang the psp when exiting with home.
* Fixed compatibility issue with Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, and maybe more games.

- Vshmenu: it wasn't displaying properly with psp slim TV-OUT due to the change of resolution.
Fixed.

Grtz Ratatella

Lwiggy
December 23rd, 2007, 10:39
what the hell i posted this stupid xandu!! **** YOU AND yOU CAN ****ING BAN ME BECAUSE THIS SITE IS SHIT xandu either copied this of projectpsp PSPLW or here PrIC

Knutselmaaster
December 23rd, 2007, 10:54
what the hell i posted this stupid xandu!! **** YOU AND yOU CAN ****ING BAN ME BECAUSE THIS SITE IS SHIT xandu either copied this of projectpsp PSPLW or here PrIC

Please, moderator, do as he askes.

Lwiggy
January 4th, 2008, 12:28
THIS WAS POSTED IN PROJECT PSP BY ME LWIGGY,,, PROOF: http://projectpsp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=591

LOOK AT TOP OF THE AVATAR AND SEE WHEN IT WAS POSTED 4 DAYS BEFORE THIS ONE YOU GAY **** FCUK YOU NOOB THIS SITE = SH1T hahahahahahahaha