PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Dark Zero 2 - Microsoft's next big gun?

Shrygue
October 15th, 2007, 18:40
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=173721)

A third console instalment in Rare's Perfect Dark franchise will be revealed sometime next year, claims a report on Indian games site GameGuru.

The sight, claiming sources within Rare, says the British developer is hard at work on a sequel to the original N64 shooter (rather than another PDZ-style prequel) and it'll have something to show of the game by the end of next year.

According to Guru, story will feature a lot heavier this time around, with a Darker, gritter Joanna Dark. "The entire game has tints of grey surrounding all the characters," it says.

Interestingly, a new morality system is also claimed, with different story branches and endings depending on your in-game actions.

With the 360 launch game's decent sales - and space left to fill now that Halo's done and dusted - we're totally expecting a new Perfect Dark to roll around eventually. This time though, we're hoping it's not as disappointing as Zero - Microsoft; let Rare get on with it.

JKKDARK
October 15th, 2007, 18:48
wow a new sequel :) They should also remake the Nintendo 64 version on Xbox 360 :=

AngelicLiver
October 15th, 2007, 19:47
So long as it is nothing like Perfect Dark Zero. The original Perfect Dark was a classic amongst my friends and I. When PDZ hit our anticipation was at fever pitch... only to find out it sucked utter balls. I hated it, my friends hated it and we all felt that Rare had taken a game we loved, ripped the soul out of it and took everything that made the N64 classic fun and replaced it with shallow visuals, an awful single player campaign and yawn worthy multiplayer.

I would like nothing more then for Rare to redeem themselves but I can't see it, they'll likely make another hastily bodged together piece of bump mapped trash. Also, Joanna Dark had a F*CKING BRITISH ACCENT, why was it necessary to change it? A sequel better have some continuity.

Elven6
October 15th, 2007, 22:15
PDZ was a good game, it sold well too, I think them removing the face mapping really ruined the game.

A sequel would be awesome, I hope the graphics are nothing like the original, they were good at the time but compared to newer games its not that great.

Shadowblind
October 16th, 2007, 01:47
Bleh, I hated PDZ. It ruined the original to me. If they make it like the original, however....

Cap'n 1time
October 16th, 2007, 07:06
I dont see them making anything like the original again. I think we'll just have to wait for a new time splitters game. bummer.

Shadowblind
October 16th, 2007, 12:29
I dont see them making anything like the original again. I think we'll just have to wait for a new time splitters game. bummer.

Which is good because TS4 has FINALLY BEEN ANNOUNCED!!! :D

No really, I've been waiting for TS4 since the second I beat Future perfect.

They tried too hard in PDZ to make it "stealthy". It really only made it much worse.

Cap'n 1time
October 16th, 2007, 14:55
Which is good because TS4 has FINALLY BEEN ANNOUNCED!!! :D

No really, I've been waiting for TS4 since the second I beat Future perfect.

They tried too hard in PDZ to make it "stealthy". It really only made it much worse.

I hadnt heard ts4 was announced! It's amazing how they can stick to the classic golden eye / perfect dark formula and still make it work years later.