PDA

View Full Version : USB fix for 3.71 M33-2

Cloudhunter
October 15th, 2007, 19:05
source (http://tinyurl.com/3c3u4t)

Dark_AleX has released a BETA USB flash fix for 3.71 M33-2.

Here's what jas0nuk said at the release.

Dark_AleX has sent me this file for you guys to test, which he says should fix the flash0 over USB nand corruption issues.

The problem:
Sony's lflash driver cannot retrieve the last sector. DAX fixed this by using internal functions of the lflash to do it directly, but it appears this may be glitchy at random intervals (though he managed to restore an entire flash0 dump before releasing M33-2 and had no problems).
This was introduced in M33-2, rather than the original code. The fix for M33-2 was a separate ioctl handling issue.

The fix:
Overwrite flash0:/kd/usbdevice.prx with the attached file.
It uses the old flash0 over USB code, with the small-file corruption issue from 3.71 M33-1 fixed.

Obviously you'll have to use flash0 over usb to actually copy this file, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A WORKING NAND DUMP BEFORE YOU DO, as you may corrupt the partition records when copying it. (Unlikely but possible).

He is releasing the source to this file very shortly.

And true to his word, he indeed released the source. Here's what Dark_AleX said.

This is the source of the last usbdevice.prx, in case anyone is interested.

Let's hope this one has not the bug.

Personally, I recommend installing this right away - especially if you use custom themes alot.

Download and give feedback via comments.

DarthPaul
October 15th, 2007, 21:21
Yay! Thanks Cloudy, I was starting to worry about this problem.

Sonicboy 101
October 15th, 2007, 21:28
This is great for those custom xmb people.

Squidman
October 15th, 2007, 21:41
so this fixes the issue caused in this thread:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=76846

? so i should make a nand dump? if so....could you tell me the easiest way to do so, that doesn't bother my battery or just uses the mem-stick....if that's possible

buildit92
October 15th, 2007, 23:25
this is good. i was saying that he might not fix this, but i guess he still does care about the scene.

blaz3d
October 15th, 2007, 23:59
source (http://tinyurl.com/3c3u4t)

The fix:
Overwrite flash0:/kd/usbdevice.prx with the attached file.
It uses the old flash0 over USB code, with the small-file corruption issue from 3.71 M33-1 fixed.

Obviously you'll have to use flash0 over usb to actually copy this file....

thats not true at all. anyone whos had a psp for a while would be able to use pspfiler or somthing to the same accord. what i will be using is generic flasher, because its easy to use and can be launched from recovery if you mess up.

peace

aminkr
October 16th, 2007, 08:11
can someone help me,

there is no kd folder in my flash0 :(??

i wanna try to create a new one but afraid it will make my psp a brick , a beautiful brick :P

EDIT:

just wanna make things clearer

in my flash0, i hv a folder called "km" and inside there is a lot of file,some of them is 'usb' , 'usbstor' . 'usbstorboot' but no 'usbdevice'

does this hv to do with other thing?

BelmontSlayer
October 16th, 2007, 10:06
there is no kd folder in my flash0

Make sure you have windows set to show hidden files and folders.

alioh7
October 16th, 2007, 12:28
ok i have a 3.71-2 m33 fat psp and got afew questions.

1-if i dont replace the old usb file will it affect furture upgrading to another firmware?

2-anyone tested if it worked yet?

help would be appreciated! :)

Sonicboy 101
October 16th, 2007, 18:10
I don't think it will effect the upgrading bit, but it effects when RCO's or other files like that are flashed. You should only really use it if you are going to customize the XMB.
EDIT: 1,000th post! :D

Maxy239
October 18th, 2007, 21:56
Look, i didn't think i was a noob.......... until now. What i don't get is how are you supposed to copy this to flash to fix the usb cable when your usb cable needs fixing! i mean i can't flash this update to flash0 when my usb cable isn't working. plz help i rlly need this quickly. I hope someone else had this problem so i don't look stupid. This is my first message ever, that's why it's so long.

Johnny Rash
October 19th, 2007, 12:15
Looks like I have nothing to worry about if I get a Slim.
Phew! :D

SpooForBrains
October 30th, 2007, 18:21
This thread should be on the front page, not buried three pages down. Took me a while to find this.

Shrygue
October 30th, 2007, 18:56
It was put up on the front page - just over 2 weeks ago.

Flaco_Guey
October 30th, 2007, 20:09
I cant Seem to find the kd folder and i have on the option to show hidden folders and files sho what should i do