PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Pikey .4 by the UPK team

Cleanser23
October 15th, 2007, 20:48
Ok here is the deal. Fanjita has given permission to my friend and I, Angelo, along with Omar, Hells Plumber and of course our main coder Joseph permission to create a new more stable pikey. This pikey is designed to do many new things but here is the copy paste from the noobz forums.

Hey guys...

With Fanjita's permission, I’ve teamed up with a group of people to start a new project. It's gonna be called 'Unofficial piKey 0.4!'

Now don't get too excited as it'll only be bug fixes from version 0.3.

We've done the following so far:

- Fixed the 'x' button issue, not 'x' shows as the correct one, not the multiplication one.

- Added new, improved and cleaner keymaps (added Targus and Palm) and have created our own custom Targus CTRLMap.txt

- Found and created a small portal for the release. (Existing PSP Windows Portal and a created EBuddy one)

- Made the installer better and cleaner.

- Added 100% working Targus, Palm and Hama maps! (Hama driver I believe is still abit funny Undecided)

- Made a Targus expansion pack with a working Keymap and user friendly CTRLMap.

What we are working on:

- Add key repeats for the Targus keyboard so you can hold down a key and it'll autotype instead of tapping it many times. (almost done.. pointless agreeing to sign up for this job)

- Add a function so you don't have to press the 'select' key to have to correct character input. This will make the realese perfect. Check out this post please: http://forums.noobz.eu/pi...fficial-pikey-0-4-vote/0/**

- Add a function so a message is displayed when CAPS/Num/Scroll is on. (almost done.. pointless agreeing to sign up for this job)

- Finally... make it compatible with 3.71 M33 **

** We currently need help for these jobs. I can assure you tha they are simple tasks that only require a good knowlege of C and to be set up in a dev environment!

We currently DO NOT require any beta testers!

Feel free email me with:

-Keymaps
-Fixed bugs
-CTRLMaps (If you wish)
-Ideas (Not too extravagant)

Any help is appreciated

Anyone who helps will get extra piKey stuff!!!

PLEASE POST ANYTHING ON HOW TO MAKE piKey 0.4 BETTER!!!.

If anyone is interested, please contact me at:

[email protected]

Thanks

Angelo (Behind he scenes work)
Hells Plumber
Joseph (Main C coder... WE NEED MORE!!! It's too much for one guy to do on his own!)

Ok Angelo says we dont need any more help but thanks anyway :)

Cleanser23
October 17th, 2007, 01:45
come on someone talk here this thread needs to be kept alive its important and the birth of one of a soon important team.

at least say wow or cool or somthing

Cloudhunter
October 17th, 2007, 06:25
This sounds really good :) I'll bookmark this, and check it up tomorrow. I love pikey!

Please post the noobz forum source?

Cloudy

Muhie
October 17th, 2007, 12:00
I love the sentence : "With Fanjita's permission"...

slayer3d
October 19th, 2007, 21:45
"wow or cool or somthing" ;)

I use pikey and have upgraded to 3.71-m33-2, and fully support your endeavours to make it compatible. If and when you do need beta testers, let me know. I have the standard Targus IR keyboard and a phat PSP.

Cleanser23
October 19th, 2007, 23:53
sorry but we do not require any more testers or coders and were probobly looking at a december release. Thats only a month and a half, well then christmas countdown :)