PDA

View Full Version : DDR for PSP :)

3elevenX
July 11th, 2005, 00:21
Now that would be sweet if someone made a DDR Emulator for the PSP, I use the emulator for my PC all the time. Wish I knew wtf I was doing because I would try to make one.

DDR = Dance Dance Revolution for those who dont know.

Then again maybe one day the MAME version will work now that I think about it.

CannedSoup
July 12th, 2005, 03:18
Stepmania is barely runs good ona a 1ghz machine. Its not possable to port to psp. It doesnt run fullspeed on xbox either. Plus DDR sucks without a pad. It would be better spent porting a real bemani game like IIDX or Pop'n Music.

djarcas
July 12th, 2005, 10:44
Hrm, Stepmania runs on a far lower spec than 1 ghz. I've been toying with the idea of porting stepmania, but not gotten around to it. It would be entirely possible to write a Stepmania 'lite' that ran on a bloody 386. I guess you've never played DDR on a PS2 pad, or experienced the joy of 10 foot songs on the keyboard.

CannedSoup
July 12th, 2005, 12:20
Dude DDR isnt challegening with hands. Hence why I suggested 2 games that are music games that are supposed to be played with your hands.

3elevenX
July 12th, 2005, 15:32
Meh, I dont care about a challenge, though playing with your fingers on a keyboard on the right song IS a challenge. I just thought it would be cool to play, and *gasp* FUN! :D

Cross
July 12th, 2005, 16:38
I always felt like a kid with disabilities (Nothing bad ment by that to anyone who is) trying to play the dance game... I just have no skills at it I guess, lol. I think it would be fun either way but I just never could do it, even with the dance matts at home... I was just horrible.

xuphorz
July 12th, 2005, 16:40
I always felt like a kid with disabilities (Nothing bad ment by that to anyone who is) trying to play the dance game... I just have no skills at it I guess, lol. I think it would be fun either way but I just never could do it, even with the dance matts at home... I was just horrible.

it's pretty easy after you've played it for 4 years :rolleyes:

Cross
July 12th, 2005, 16:41
lol K its been 4 yrs since I tried....maybe I think.. I tried maybe 3 yrs ago.. Think that will count in my favor lol :p

djrobx
July 12th, 2005, 17:01
Portable DDR? What are we supposed to do, put the PSP on the floor and jump on it?

xuphorz
July 12th, 2005, 17:03
Portable DDR? What are we supposed to do, put the PSP on the floor and jump on it?

sounds fun :D

if one does come out, it'd probly use the mini type-b port to plug in a hand-held version of the dancemat

VFerg
July 12th, 2005, 18:04
seriously a ddr game doesnt sound like the way to go, try a parapa the rapper game now that would make more sense since all you would need is the d-pad, but hey thats just me and that in my opinion was a ton better then any ddr thingy.

xuphorz
July 12th, 2005, 18:21
seriously a ddr game doesnt sound like the way to go, try a parapa the rapper game now that would make more sense since all you would need is the d-pad, but hey thats just me and that in my opinion was a ton better then any ddr thingy.

never played papara rapper

VFerg
July 12th, 2005, 22:16
really is the same concept as ddr just instead of feet you just use buttons to hit at the correct time to the song, really catchy songs I might add! I think it was the start of this genre in general but not sure, but it was for ps1 so guess that wont be being seen for psp anytime soon, if sony was smart theyd release this as a stand alone game for psp in my opinion!

ArchAngel
July 13th, 2005, 03:13
go to www.flashflashrevolution.com and tell me that keyboard as a step-pad isnt challenging. Also, maybe they are into homebrew emulation ;)

krowstrife
July 13th, 2005, 05:51
you know it would be cool if you had a wireless pad so you could dance while looking into the psp, but that aint portable, but it would be cool

djrobx
July 14th, 2005, 07:34
go to www.flashflashrevolution.com and tell me that keyboard as a step-pad isnt challengingSure playing it with a keyboard/gamepad is challenging, but imho it's boring as all get-out. Playng on a "keyboard" would make more sense with a MIDI keyboard and a real song, would be a good way to learn how to play the piano.

-- Rob

ralphwiggum1
July 15th, 2005, 04:31
there's a game called keyboard mania or something that does just that...also part of the bemani series

Jow
August 8th, 2005, 01:46
http://gprime.net/video.php/quasar

Now tell me it's easy. :) Yes ... playing songs designed for your feet on your hands is going to be stupidly boring, get some decent songs and it pwns so much. The guy who said he was looking at porting a Stepmania "lite", please, please, PLEASE, do. I will love you long time <3.