PDA

View Full Version : Follow Up to Previous Problem

michael_dack_2005
October 16th, 2007, 16:32
I had a problem with my PSP, it wasn't running Homebrew or updating the firmware. That seemed to work for a little while but then all of a sudden it stopped working again.

I work at a PC shop and i asked around there, what could be the problem. They said it would either be a power problem or a loose connection. I tried booting homebrew with the power cable in and it still didn't work, so my conclusion was that it must be a loose connection on the motherboard. I have had my PSP ever since it was released in the UK (september 1st) so my guaranty has run out.

Only thing now is that i tightened one of the screws up too much and now the Screen is cracked all the way along, and it doesn't even boot up now.

My question is this: will Sony still send my a refurbished unit for £65 if i have taken off the sticker?

Many Thanks.

The EX
October 16th, 2007, 18:24
I doubt it, as you have broken the warranty agreement.

sourced
October 17th, 2007, 09:15
you've taken out the sticker? sorry mate.. hate to say it but you're screwed.

although..you could invest in buying a new psp. prices are dropping..and ever since the slim psp came along, the fat psp got cheaper, so.. maybe you can invest in buying a new fat psp? or save up a little more to get a new slim psp.

my advice: if you really cant get sony to replace it/if you cant get your psp fixed; sell your psp for parts, you'll make money that way.