PDA

View Full Version : [RELEASE] LightMP3 1.6.0 BETA 1

sakya
October 16th, 2007, 18:44
Hi! :)

I'm here to release LightMP3 version 1.6.0 BETA.
Why beta?
Because I tested this version only a little, and there are some issues still to solve (like the problem with the USB connection)...
Now the app is compiled for kernel 3.xx (doesen't work under 3.71, next version will) and you have to install it in the directory PSP/GAME3xx

Here's the changelog:
-Added: LightMP3 is now a 3.xx application (install it in PSP/GAME3XX directory)
-Added: support to OGG Vorbis file (with streaming, so no filesize-related problems)
OGG Vorbis has fast forward and rewind
Note: the equalizer won't work with OGG Vorbis file.
OGG Vorbis works fine with CPU @ 50Mhz
-Added: Now supports 8khz, 11khz, 12khz, 16khz, 22khz, 24khz, 32khz, 44khz, 48khz (both MP3 and OGG Vorbis)
(many thanks to crazyc!)
-Added: "Repeat track" mode (old "Repeat" becomes "Repeat all")
-Fixed: volume up and down with remote controller didn't update volume bar.
-Fixed: display brightness is restored when you quit.

You can download it here: http://sakya.altervista.org/new/index.php?mod=none_lightmp3

The USB connection problem
I'm experiencing problems loading some prx from flash0 (if someone has some hint about this please tell me). ;)
To bypass this problem you have to manually copy two prx from your flash0 to the LightMP3's directory.

The prx are:
flash0:/kd/usbstorms.prx
flash0:/kd/usbstorboot.prx

If you don't use USB connection in LightMP3 you can skip this passage (USB connection won't work)

Comments, suggestion and bugreport are welcome. ;)

Many thanks to:
cracyz for the pspaudiolib patch
John_K & adresd (PSPMediaCenter)
ps2dev.org

Ciaooo
Sakya

DarthPaul
October 16th, 2007, 20:10
Yes! LightMP3 is awesome. Gotta download, thanks Sakya.

sammiesosa#1
October 16th, 2007, 20:41
Thanks LiteMP3 is the greatest.

Safari Al
October 16th, 2007, 20:45
always glad to see great projects updated :) nice job

sammiesosa#1
October 16th, 2007, 21:04

I'm here to release LightMP3 version 1.6.0 BETA.
Why beta?
Because I tested this version only a little, and there are some issues still to solve (like the problem with the USB connection)...
Now the app is compiled for kernel 3.xx (doesen't work under 3.71, next version will) and you have to install it in the directory PSP/GAME3xx

Here's the changelog:
-Added: LightMP3 is now a 3.xx application (install it in PSP/GAME3XX directory)
-Added: support to OGG Vorbis file (with streaming, so no filesize-related problems)
OGG Vorbis has fast forward and rewind
Note: the equalizer won't work with OGG Vorbis file.
OGG Vorbis works fine with CPU @ 50Mhz
-Added: Now supports 8khz, 11khz, 12khz, 16khz, 22khz, 24khz, 32khz, 44khz, 48khz (both MP3 and OGG Vorbis)
(many thanks to crazyc!)
-Added: "Repeat track" mode (old "Repeat" becomes "Repeat all")
-Fixed: volume up and down with remote controller didn't update volume bar.
-Fixed: display brightness is restored when you quit.

You can download it here: http://sakya.altervista.org/new/index.php?mod=none_lightmp3

The USB connection problem
I'm experiencing problems loading some prx from flash0 (if someone has some hint about this please tell me). ;)
To bypass this problem you have to manually copy two prx from your flash0 to the LightMP3's directory.

The prx are:

If you don't use USB connection in LightMP3 you can skip this passage (USB connection won't work)

Comments, suggestion and bugreport are welcome. ;)

Many thanks to:
cracyz for the pspaudiolib patch
John_K & adresd (PSPMediaCenter)
ps2dev.org

Ciaooo
Sakya

The prx are:

kn not kd

Auriman1
October 16th, 2007, 22:11
The addition of .ogg support just sold me on this already excellent application :D

hack.fool
October 16th, 2007, 22:43
this application is going better and better
thanks Sakya your work is awesome

maybe the next one's the final one (n_n)

going to try it out
Ciaoo

kryst abegnalie
October 17th, 2007, 03:32
Wow, another update!! I will wait for the official release!! nice sakya!!! Good job! Im really enjoying your app!!

b8a
October 17th, 2007, 10:07
Grazie Sakya!

I'll give this version a chance later on, but for the time being there's one HUGE problem that I have with 1.5.0. That is: the m3u playlists (all playlists?) play a maximum of the first 400 tracks, regardless of how many tracks are actually listed in the playlist (this is confirmed by checking the display where it says "File Number: ###:400"). I have a 4GB Memory Stick with close to 1000 tracks on it, and all of those tracks listedin a m3u. Unfortunately this 400 track ceiling means that close to 600 tracks never play! (!_!)

Also, my ID3 tag data never displays...

I don't know if you're looking for feature requests, but if you're open to suggestions then here's a few things I'd love to have implemented:
-preset volume(s): I don't know if it's possible to programatically change the PSP's main volume (ie, not just boosting it), but if it is, then I'd love for LightMP3 to remember my volume setting when it shuts down, automatically restoring when it launches. I keep on forgetting to turn the volume down when I unhook it from my stereo, return to the XMB and end up blowing my ears out when I launch a UMD!
-sleep/alarm: A feature to either turn the PSP off after a certain amount of time, or just to turn the clock down to 1mhz and stop playing music until a certain time (alarm) would be much appreciated!
-UTF-8 support: I realize that it would be a pain to support UTF-8 character display, but at the very least it would be nice if LightMP3 could handle UTF-8 internally, such as in playlists.

I've been using this app all of the time lately it's incredibly handy, so, much thanks!

sakya
October 18th, 2007, 20:50

Prego! ;)

I'll give this version a chance
I've been using this app all of the time lately it's incredibly handy, so, much thanks!
I thought 400 tracks would be enough for everyone...I was wrong. I'll fix this.

I'm always open to suggestion. :)
The volume preset is done, as for other suggestion I'll see if I have time to add this features (you're not the first to ask for a sleep function). ;)

Ciaooo
Sakya

SnoopKatt
November 20th, 2007, 07:51
Thanks for making this player, I really appreciate it :)
But I can't get this version to work at all. It just starts up with "Error 7: USB" and then I can't use it at all. I'm able to quit with the Home button on the PSP, but that's it. I'm not able to play music. I also tried copying those prx's from my flash0 and that didn't fix it. I've reinstalled it a few times and it's still the same thing. I would really like to get this working because this is the only homebrew MP3 player that supports folders in folders. Would anyone be able to help me please?
Thanks a ton :)