PDA

View Full Version : God of War Chains of Olympus Demo is out

mike_jmg
October 18th, 2007, 20:36
People who live in the US, are receiving their special edition God of War Chains of Olympus UMD Demo

So if you live in the US and haven't gotten it yet, better check your mailbox

The demo starts where the trailer starts, battle of Attica, you destroy a ship, then you fight the lizard-like creature, and finally a persian warrior.

Once the persian warrior is defeated, you steal his Efreet's magic (you know the fire monster that has been on final fantasy since I don't know wich one)

That's pretty much it, but it's great, everything you would expect from a GOW game, stunning graphics, extraordinary battle mechanics and lots lots of blood.

ICE
October 18th, 2007, 20:38
Still waiting..

DarthPaul
October 18th, 2007, 21:02
Oh really? I didn't know.. (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77094) :p

But mike, you should really put that under a Spoiler box. I'm lucky to received it and beat it already, but if not, I would be so mad right now, and I know that there are more people like me. And those like me, that read that and haven't played it yet will be mad..

brunobelo
October 18th, 2007, 22:01
I played this demo yesterday. And I must say: OMFG! The demo is really great, I can't believe that my eyes saw something so beautiful on the PSP! And the playability is great! It's worth every dollar I'll spend on buying it! Really impressive!

LAMPRO
October 18th, 2007, 22:04
this is perhaps the BEST game out for psp ever/ the demo is jus a smidgen of what will come- then this will be a 10 on all the sites, and a 10 at retail and a 10 in my list of best of. this one will be on the ms for a while.

yesssssssss

Napalm-Death
October 18th, 2007, 22:47
Er.. how do I get demos in the mail?!

The King
October 18th, 2007, 23:56
Er.. how do I get demos in the mail?!
yea how?

and im still waiting

BlacknBlue13
October 19th, 2007, 00:10
yea how?

and im still waiting

You had to sign up for it like 6 months ago on the official website, so don't expect one if you didn't.:(

But I know I just got mine and it's awesome.:thumbup:

jinqui242
October 19th, 2007, 01:45
I signed up as soon as they put it up and I haven't received it. I know other people in NY have gotten it. Hopefully it will come this weekend. I've already procured the digital version anyway, but I'd like to get the disc.

Apoklepz
October 19th, 2007, 01:53
My brother in Puerto Rico received his today, and to think I was the one who told him to subscribe to PSUnderground so he could get free stuff like me....lol

Thanks to my brother's UMD dumping abbilities I've been able to play it even before I get my own copy. (don't ask me if I could send it your way...I am not your brother, ok? )
It's good solid gameplay and the graphics are really awesome....but the demo is really short.

It has a 3.52 update on it, but thankfully it worked on my 3.40 OE

Good stuff

Napalm-Death
October 19th, 2007, 01:59
You had to sign up for it like 6 months ago on the official website, so don't expect one if you didn't.:(

But I know I just got mine and it's awesome.:thumbup:

Thanks.:rofl:

Apoklepz
October 19th, 2007, 02:36
Even if you never signed up, I urge everybody to.
Hey, it's free stuff...and best of all, it shows up on your mailbox unexpectedly....Sometimes if you're lucky enough you'll get emails requesting your participation in beta testing games before they even come out.

So far since I bought a PSP I've received five demo UMDs and was able to participate beta testing Killswitch...but I've been registered to PSUnderground since back in the days When Metal Slug X was a new import tilte for the old PS1.

DPyro
October 19th, 2007, 03:33
I'm gonna download the demo.

Shadow_Mourner
October 19th, 2007, 03:47
I'm gonna download the demo.

So did I :rofl:

DeleterX
October 19th, 2007, 07:57
XD hey guys remember the place where the Lizzard atack u and u cant get in? the place at the end when u must shot with the lizard and ends the demo there? well i managed to pass but the game frezzes and ur in a place with a box and a switch but the switch dont work and uf u place the box to jump on it the game frezes and the psp shut down XD. here's the screen shot.
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8869/mov00169ry2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Milleniumas
October 19th, 2007, 09:17
excelent demo

SpacemanSpiff
October 19th, 2007, 12:46
XD hey guys remember the place where the Lizzard atack u and u cant get in? the place at the end when u must shot with the lizard and ends the demo there? well i managed to pass but the game frezzes and ur in a place with a box and a switch but the switch dont work and uf u place the box to jump on it the game frezes and the psp shut down XD. here's the screen shot.

Cool, I was wondering if it was possible to get past that door without shooting that thing.

Lodis
October 19th, 2007, 14:12
I was expecting this game to be another lost potential title that had been messed up with poor camera angles, shallow game play mechanics and mediocre graphics. Being the optimist that I am I was pleasantly surprised, the graphics are the best I have ever seen on a Psp, the music is atmospheric, the game play is smooth and I think it will be one of the best games released on the Psp ever. I just got squashed by a giant monster and it is your fault because I was writing this:rolleyes:

paladinja
October 19th, 2007, 17:42

Good stuff

Thanks Apoklepz for answering my question before i ask it! Hopefully mine will come today, anyone else in NYC not get theirs yet?

paladinja
October 19th, 2007, 17:55
ps: I thought for sure they'd use this as a "Force everyone to go to the newest firmware" vehicle. Guess I'm just more manipulatively minded than they are, thankfully.

ICE
October 19th, 2007, 18:49
Holy crap people of you havent played this demo go download it right now.

Sonicboy 101
October 19th, 2007, 19:01
I had to download it, because I live in the UK. But, I have played it and I have to say this is a fantastic demo.

ICE
October 19th, 2007, 19:31
Its WAY too short but man is it sweet while it lasts.

Jonesyxxiv
October 19th, 2007, 21:26
Mine didnt arive yet, but I did download it. I would have to say that it is just as good as the PS2 God of Wars. (as far as I can tell so far)

NeoXCS
October 20th, 2007, 01:15
I hope I get mine! :( I downloaded it to play it last night (didn't play till today though) and it is really something else. I would recommend at least downloading the demo if you aren't getting a copy. This looks like it will be amazing when done! :D

Blizz407
October 20th, 2007, 08:06
Im still currently waiting to get mines. I have heard the graphics are extrodinary. But cant tell till i try right. Cant wait.

mike_jmg
October 20th, 2007, 22:32
Oh really? I didn't know.. (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77094) :p

But mike, you should really put that under a Spoiler box. I'm lucky to received it and beat it already, but if not, I would be so mad right now, and I know that there are more people like me. And those like me, that read that and haven't played it yet will be mad..

Lol sorry
but the trailers had burned it out already

mike_jmg
October 20th, 2007, 22:38
My brother in Puerto Rico received his today, and to think I was the one who told him to subscribe to PSUnderground so he could get free stuff like me....lol

Thanks to my brother's UMD dumping abbilities I've been able to play it even before I get my own copy. (don't ask me if I could send it your way...I am not your brother, ok? )
It's good solid gameplay and the graphics are really awesome....but the demo is really short.

Good stuff

WTF? Puerto Rico?:eek: , I thought this was only for the US, I live in Mexico but I signed up anyway, so maybe there is a small chance that I can have mine too, hell yeah:D I hope:)

I've been playing a friend's dump too :p

one winged angel
October 20th, 2007, 23:38
just wondering how can you unlock the the treasures

DPyro
October 20th, 2007, 23:49
WTF? Puerto Rico?:eek: , I thought this was only for the US, I live in Mexico but I signed up anyway, so maybe there is a small chance that I can have mine too, hell yeah:D I hope:)

I've been playing a friend's dump too :p

You really should wash your hands after playing with crap, its not very sanitary.

shadig420
October 21st, 2007, 00:45
i got mine today and it is ill, u still get a mini boss , boss, and then some... too bad the rest is locked ...

Apoklepz
October 22nd, 2007, 00:21

How'd you even get there in the first place? The beast keeps firing at you like mad and won't let me in....I thought I almost had it at one point cause the view switched for a split second....Did you just tap O like a madman or what?

parkermauney
October 22nd, 2007, 03:43
THIS DEMO IS MADE OF GOD AND WIN.

Seriously, this rocks.
I can't wait until the game.

wookiex
October 22nd, 2007, 05:33
id also like to know how you made it into that room, despite my best efforts, mr. basilisk keeps knocking me back :( also, has anyone been able to unlock the treasures? I have No idea what to do

Apoklepz
October 22nd, 2007, 16:20
I managed to do it!
Here's how to get into the secret room:

- When you get to the Demo Level's final rooftop (with the Beast in the background and Persian soldiers climbing up two ladders) just go straight to the door on the right end and have the soldiers follow you.

- Hammer the O button as fast as you can to get the door to open and if your timming is right, you should get hit in the back by the soldiers, enabling you to get past the door. This is the hardest part to do, but even if you get killed you can retry as many times as you like till you get it.

-Once you get past the door the camera view gets messed up and all you see is the door infront of your screen....Just keep in mind you are already past the door at this point and can roam freely inside the room.

- There's an unoperable switch in the center of the room, a wine barrel cellar in the back, and a wooden crate or box that you can move around...

- It looks like Krato's next goal is to push the crate/box to the back of the room where the wine barrels are, then manuever the switch and make it through the second floor and outside before the switch activated shutter closes.

- You can't make it past the first section of this room in this Demo because the game freezes everytime you try to jump up to the second floor. (Actually, you CAN make to the second floor, but there's a 50-50 chance the game will freeze...to get there, push the crate as close as you can...it'll dissapear from sight but it's still there!!!! Then get on top of it and perform the air attack manuever[Hold triangle at least two seconds]) Double jumping to that section will freeze the game everytime.

- You can however manage to see what the second floor in this room looks like if you try moving the crate/box all the way to the back, where the wine barrels are.

and now, the Pic:thumbup:

Sonicboy 101
October 22nd, 2007, 16:35
I managed to do it!
Here's how to get into the secret room:

- When you get to the Demo Level's final rooftop (with the Beast in the background and Persian soldiers climbing up two ladders) just go straight to the door on the right end and have the soldiers follow you.

- Hammer the O button as fast as you can to get the door to open and if your timming is right, you should get hit in the back by the soldiers, enabling you to get past the door. This is the hardest part to do, but even if you get killed you can retry as many times as you like till you get it.

-Once you get past the door the camera view gets messed up and all you see is the door infront of your screen....Just keep in mind you are already past the door at this point and can roam freely inside the room.

- There's an unoperable switch in the center of the room, a wine barrel cellar in the back, and a wooden crate or box that you can move around...

- It looks like Krato's next goal is to push the crate/box to the back of the room where the wine barrels are, then manuever the switch and make it through the second floor and outside before the switch activated shutter closes.

- You can't make it past the first section of this room in this Demo because the game freezes everytime you try to jump up to the second floor.

- You can however manage to see what the second floor in this room looks like if you try moving the crate/box all the way to the back, where the wine barrels are.

and now, the Pic:thumbup:

Nice... I'm gonna have to try that!

paladinja
October 22nd, 2007, 16:58
Got mine'z! Very impressed. Also, very cool that they included a little G.O.W. omega symbol phone fob. I hope it's an exclusive thing that doesn't wind up being sold @ game stores. It would be cool to be able to see who cared enough to sign up early by who has the omega fob... of course, I'm sure I only think that because I got one. I'm such a jerk! ha. I wonder if whoever bought that $7,000 GOW PSP off ebay will get one? Maybe I'll offer to sell him mine for a few hundred beans! ;}

wookiex
October 22nd, 2007, 18:20
actually the creators of GOW secretly bid and won that psp, flew the guy down to deliver it personally, and got to meet the team, etc, and they gave the money to charity i believe. good stuff.

Apoklepz
October 23rd, 2007, 14:59
OK, looks like someone at ********** went deeper into this Demo than anyone has....I'm trying this out with Cwcheat as I write...Enjoy!:thumbup:

All made with CHEATMASTER v.6c (these probably work with Cwcheat too)

Hidden Boss Battle
Code 1 - 0x0122B948 0x4295D85A
Code 2 - 0x0122B94C 0x40904E10
Code 3 - 0x0122B950 0xC146155B

!!Instructions On How To Use!!
1. Add the codes to your table address table before you hit start game and DONT lock them.
2.Play the demo all the way through till you get to the end (where you have to kick the ladders down)
3. Now that your on the last bridge, bring up CM and Lock the First Code.
4. Go back into game and you'll warp. Then unlock that code and lock Code 2.
5. You'll warp again, then unlock Code 2 and lock Code 3.
6.Now that you've warped 3 times you can unlock Code 3 and walk forward and Fight 3 ogres!!

Additional Cheat Codes:

Super Speed: 0x0122B97A 0x00004020 [CWCheat: 0x1122B97A 0x00004020]
[Allows Kratos to run hyper fast]

Cam Mod: 0x00012CF8 0x00003F60 [CWCheat: 0x10012CF8 0x00003F60]
[This code lets you mod the cam. use 3F80 to reset.]

Clean Screen: 0x00012CF0 0x00000000 [0008 original] [CWCheat: 0x00012CF0 0x00000000]
[This code removes all TEXT/LOGO, everythign from screen. accept game itself. i used this code
on the main menu to remove the menu itself, which reveals a nice screenshot opurtunity for a psp
wallpaper! set back to 0008 for original]
[Used clean screen hack on main menu, reveals a nice wallpaper for your psp!]

Hover Attack: 0x000B5034 0x00003FC0 [CWCheat: 0x100B5034 0x00003FC0]
[This is a kool code here. when you jump, use SQUARE to start swinging and you will remain hovering in one position forever untill you stop swinging, then you fall back to the ground. you can use other attacks but they slowly drop you. either way, hover above the enemy tear'n em up!]

Kratos Animation Speed: 0x00100038 0x00004040 [CWCheat: 0x10100038 0x00004040]
[This can work as an alternate speed mod. the only difference is this is the same as my monster hunter speed hacks, it modes the actual animation movement speed instead. very nice]

Little Big World: 0x00168998 0x00003F20 [CWCheat: 0x10168998 0x00003F20]
[This code shrinks Kratos, Enemies, Boxes, Doors and any other movable objects/enemies to a tiny size. making everything tiny, but everything ELSE big. hence "little BIG world"]

Enemies Dont Attack: 0x0003CBAC 0x00003F00 [CWCheat: 0x1003CBAC 0x00003F00]
[Does exactly what it says. all enemies, accept for the giant lizard will NOT attack you. even the persian boss is dumbified lol, only one downside, when in this mode you cannot open chests or doors or nothing. SO, set value back to 3F80 to continue. i will be releasing a FIX for this soon. so you dont have to worry about it.]

1000 Foot Hit Extension: 0x00103C14 0x00005000 [CWCheat: 0x10103C14 0x00005000]
[This is the number one code i been trying to make for days. using my own guide method for fighting games the "Hit Anywhere" method, i have created this. if your on one side of the level, and enemies are on the other, you can still slice em up from a long distance. hence 1000 foot hit extension!]

Hit Enemies From Anywhere: 0x00103BFC 0x000000FF [CWCheat: 0x00103BFC 0x000000FF]
[This code is super sweet. better than the 100 foot extension code. this code, no matter where you are you hit EVERYONE. there is a distance limit, but only if enemies are super far away from you. they can be behind you and off screen and you still jack em up lol.]

Fast Enemy Movement: 0x00098324 0x00004040 [CWCheat: 0x10098324 0x00004040]
[This code speeds up enemy movement. i have an enemy attack speed mod too, will update later.]

Heavy Hit Camera: 0x0008D940 0x00004040 [CWCheat: 0x1008D940 0x00004040]
[You know when you hit an enemy, the cam shakes? well this increases that feature. check it, its neat.]

Hackers Only:
View Distance: 0x00166C14 0x00003F80 [CWCheat: 0x10166C14 0x00003F80 ]
[This is a view distance modifier. from what i can tell not much will come from this. i left it default values, so you can play with it on your own.]

Spinning Enemies After Hit: 0x000454C0 0x00004080 [CWCheat: 0x100454C0 0x00004080]
[This code makes enemies spin in circles for half a second after you hit them. useless, but i figured other hackers may find some use of it.]

Object Lift: 0x00038A34 0x0000xxxx [CWCheat: 0x10038A34 0x0000xxxx]
[Use 3F80 and UP or DOWN. what this does is lifts objects and doors into the air. you can even pass thru unopened doors since there lifted. downside is it doesnt load the next part of the level. maybe use this for secret areas? play with it a bit hackers, youll find something with it im sure.]

-Sketch & LoGikz

wookiex
October 24th, 2007, 22:53
I'm guessing the 3 ogres battle is one of the unlockable secrets, anyone been able to unlock them all? if not, ill consider using cwcheat :) I"m betting those ogres are the ones from the tartarus vid as well... sneak peek at Tartarus? sounds good to me :)

paladinja
October 24th, 2007, 23:11
actually the creators of GOW secretly bid and won that psp, flew the guy down to deliver it personally, and got to meet the team, etc, and they gave the money to charity i believe. good stuff.

for real? I never knew. cool.

jwilds73
October 25th, 2007, 03:52
I got mine today. It came with a emblem I guess to hang on my PSP's strap eye and a coupon for $15 bucks off a PSP at Best Buy. I'm going to use that to get my Slim and hopefully I can get another 10% off by signing up for a Best Buy card I'll never use.