PDA

View Full Version : PimpStreamer 1.0

wraggster
October 19th, 2007, 06:34
DickyDick69 (http://www.pimpware.org/?p=97) has updated his Video Streaming app for the PSP

Pimpstreamer 1.0, a new release!

* support for the new slim psp /3.xx firmwares/WPA
* better streaming (so is reported)
* fully graphical, fast scrolling, proportional fonts
* not based on pmp_mod anymore
* DNS lookups
* started from scratch
* better energy consumption (playing MP3)

Download PiMPStreamerSetup-1.0.msi (http://www.pimpware.org/PiMPStreamerSetup-1.0.msi)

ab88
October 19th, 2007, 07:21
This app is one of the best things out there on the PSP. It's like that location free thingy but you only need a PC (Which most already have)

240-185
October 19th, 2007, 15:11
Hum, DickyDick should check his installation programs, the pimpstreamer100 thing doesn't work on my psp :(

jefdizon
October 19th, 2007, 15:18
Hum, DickyDick should check his installation programs, the pimpstreamer100 thing doesn't work on my psp :(

What firmware are you using and what was the problem? do you get error messages?

I have it running on 3.71 M33-2 and it works fine.

Anonymous D
October 19th, 2007, 16:28
yes! wpa support, i can finally make use of this, bieng able to stream full video files is amazing.

240-185
October 19th, 2007, 16:38
What firmware are you using and what was the problem? do you get error messages?

I have it running on 3.71 M33-2 and it works fine.

Hm, after searching for a while, I managed to fix my error.

The installer doesn't provide a config.txt which is needed by PimpStreamer in order to run...

DarthPaul
October 19th, 2007, 17:52
This is surely one of the top 10 or 5 homebrews for PSP!

Thanks for the update!

zoolu
October 19th, 2007, 18:30
Thanks , This is a great app.The best one ever.Works like a charm.Better than ever. Love it

dazman
October 19th, 2007, 19:11
Still jumping on mine. please can someone confirm it will strem with jumping or skipping of sound and if so what settings on both router and pimp strem are you using

Thanks

DarthPaul
October 20th, 2007, 08:04
I got an error while running this on Windows Vista. :(

ab88
October 20th, 2007, 09:42
Still jumping on mine. please can someone confirm it will strem with jumping or skipping of sound and if so what settings on both router and pimp strem are you using

Thanks

mine works just great. I've tried a lot of formats and they all work nicely. The only problem I had before was not being able to set the time at which the stream would begin without the movie skipping or crashing. I got it fixed by changing my router to send only B signals instead of mixed b/g.

Render size PSP: 480x272
Movie bitrate: 480
Audio bitrate: 64
Frame rate divider: original
Render size FLV: 0x0 (Doesn't matter for PSP)

Also works with these although then it tends to skip every once in a while (a skip or 2 for ~20 mins of play) :

Movie bitrate: 680
Audio bitrate: 128

Although right now I personally find the older version to have more features. I would use that for now until everything gets added into the 3.xx kernel one (Unless you need WPA)

I got an error while running this on Windows Vista. :(

While installing or after?

If while installing you could try this I guess:
* I can’t run a MSI!

Just use the Universal Extractor (http://www.msfn.org/board/Universal_Extractor_v15_t62418.html) to extract the MSI..

7th-son
October 20th, 2007, 12:30
run the msi file through command box (run as administrator)
and the file should work

the_troll
November 22nd, 2007, 20:09
I can't seem to get this program to work. I'm running vista and 7.1-3 on a slim. I don't get an error and just keeps staying "connecting to the net," and it never moves from there.

Help!