PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 top in US for September

Shrygue
October 19th, 2007, 18:58
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=29766)

The NPD Group has released its report for US September software sales showing Halo 3 at number one.

Despite being released at the end of the month, Halo 3 took the top position with 3.3 million units sold.

That number is about 12 times the number of units sold as the second game on the chart, Wii Play, which sold 282,000 units.

In fact, Halo 3 sold twice as many copies as the nine other games in the top ten chart combined.

Nintendo had four of the top ten best-selling titles in September, including The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass at number three (224,000 sold), Metroid Prime 3: Corruption at number seven (167,000 sold), and Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day at number nine (141,000 sold).

Madden NFL 08 remained on the charts, with the PS2 version selling 205,000 copies, ahead of 173,000 copies for the Xbox 360 version. Those numbers were good enough for the fourth and sixth position, respectively.

New to the chart this month was EA's Skate for the Xbox 360, in fifth place with 175,000 sold.

Bioshock was in eighth place, selling 150,000 units, and Heavenly Sword, the only PS3 title to make the charts, rounded out the top ten with 139,000 units sold.

In terms of console sales, Microsoft sold more than 528,000 consoles, a 50 per cent increase for the month.

Nintendo, meanwhile, sold 501,000 Wii consoles, with Sony selling 119,000 PS3 systems.

ssnake
October 19th, 2007, 20:47
I cant understand all the fury behind Halo3..
I mean.. this is probably the most overrated game of all ****ing times...

the story isn't nice, I mean, did you ever played a final fantasy or a metal gear solid before?
and the graphic doesnt deserve to be called next gen...

at least the multiplayer makes a run for your money.. but even then... the difference with halo 2 is not THAT big...

and me and my friend did the solo campaing in like.. what.. 3-4 hours? You know... that's the time that it took me to go through Portal, and EVERYBODY keeps saying that this game is too ****ing short.

but then, nobody say that about halo 3 eh! :rolleyes:

same for the graphics, I saw tester who gave better notes to Halo 3 than Lair.. what the hell?:confused:

osgeld
October 20th, 2007, 02:03
meh played it, its an ok game for people who have never played a pc fps

graphics, eh not that much better, its just not the "holy shit look at that" effect that halo 1 had, just average for a modern top end game

once it gets into the pc market it will probably produce the same luke warm turd plop that halo 1 and 2 did in the kingdom of FPS games

Shadowblind
October 20th, 2007, 02:08
I've figured out through extensive research why people like Halo so much. its not because of all the new, innovative things that halo does, but for the THOUSANDS of little things that just make the game an insane fest of fun. Same can be said for the 360.

Yep, still play the game. Yep, still can't get off it for anything besides Gears of War.

DarthPaul
October 20th, 2007, 03:47
In fact, Halo 3 sold twice as many copies as the nine other games in the top ten chart combined.

Lol!:rofl:

Halo 3 is cool! I expected more though... Gears of War is better from my point of view.