PDA

View Full Version : Charge your PSP, Cellphone, Nintendo DS, Anywhere, Anytime!

sourced
October 20th, 2007, 10:00
Via PSP Vault (http://www.psp-vault.com/Article1234.psp)

If you're looking for that extra few hours of gaming while you're on the go, and don't mind sacrificing a bit of dignity, check out this Charger Bracelet, made by Thanko. If you find yourself in the middle of an online battle and the internal battery is drained, slap on the gadget and you'll be in the clear. The bracelet (more of a wristband) will give you between 3.5 and 4.5 hours of battery life, and can be easily recharged via the USB port of your computer. Simply plug it in each night, and you'll be set for some additional hours the following day.

This Charger Bracelet will also work to power your cell phone and DS, with the included various adapters.
http://techjapan.com/pspvault/ChargerBracelet1.jpg
http://techjapan.com/pspvault/ChargerBracelet2.jpg

-Xandu-
October 20th, 2007, 14:57
Electricity on the go!

Buddy4point0
October 20th, 2007, 15:22
charger bracelet.....
that would make me think the power is being drawn from inside me. lol so healthy

mat_dizzy
October 20th, 2007, 16:13
I have to agree with Buddy4point0, This is just such a pointless devide :S It has potential but at the same time being stupid! I wonder what people would think to look at you in the street whilst charging lol! And i thought having a phone call on the old Ngage was embrarresing!

Axelius
October 20th, 2007, 16:18
Huh? Is this a rechargeable battery shaped like a wristband? Have I got this right?

gusgus
October 20th, 2007, 17:08
I like it.

Strongbadunit2
October 20th, 2007, 17:54
y the heck would anyone get this crap...y wouldn't they just bring an extra battery 0_o...this is as dorky as one of those solar powered backpacks

jinqui242
October 20th, 2007, 19:14
It would be good in a car trip if you had only one person around to make fun of your dorky wrist strap. ;)

I would get a second battery instead for the PSP, but for the DS the strap might be good. If you take the battery out of the DS, it loses your username info and preferences. Argh.

burrito
October 20th, 2007, 20:18
If you find yourself in the middle of an online battle and the internal battery is drained, slap on the gadget and you'll be in the clear.
If you're online, then you're by a router. And if you're by a router then you are by an outlet. Just plug your psp into the wall outlet.. Why use this nerdy bracelet thing?

RicardoG
October 20th, 2007, 21:39
It looks like a simple bracelet and I don't think that it's dorky...

Strongbadunit2
October 20th, 2007, 21:51
yeah but it has a big cord coming out of it..

sonofsamus
October 20th, 2007, 23:58
Imagine the burns you'd get if THAT battery pack exploded. . .

sourced
October 21st, 2007, 00:08
woot. got front page. anyway, i admit that this thing looks pretty dorky. but hey, it is useful..

razorak
October 21st, 2007, 02:24
hmm...i think they should make it a watch...makes it more useful...lol

sourced
October 21st, 2007, 04:11
hmm...i think they should make it a watch...makes it more useful...lol

but then the watch would drain the battery too. and there would be less battery for the gadget...

Strongbadunit2
October 21st, 2007, 04:32
Omgz i got a great idea...y don't they make a bulky bracelet, necklace combo then when u run out of battery u can use the backup battery from the necklace and bracelet too! Wow my idea deserves front page with the new UoGpsp release!

Or better yet a shirt made of batteries! Then If ur playing psp on a bench you can last a week online without running out of battery!

Seriously if ur out in public that much that u can't take a break to go home and charge it then please dont look stupid in public and give psp lovers a bad name

DSers go ahead and buy this :rofl:

ExcruciationX
October 21st, 2007, 05:57
It has potential, but it's just not good yet.

steve520
October 21st, 2007, 06:09
it would be cool if someone could like mod this into a tazer or something that would be cool.

SpooForBrains
October 21st, 2007, 13:35
y the heck would anyone get this crap...y wouldn't they just bring an extra battery 0_o...this is as dorky as one of those solar powered backpacks

An extra battery for your DS, your PSP and your mobile phone? That's a lot of extra batteries to cart about and to remember to keep charged - not to mention that a lot of devices don't even allow the battery to be removed.

I can see the appeal of this device, TBH, although I'm not sure about the look of it.

burrito
October 21st, 2007, 18:24
OMG!!! I WANT THIS!!!!

http://i24.tinypic.com/5zqlna.png

Strongbadunit2
October 21st, 2007, 18:57
OMG!!! I WANT THIS!!!!

http://i24.tinypic.com/5zqlna.png

hahahah my point exactly!!:rofl:

Greg_Alexander
October 21st, 2007, 20:34
Not sure What everyone's problem is really. You don't have to wear the bracelet, lol.
The gadget and bracelet can go into a pocket or bag, as the cable is long enough.

Art
October 22nd, 2007, 12:29
Charge your PSP, Cellphone, Nintendo DS, Anywhere, Anytime!
Already got it covered! :D

Art
October 22nd, 2007, 12:34
before anyone else says it....

RDToT
October 22nd, 2007, 15:13
it might be useful but will make you a nerdy in the same time :P

burrito
October 22nd, 2007, 23:09
before anyone else says it....
my photoshop skillz own yours :p