PDA

View Full Version : Help getting started with 3.71m33-2 with 1.50 and psp-290

Mudbone
October 21st, 2007, 01:20
Hi i've been reading through the forums and i think my head is going to explode!!:eek: lol... anyway... my current cfw is 3.71m33-2 w/1.50.. I now have the psp-290 gps receiver and need some advice on how to install it!

1. should i downgrade back to 3.52m33-4 because it seems people are struggling with 3.71m33-2.
2. if 3.71m33-2 is ok then can someone link me to a good detailed install and files needed.
3. if 3.52m33-4 is recomended can someone link that install info with files needed for me.

thanks for any help that can be provided, i want to get my facts straight before i attempt to install!!

johoo
October 21st, 2007, 05:28
just stay on 3.71m33-2

and for more info look here
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This%21
this is al u need to know to get it working

succes johoo

Mudbone
October 21st, 2007, 12:08
thanks for your help... im starting the process now using the wikibook... exactly what i was looking for johoo thanks, now lets hope i can get it to work!

Mudbone
October 22nd, 2007, 14:30
ok i had no problem installing mapthis 0.5 into my GAME371 folder ... then i got the usbacc.prx and usbgps.prx from 3.52update (because they are the latest i could find and when i tried extracting them from my 3.71 on my psp these files were not there) i placed the 2 .prx files in the MAPVIEWER fold and now when i load up mapthis it comes up with an error saying "could not load usbacc.prx gps will be disabled" do i need different .prx files or did i do something wrong? please help!

deniska
October 22nd, 2007, 15:25
did you extract them unencrypted?
well if nothing else helps - get prx-less version that Nieko compiled in the dev thread.

PDG
October 22nd, 2007, 17:03
3.71 .prx files = http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75819

Mudbone
October 22nd, 2007, 21:53
did you extract them unencrypted?
well if nothing else helps - get prx-less version that Nieko compiled in the dev thread.
not sure deniska i used the instructions from the wikibook!

i got the 3.71 .prx files and now it works!!! thanks for your help guys!! i still have to make maps and test the 290 but hopefully i should be good now!!

should i upgrade mapthis to the newer version?? im using 0.5 right now.

niteloner
October 23rd, 2007, 13:41
Can i know where can i get .prx files for 3.60 M33?
I encountered blue screen with " -Loading USB Accessory Module... error" msg. Also, I couldnt get my gmdl connected to the net. It kept popping out the msg saying it is unable to connect to http://maps.google.com. Please enlighten!

PDG
October 23rd, 2007, 14:04
Can i know where can i get .prx files for 3.60 M33?
I encountered blue screen with " -Loading USB Accessory Module... error" msg. Also, I couldnt get my gmdl connected to the net. It kept popping out the msg saying it is unable to connect to http://maps.google.com. Please enlighten!

Just use the 3.70 .prx i posted a link to two answers up :)

niteloner
October 23rd, 2007, 16:29
I've tried on the mapviewer v03, MapThis 0499 beta and 3.30 oe-a prx on my psp slim 3.60 M33 and PSP-290 and i've got the problem as mentioned "-Loading USB Accessory Module... error". After reading this post i decide to delete everything and try out with MapThis v0.5 and follow the wiki book and i noticed that mapthis v0.5 only have "mapviewer" instead of "mapviewer and mapviewer%". I'm getting confused. Can anyone give links to a complete noob guide? Do i need to set the kernel to 1.5? If needed, how do i set it? I cant see it when i get into the recovery menu... Been 2 days since i've been trying to get it up X_X
Sorry for being one of those who keep repeating the same question =X

johoo
October 24th, 2007, 01:10
I've tried on the mapviewer v03, MapThis 0499 beta and 3.30 oe-a prx on my psp slim 3.60 M33 and PSP-290 and i've got the problem as mentioned "-Loading USB Accessory Module... error". After reading this post i decide to delete everything and try out with MapThis v0.5 and follow the wiki book and i noticed that mapthis v0.5 only have "mapviewer" instead of "mapviewer and mapviewer%". I'm getting confused. Can anyone give links to a complete noob guide? Do i need to set the kernel to 1.5? If needed, how do i set it? I cant see it when i get into the recovery menu... Been 2 days since i've been trying to get it up X_X
Sorry for being one of those who keep repeating the same question =X

mapviewer and mapviewer%
de mapviewer with the % is a 1.50 exploit
you only use the mapviewer without the % when u on a higer fw then 1.50

and al youre questions are in older topics also
put the kernel on 3.60 and mapviewer in de GAME360 map

niteloner
October 24th, 2007, 15:31
I tried the method putting it to Game360 and all and i encountered "Loading USB accessory module...." It just hangs for like 10 secs after which it auto switches off. As for kernel, where do i set it? I dont see a setting where i can set it... I also noticed something strange when i tried to extract my own .prx files. It seems that i dont have the "kn" folder. Theres only "dic,font,pump_usb and vsh" folders. Is there anything wrong with my firmware?

PDG
October 24th, 2007, 16:18
I tried the method putting it to Game360 and all and i encountered "Loading USB accessory module...." It just hangs for like 10 secs after which it auto switches off. As for kernel, where do i set it? I dont see a setting where i can set it... I also noticed something strange when i tried to extract my own .prx files. It seems that i dont have the "kn" folder. Theres only "dic,font,pump_usb and vsh" folders. Is there anything wrong with my firmware?

Thanx for your PM :)
Try these files: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75819

harrycarr
October 24th, 2007, 18:40
can someone help me i get this on my psp "loading USB accessory module.... error i dont know what to do now !

Nieko
October 24th, 2007, 20:14
You could try not cross-posting.

Other than that, take a look at PDG's signature, first question.

johoo
October 25th, 2007, 00:50
It seems that i dont have the "kn" folder. Theres only "dic,font,pump_usb and vsh" folders. Is there anything wrong with my firmware?

no there is nothing wrong with it
youre comp just doesn't see hide maps
thats all
make youre comp see hide folders and its oke

niteloner
October 28th, 2007, 09:29
i've tried all the solutions i've found but to no avail. The updating of firmware to 3.71 M33-2 solved my problem.
i suppose its due to the missing of kernel in 3.60 m33. Thanks for helping =)