PDA

View Full Version : 30 Days of Night

Kaiser
October 21st, 2007, 08:32
Just saw this movie. I'm a bit speechless.

Just.... Holy Shit

DarthPaul
October 21st, 2007, 08:44
Junk. Don't post pointless threads.

Kaiser
October 21st, 2007, 08:50
Junk. Don't post pointless threads.

Okay,

This is clearly a thread about discussion surrounding this movie. I figured I wasn't required to spell it out, and that people might be able to look through my initial comment and go from there.

DarthPaul
October 21st, 2007, 08:53
I wanted to discuss my discovery of the Snickers! :rofl:

You watched a movie, you liked it. I found a Snickers, I liked it. Pretty much the same.

But you don't get an infraction, and I do. :(

Kaiser
October 21st, 2007, 09:03
I wanted to discuss my discovery of the Snickers! :rofl:

You watched a movie, you liked it. I found a Snickers, I liked it. Pretty much the same.

But you don't get an infraction, and I do. :(

Clearly,

because saying "I found a snickers" will guarantee engaging discussion.

The staff is so unfair with users. I mean why do we lock stupid threads and edit warez content out? We're evil, evil creatures. You poor bastards.

kcajblue
October 21st, 2007, 09:09
that movie looks really interesting.
the site even has a game where you shoot the zombie looking things while they charge at you.

DarthPaul
October 21st, 2007, 09:13
Well I was not sure if it was going to engage discussion. But... that's why the thread creation was invented, to see if it will get a discussion, nothing can be guaranteed without trying.

And I never said that. I mean, what's so different between your post and mine? Oh yes, I know, you're a member of the staff and I'm not, that's it. I know it's very stupid, but yours too. You're not evil, and not saint either. No one is perfect, and everyone makes mistakes. Not cool. Lol warez? Snickers are warez? xD

I'm cool, man. It's not unfair to send me an infraction, what's unfair is that you made something similar and you didn't. Peace, now I'm gonna sleep because I finished eating my freaking greatly tasty SNICKERS!!!.

Kaiser
October 21st, 2007, 09:20
Well I was not sure if it was going to engage discussion. But... that's why the thread creation was invented, to see if it will get a discussion, nothing can be guaranteed without trying.

Nope. A stupid thread is a stupid thread. Without a logical starting topic a thread will only produce more junk.

And I never said that. I mean, what's so different between your post and mine? Oh yes, I know, you're a member of the staff and I'm not, that's it. I know it's very stupid, but yours too. You're not evil, and not saint either. No one is perfect, and everyone makes mistakes. Not cool. Lol warez? Snickers are warez? xD

That was more so me expressing my frustration over users thinking we're unfair don't take it as some sort of accusation towards yourself.

I'm cool, man. It's not unfair to send me an infraction, what's unfair is that you made something similar and you didn't. Peace, now I'm gonna sleep because I finished eating my freaking greatly tasty SNICKERS!!!.

There not similar. One is a thread about discussing a movie and the other is a junk post. Its damn easy to make that distinction.

DarthPaul
October 21st, 2007, 09:24
I love you. But you should get an infraction too.[and I should get the power to edit a thread without saying Last edited by...] ;)

I love you Kaiser you're my boy!

Kaiser
October 21st, 2007, 09:27
But you should get an infraction too.

Certainly not, your comparing apples and oranges.

I love you Kaiser you're my boy!

Love you too,

Now back on topic. :)

lmtlmt
October 21st, 2007, 13:40
your a hipocrit, you said my thread was junk when i was sharign my animation with people, what the hell dude?

quzar
October 21st, 2007, 14:17
I hate it when people expect to be taken seriously when they can't be bothered to spell correctly.

Sonicboy 101
October 21st, 2007, 14:28
I hate it when people expect to be taken seriously when they can't be bothered to spell correctly.

Well... I hate bad grammar, people who say "your" instead of "you're" and also people who can't seem to spell. I've even seen people spell grammar incorrectly. :rolleyes:

dejkirkby
October 21st, 2007, 17:01
This old chestnut seems to rise up again and again. How can you discriminate against someone by saying they haven't got a valid point to make, just beacuse they can't (or choose not to) spell correctly?
You are not the Grammar Police and because someone can't (or won't) type accurate sentences with correct punctuation, this does not give you the right to be so flippant and arrogant that you can dismiss their views and opinions on the basis of their text.

S34MU5
October 21st, 2007, 18:06
Stop fighting guys. You're never going to win against a admin.

On my CS:S server, arguing = Banhammer!

Anyway - That film looks great. Downloading now :)

dejkirkby
October 21st, 2007, 18:14
It does look great. I'm gonna check it out.

xg917
October 21st, 2007, 19:30
wats the movie about?

Napalm-Death
October 21st, 2007, 22:14
Vampires overrunning a town in Alaska where there is 30 Days of Night. (Srsly)

dejkirkby
October 21st, 2007, 22:28
Just finished watching it and it was alright, nothing special.
It was nowhere near as good as the recent Hallowe'en remake.

pibs
October 22nd, 2007, 00:07
oh yea! the new halloween was really good. 30 days of night looks watchable. Have u ever seen day of the dead lol that movie is funny zombies that can shoot people hahaha

quzar
October 22nd, 2007, 01:05
This old chestnut seems to rise up again and again. How can you discriminate against someone by saying they haven't got a valid point to make, just beacuse they can't (or choose not to) spell correctly?
You are not the Grammar Police and because someone can't (or won't) type accurate sentences with correct punctuation, this does not give you the right to be so flippant and arrogant that you can dismiss their views and opinions on the basis of their text.

It's my opinion, and that's that. Plenty of people share that opinion. Poor spelling or grammar indicates a lack of caring on the part of the writer. I'm not going to care what they are writing if they don't even want to care about it.

It's not a law, it's how I feel about the matter. Having nonsense, or mostly meaningless posts (lets say in response to the topic of the movie itself) is one thing. Making a post supposedly filled with outrage at an injustice and not bothering to be able to spell hypocrite is another.

lmtlmt
October 22nd, 2007, 01:44
I don't have to spell correctly if i don't feel like it, or use correct grammar and punctuation.

But as you can see clearly in that sentence I can.

Excuse me for not being able to spell hypocrite, I have never had to use the word.

quzar
October 22nd, 2007, 02:02
I don't have to spell correctly if i don't feel like it, or use correct grammar and punctuation.

I would never say as much. What I have said before, and will repeat is that if you don't, many people(myself and much of staff) will not take what you say seriously at all.

Safari Al
October 22nd, 2007, 03:00
i remember the commercial. Does it live up to its promises (scaryness)?

Shadowblind
October 22nd, 2007, 03:04
Nope. A stupid thread is a stupid thread. Without a logical starting topic a thread will only produce more junk.

That was more so me expressing my frustration over users thinking we're unfair don't take it as some sort of accusation towards yourself.

There not similar. One is a thread about discussing a movie and the other is a junk post. Its damn easy to make that distinction.

Lol, I am seriously loving this conversation. Its funny and awkward all at the same time. :thumbup: thats the great things about this site. The mods here actually are human, not just robots who only close topics and ban people. These guys have personalities.

i'm thinking of seeing this movie. on a one-to-ten scale, how would you rate the horror, not on the gore and entrails level, but on genuine freakiness?

Kaiser
October 22nd, 2007, 04:13
i'm thinking of seeing this movie. on a one-to-ten scale, how would you rate the horror, not on the gore and entrails level, but on genuine freakiness?

Well,

I'd see it in theater first of all. Downloading it would be a lame move and would ruin the experience. Its certainly one of the best horror movies I've seen. Its quite gory but the gore is put in well within the movie. Its not gore for the sake of gore. Gets a few good jumps out of you, but the real scares come from the overall tone of the movie. It keeps your heart beating.

I'll admit that I'm a bit of a horror enthusiast, but I'm sure even regular movie goers will like it. Certainly the best horror movie I've seen in years.

Shadowblind
October 22nd, 2007, 04:27
Well,

I'd see it in theater first of all. Downloading it would be a lame move and would ruin the experience. Its certainly one of the best horror movies I've seen. Its quite gory but the gore is put in well within the movie. Its not gore for the sake of gore. Gets a few good jumps out of you, but the real scares come from the overall tone of the movie. It keeps your heart beating.

I'll admit that I'm a bit of a horror enthusiast, but I'm sure even regular movie goers will like it. Certainly the best horror movie I've seen in years.

Good. When it comes to horror movies, i really can't stand movies like Saw IV that do nothing but throw buckets of gore at people. the atmosphere to me is the most important aspect of horror. Thats why I loved Doom 3 so much, despite its only above-average Gameplay.