PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter & The Return To City's Cathedral Of Dreams...

wraggster
October 21st, 2007, 17:23
Harry Potter is making a welcome return to Gloucester to film the next magical movie.

The teen wizard - along with his faithful band of friends - will be back in the heart of the city filming scenes for the next movie in the series, Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince.

Filming will take place at Gloucester Cathedral, with pupils from several local schools tipped to appear as extras in the multi million-pound production.

Alistair Macnaughton, headteacher at the Cathedral's neighbouring King's School, said everyone was delighted with the film crew's return.

"It's very exciting, all the pupils are buzzing about it," he said.

"Bits of the first and the second films were filmed here but it's been some years and I guess we didn't think it was likely they would return."

Now pupils from King's, Crypt and Denmark Road High School for Girls have the opportunity to audition for roles in the film.

"Quite a number of our children are going to be auditioning for Warner Bros at the end of this month," Mr Macnaughton said.

"Others are also coming from the Crypt School and Denmark Road High School for Girls."

But he admitted the pupils weren't the only ones excited by the news.

"I'm very excited - I'm a great Harry Potter fans myself, along with the rest of the Macnaughton family," he added.

"When the final book came out this summer, we were all fighting over who got to read it first."

The cloisters at the Cathedral double up as areas in the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, where Harry and friends Ron and Hermione, live out many of their fantastic adventures.

Gloucester has become a high-profile movie location and parts have been used in movies such as Outlaw, starring Sean Bean and the epic Amazing Grace.

Leader of Gloucester City Council, Paul James, said the use of the city in high-profile movies was a bonus.

"It undoubtedly boosts the local economy and helps put Gloucester on the map," he said.