PDA

View Full Version : Sony employee leaked Manhunt 2

Shrygue
October 22nd, 2007, 18:15
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=174138)

Rockstar parent Take Two Interactive has released a statement concerning the recent leakage of Manhunt 2 to the internet.

Back in early September we reported that a version of Manhunt was cracked by hackers and leaked to the internet. Question was though, where did it comes from? Seems like Sony was to blame and not Rockstar.

According to Game Politics, the following statement has been released by Take Two:

"Take Two Interactive confirmed that a former employee of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) has acknowledged his responsibility for the unauthorised online distribution of an unrated play-test version of Manhunt 2 submitted for the European PAL PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system."

Notice how the statement says "former employee".

tgm123
October 22nd, 2007, 18:18
And so he should be fired lol, if only he released the psp version lol

Bakke
October 22nd, 2007, 18:25
In other worlds, he was really kicked out in the ass lol

drock82
October 22nd, 2007, 20:37
well i wonder what site has it for download :rolleyes: hmmmmm

good thing theres google:thumbup:

Veskgar
October 22nd, 2007, 23:47
:rofl:

A lot of us were saying this would end up happening when there was talk it was going to be banned or put through the PG-13 watering down treatment.

When are governments and other groups going to realize that in todays world you can't BAN or censor something for too long. If a work of art in the form of electronic media, music, etc. is targeted for being banned alls that does is create more curiosity and ultimately it will be obtained by the masses anyway.

Ensure that stores ask for ID's of little kids trying to buy this game but don't try and ban a video game. That's ridiculous.

Ethically speaking, what that employee did was wrong, however, if his reason was motivated by the same principles I suspect, I don't have a problem with it and am pleased to hear that this leaked.

Joe88
October 23rd, 2007, 00:14
he did good
I got to play the uncensored banned version on my PS2 like a month before anyone got their hands on the censored one :D