PDA

View Full Version : GameStop Manager Killed During Robbery

Shrygue
October 22nd, 2007, 19:45
via KOTAKU (http://kotaku.com/gaming/crime/gamestop-manager-killed-during-robbery-313396.php)

A robbery at the GameStop on Cobb Parkway South in Marietta, Georgia left the store manger dead. A man apparently entered the store around closing time, waited for the last of the customers to leave, and then pulled a gun. Using duct tape the suspect tied up the store manager, Matthew Chery, as well as a fellow employee, as well as the employee's father who arrived during the robbery to pick up his child from work. The suspect escaped with video games, DVDs, and consoles, leaving the three bound with tape over their mouths. Between the time the robber left and the police arrived, the 21 year-old store manager had died, possibly as a result of the duct tape gag, though police are still investigating. The suspect fled the seen with his loot, stealing Matthew Cherry's red 2004 Honda Civic LX in the process.

kcajblue
October 23rd, 2007, 07:12
man.
i would have never expected that to happen at a gamestop.

my condolences to the family.

Johnny Rash
October 23rd, 2007, 08:39
man.
i would have never expected that to happen at a gamestop.

my condolences to the family.

I could see it happening.

With thousands of dollars worth of merchandise in one small building, how can you afford not to rob a Gamestop?

EDIT:
I too give my condolences.