PDA

View Full Version : Gizmondo “Streamlines” UK Staff

wraggster
July 12th, 2005, 23:39
Our kissing cousin over at Kotaku found some news and we love him for it. Basically, Gizmondo has closed its UK office and is moving everything over the US where, presumably, those folks will also be fired in the next month or so.

Just got some interesting news from a source, Gizmondo has just given their UK staff at their studios in Cheadle 28 days notice. The company has decided to relocate their development studio to the U.S. and just sack the UK studio staff, including not a few recently hired Uni grads.
Not to late to return your Gizmondos, folks.

Hawq
July 13th, 2005, 18:54
Return em? hell this means I might be able to pick one up dirt cheap sooner than expected as a nice curiosity piece for my collection, oddly I did a similar thing with their last handheld device. Wonder how long till I see a gizmondo on the car boot for a fiver? & this so soon after announcing a cheaper one, £100 if I remember it right, that has adverts a few times a day as well, the ad bit probably wouldnt have helped at all quite the opposite probably

marc.williams
July 30th, 2005, 17:32
Well with a marketing strategy worse than Sega's and a list of tites that makes that makes even Sony's launch titles look competant; what do we expect...

Bye, bye Gizmondo or Gametrak or what ever your name will be next week, you will only be missed by the freeloading z-list celebrities that was the launch party. Or have they forgotten who you are already.