PDA

View Full Version : My Thanks to the Author...

goombakid
October 23rd, 2007, 06:18
Hello,

After countless times reading and searching these forums, I finally got my PSP to work as a GPS...probably the only thing that I'll be using my PSP for now.

My setup goes as this:
PSP phat with 3.52 M33-4 CFW (pandora on standby in case of bricking)
PSP GPS-290
MapThis! .501 finally working properly.

It took some tweaking, but I figured stuff out and now have a decent GPS without shelling out too much for one.

Much thanks to you, Deniska, as well as In7ane, PDP for the tuts, and everyone else involved with MapThis!. Please keep up the great work!

BTW, reading though some tuts here, some say to leave FAKEFEED=0. When I did that, the GPS wouldn't get my right bearings even with 3 satellites within range. I changed the FAKEFEED=1 and it worked. I have NO idea what's going on (may I add that I'm a n00b to this thing?), but is that what needs to be done with the GPS-290 to work with MapThis!, or am I doing something backwards?

PDG
October 23rd, 2007, 08:35
Hello,
Much thanks to you, Deniska, as well as In7ane, PDP for the tuts, and everyone else involved with MapThis!. Please keep up the great work!

BTW, reading though some tuts here, some say to leave FAKEFEED=0. When I did that, the GPS wouldn't get my right bearings even with 3 satellites within range. I changed the FAKEFEED=1 and it worked. I have NO idea what's going on (may I add that I'm a n00b to this thing?), but is that what needs to be done with the GPS-290 to work with MapThis!, or am I doing something backwards?

Hope you ment PDG *Lol*
No worries though :thumbup:

The Fake Feed is a setup if you want to test MapThis without a GPS module, and setting it to 0 disables fake feeds and enables the GPS modules ;)
So it was not an error :)

FakeFeed should be set to 0 if using a Holux or a PSP-290 if i remember correct :D

Yupp just checked it, this is my setup:

##################################################
## FAKE FEED SWITCH 0 or 1 ##
## IF '1' READ NMEA MESSAGES FROM gps.txt ##
##################################################
FAKEFEED=0

goombakid
October 23rd, 2007, 16:22
Yes, PDG, I did mean you:thumbup: Thanks!

I'll double check my settings today. I'm taking it out for a test drive (no pun intended).

johoo
October 24th, 2007, 01:33
hi all dev's for the psp
i want to thank every dev that has done something on the psp
there are just too many of them to name them all in here
so i think you will know that i ment you

i love my psp for what i have done with it over the years.
and never had one brick because of the great work and all the read me's en tuts
it was scary sometimes what gave a great kick when it worked afterall

so thnx for all :thumbup:

edit:and no respect for daniel s.

Mudbone
October 24th, 2007, 04:25
I too would like to thank everyone... expecially for having to deal with a bunch of noobs and the same questions...lol...you guys handle it well.. I still have many questions about mapthis and generating maps but i'll post them in another thread...THANKs AGAIN