PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles (English language Version)

wraggster
October 23rd, 2007, 19:43
New from Play Asia:

http://image4.play-asia.com/170/5v/pa.105619.2.jpg

features
The classic action game Castlevania: Rondo of Blood re-imagined for the PSP® system with 3D graphics, enhanced gameplay and new music
Includes unlockable versions of the original Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night games, optimized for the PSP® system
Timeless side scrolling action through more than 10 gothic stages and additional hidden areas
Return to previously completed levels to find additional secrets

description
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles is an entirely new take at the best Castlevania game to never be released in the US, Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. The Dracula X Chronicles brings the beloved action/adventure franchise to the PSP system for the first time, complete with 3D graphics, enhanced gameplay and new music. Completing the Dracula X storyline, this game also includes an unlockable version of Symphony of the Night and players will also be able to unlock the original Rondo of Blood from the NEC PC Engine

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-bl-49-en-84-j-70-29hv.html

r2works
October 23rd, 2007, 19:54
im going to have to pick this up, does anyone know what FW it is, and has it already been hacked?

im so out of the loop with the FW, :confused: still on my 1.5

Saracchini
October 23rd, 2007, 20:06
I should buy this. I dont like the great portion of PSP games, but Castlevania is awesome.

im going to have to pick this up, does anyone know what FW it is, and has it already been hacked?

im so out of the loop with the FW, :confused: still on my 1.5

Use an custom firmware like 3.52 M33-4 or 3.71 M33-2 and dont worry anymore with outdated firmware versions. You will have all the capabilities of 1.50 and the features of the latest firmwares.

jamotto
October 24th, 2007, 05:28
Picking up my copy tomorrow. :thumbup:

mike_jmg
October 24th, 2007, 07:21
Looks promising

Veskgar
October 24th, 2007, 18:20
Castlevania! The original on NES helped spawn my video game addiction. And I'm one deprived S.O.B. as I have never gotten the chance to play this even though I own a Turbo Duo. The game is way too expensive on eBay.

Now this with English languages with the original untouched games as unlockables? This is what its all about.

A must buy for many true gamers.

Uruz 6
October 24th, 2007, 19:27
Might give this one a try - liked SOTN back in the day.

Napalm-Death
October 24th, 2007, 22:03
It comes with the update for 3.52, I thought they would have used a higher firmware. @_@

Uruz 6
October 24th, 2007, 22:06
It comes with the update for 3.52, I thought they would have used a higher firmware. @_@

Already happened in the past... what's the point of making new firmwares if they don't update immediately? oh well, lucky us :cool:

Apoklepz
October 25th, 2007, 01:37
I just got mine today, along with a rubber replica of the Simon Belmont Sprite from CastleVania II: Simon's Quest.

This game brings so much memories...but it's fairly easy to beat compared to the original, which is also unlockable along with the Complete Saturn version's (EDIT - unlockable features) of Symphony of the Night, which I am drooling over like a fanboy as I write XD. Also, the remade game offers very great CG movies along the way.

Iga & Konami certainly aimed to please their fans with this one...and with such a great release price of $25, who wouldn't get it?

It works fine on my 3.40 LE PSP, even thought it has a 3.52 Sony update.

Napalm-Death
October 25th, 2007, 01:42
I just got mine today, along with a rubber replica of the Simon Belmont Sprite from CastleVania II: Simon's Quest.

This game brings so much memories...but it's fairly easy to beat compared to the original, which is also unlockable along with the Complete Saturn version of Symphony of the Night, which I am drooling over like a fanboy as I write XD. Also, the remade game offers very great CG movies along the way.

Iga & Konami certainly aimed to please their fans with this one...and with such a great release price of $25, who wouldn't get it?

It works fine on my 3.40 LE PSP, even thought it has a 3.52 Sony update.
It's $30 here. I pre-ordered mine ages ago and this freakin' GameStop didn't receive the figure. It's made out of rubber? I was hoping it would have been plastic or something. XD Stage 4 (Normal version) is ****ing hard.

mcleod
October 25th, 2007, 01:56
I'm very dissapointed with the game, ive been a castlevania fan since it first came to light . I dont understand why they keep doing this crap.. just make a BAD ASS 2D game with great music and art , and don't add any 3D characters or nothing .. Symphony of the night FTW!!!

furthermore
October 25th, 2007, 04:53
I'm very dissapointed with the game, ive been a castlevania fan since it first came to light . I dont understand why they keep doing this crap.. just make a BAD ASS 2D game with great music and art , and don't add any 3D characters or nothing .. Symphony of the night FTW!!!

i agree. the '3D' remake od rondo is excruciating to play. the music is bland and hardly recognisable and the graphics are insanely low quality. konami would have been just as wise to release this as a 'collection' of the two classics. i'm done with castlevania until they can come up with another rad 2D adventure or properly bring it into 3D. even the GBA and DS titles seem derivative and thoughtless. nothing decent has come of castlevania since symphony of the night and at this point i seriously doubt konami will turn it around

Veskgar
October 25th, 2007, 06:28
This game brings so much memories...but it's fairly easy to beat compared to the original, which is also unlockable along with the Complete Saturn version of Symphony of the Night, which I am drooling over like a fanboy as I write XD. Also, the remade game offers very great CG movies along the way.

Its funny you say that because IGN just reviewed the game and the reviewer kept basically whining about how it is really hard and essentially only "old school" gamers will be able to deal with the frustrating difficulty.

Here is the review:

http://psp.ign.com/articles/830/830185p1.html

Anyway, I can't wait to get the USA version. I love these remakes for PSP. Sure, its all been done before, but just like with Mega Man, Ultimate Ghosts 'N Goblins, Lemmings, FFT, and others, this sort of upgrade is perfect for the PSP platform.

You know what we need now right? An upgraded version of CONTRA exclusively for the PSP... Who's with me on that? With the mix of 2D/3D shown in games like this, Contra would be the next logical choice. Contra, just like Rondo, and Ghouls 'N Ghosts was always a pretty hard game. So bring on some "old school" Contra to frustrate the hell out of me.

jamotto
October 25th, 2007, 06:30
It's clear from the very beginning that a lot of love went into this. I like the embers that float through the air in the burning town stage. The music has undergone only minor changes from what I have heard so far. To sum it up if you liked Castlevania 3 or 4 then you should really like rondo of blood. If your expecting a SoTN like game play you might not care for this game much. The difficulty seems on par with the original version on the pc engine.

idapimp
October 25th, 2007, 08:10
thats all i needed to know. SEGA SATURN VERSION OF SOTN. KICK ASS!

Napalm-Death
October 25th, 2007, 14:04
thats all i needed to know. SEGA SATURN VERSION OF SOTN. KICK ASS!

Correction: PSX Version of SOTN with the updates from the Saturn version. It's not the Saturn version because the Saturn version allowed you to select Richter and Maria from the beginning. In this one, you beat SOTN, then enter the character's name as a new file.

Apoklepz
October 25th, 2007, 21:32
That's right! I did mess up last night...but everything from the Saturn extended version is there (Maria, Richter, Garden and Prison levels) once you beat Symphony once. I just didn't think straight before typing....Imagine...I went straight to playing Symphony once I unlocked it in the remixed game that I haven't had time to finish the new game entirely with all the rescued maidens. lol