PDA

View Full Version : JXD 301 LTPS Handheld Comes With NES/SNES/SMD/SMS/GB/GBA Emulators

wraggster
October 23rd, 2007, 22:10
Wow just spotted news of this tonight and its most impressive. A new handheld from China that boasts Nes, Snes, Genesis, Sega Master System, Gameboy, GBA and NeoGeo emulation on it from the start.

Heres a Pic

http://i15.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/af/b3/f71e_2.JPG

Heres the specs:

JXD 301 - 3.0" LTPS TFT Screen
MP4 / MP3 / Picture Viewer / Voice Recorder / Game Emulator

2GB VERSION Unit Price: $126.50

2GB VERSION + 2GB SD CARD = 4GB Unit Price: $149.00

The JXD 301 has a LTPS TFT (Low Temperature Polysilicon Thin Film Transistor) screen, which allows for better screen performance than most other players. It can also play a large number of audio and video file types, most importantly RM/RMVB, which is growing in use due to is high compression/hi quality ratio, it also allows for FLV playback allowing users to download off sites like You Tube and watch the videos directly on this player. One of the nicest features is its ability to play NES, SNES, SMD, GBC, GBA and Neo Geo games.

Package Contents:

2GB 3.0" LTPS TFT (4GB Pack: 2GB JXD 301 + 2GB SD Card)
USB cable
Headphones
English Manual
Carrying case
2 Pin Wall Charger
CD with drivers and software
12 Month Warranty

FEATURES:

Processor: ADI Blackfin 533 - 600MHz
Screen: 3.0" LTPS TFT, capable of displaying 16 million colors with a aspect ratio of 4:3
Supported Audio Codecs: MP3, WMA (32K ~ 320Kbps), APE, FLAC
Supported Video Codecs: RM/RMVB, AVI (XVid), FLV, MPG, MPEG, DAT
Equalizer: BBE, SRS, 10 Custom EQ and 7 Pre-set EQ
Frequency Response: 20HZ~20KHZ , 0dB± 3dB
Games: NES, SNES, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy Classic, Game Boy Advanced and Neo Geo Emulator
File Viewing: GIF, BMP, JPG, TXT
Lyrics: LRC
Voice Recording: (WAV) Sampling Rate: 8kHz-320kHz
Input and Output: 5PIN USB, Dual 3.5mm stereo earphone output.
Language Support: Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, English
Battery: 1000mAH
Playtime: 15hrs audio, 5-6hrs video.
Expansion Slot: SD slot capable of supporting up to 4GB
Flash Memory Capacity: 2GB
Interface: USB 2.0 HI-SPEED
Built in loud speaker
Easy to use Graphical User Interface
USB Storage Function
Firmware Upgradable

Heres a
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRv7oJWTzS0of the console.

They are retailing on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/JXD-301-PMP-MP3-MP4-2-GB-RMVB-RM-real-player_W0QQitemZ160170555639QQcmdZViewItem) for $119

A very powerful console, could this be the next big Homebrew Handheld ?

argor
October 23rd, 2007, 22:20
hers a review on it (http://www.mympxplayer.org/jxd-301-review-vp39408.html)

SSaxdude
October 23rd, 2007, 22:27
Looks like a major competitor to the GP2X.

mortys
October 23rd, 2007, 22:29
but it looks like 2 button are missing for SNES emulation.

Kojote
October 23rd, 2007, 22:37
i've read the review mentioned in post two, but i don't get the idea of having emulators on a machine, which don't work proper, for whatever reason. i'd step away from that thing.

pibs
October 23rd, 2007, 22:42
yea and the gba emu doesn't work that well according to the review. none the less a great portable! the only thing that turns me away is that the megadrive is choppy with sound on :/

PSmonkey
October 23rd, 2007, 22:42
My gf is going back to china durring xmas. She did ask me if there is any toys i want, I should see if she can nab one of thies for me. I'm currious.

-- edit --
According to the link, it seems to be firmware upgradable and I bet the emu drivers are in the firmware. So it's very posible they will be improved in the future, that or maybe the source code can be obtained.

ICE
October 23rd, 2007, 22:43
Meh my psp is just fine

Sterist
October 23rd, 2007, 22:44
600mHz + 1000mAh battery = horrible

30mins, maybe 45 tops on a full charge, without some serious underclocking

jvabbdac
October 23rd, 2007, 22:48
I can pay same price for a used psp...or a litle bit (50 usd) more for a Sony handheld Slim !

GPeter7
October 23rd, 2007, 23:06
:rofl: it's a clone of GP2X :eek:

acn010
October 23rd, 2007, 23:16
its a powerful baby machine... i think its going to have a future

Kojote
October 23rd, 2007, 23:37
:rofl: it's a clone of GP2X :eek:

if quality wise then goodnight ;)

wolfpack
October 23rd, 2007, 23:58
this does have possibilities, but personally ill stick with my psp, since it already has ALMOST every system emulated decent up to the playstation.

PSmonkey
October 24th, 2007, 00:23
its a powerful baby machine... i think its going to have a future

And an awsome screen to boot. I hope there is some way to dev on this thing.

ataribob
October 24th, 2007, 00:34
There are afew PMP players around already.
all have good points.
But.............. The Psp has a bigger screen and will play everything else allready.

The only bad thing I can say abouth the Psp the music suxs big time (mp3 wasteland)
Even cell phones have not mastered mp3 yet.

I just got an Iriver h10 That's the only mp3 player that beat My ipod in sounds

PSmonkey
October 24th, 2007, 00:38
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackfin

Ooo. I'm interested. I now bet thies emus are cheap ports of an open source emu.

`The0n3
October 24th, 2007, 01:29
Ok no offense but just putting this out there, you all are very stupid in the fact that you are all psp whores. You all need to give other stuff a chance seems like everyone with a psp except me has a superiority complex and likes to feel better than everyone else because they have a psp. Give other stuff a chance you idiots.

ROCKMODE
October 24th, 2007, 04:42
The0n3, what do you use for emulation? These are emulation forums. I use my psp for emulation because the tools are there for homebrew. This device is just like every other mp4 player looking to sell on illegal rom emulation. Look it up on youtube, you'll see tons of others offering the same thing.

Yes we are idiots for only thinking of our psps, but god do we love them.

paul3100
October 24th, 2007, 05:43
[QUOTE][Ok no offense but just putting this out there, you all are very stupid in the fact that you are all psp whores. You all need to give other stuff a chance seems like everyone with a psp except me has a superiority complex and likes to feel better than everyone else because they have a psp. Give other stuff a chance you idiots./QUOTE]

You have a nice way of chatting to your fellow forum members theon3!

Anyway if you have a psp then why wouldn't you love it and only care about it? it did just set you back £120+ and can emulate a wide range of systems very well.

And being a psp or DS which are the 2 most popular systems around will and do get 100 times more support for homebrew and emulators.

So i like the idea of this and other devices but if you have a psp or ds then no need for it too, besides ds + R4/SC are fairlt cheap and have the added bonus of having 400+ commercial games to play as well.

paul

bah
October 24th, 2007, 07:31
Real media playback is a 'most important' feature?
RM is growing in use?

Am I back in 1997 somehow? I don't see a DeLorean anywhere.

Granted, RMVB was a decent codec, at least for the Invader Zim episodes I've seen encoded with it.
The formats are certainly not popular nor growing in use though.

The emulators would have to be ports of existing open source ones, I can't see a company making a product like this actually developing original ones for all those systems. Do they provide a copy of the source of the CD that comes with it?

I'm suspicious as to how well everything works, although that review sounds really positive (odd that neo-geo and snes run well but megadrive chugs).

If the firmware is open then this could be cool.

Dogcity77
October 24th, 2007, 08:30
ohhh first post! I'll have to admit I'm quite interested, as my homebrew psp rarely leaves the house. I do like the rm support, but the main thing holding me back is the lack of shoulder buttons. How would you play games like FZero? Also the top two face buttons are marked ESC and Return (Enter)... implying that only two of the face buttons can be used for gameplay... can anyone comfirm?

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 09:00
I love my PSP because, guess what?

I can get this powerful piece of homebrew capable machinery in America.

And cheaper at that.

Prasoc
October 24th, 2007, 10:01
theon youve made yourself a lot of friends :)

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
October 24th, 2007, 10:37
yo , i'm chinese but live in UK, so i know about these stuff. These cheapy stuff made by third party companies in china are crap, they can break easily and most stuff on the device is either unplayable or filled with bugs. just stick with your psp lol!
don't get me wrong i'm not dissing china or asia, i'm just saying this thing is crap!!!!!
azn pride!!!

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 10:52
theon youve made yourself a lot of friends :)

Oh yes,
`The0n3 is "da' homie".

Telling everyone on a forum with a huge PSP homebrew user population that they are "PSP whores" for using a reliable, mass produced device instead of importing a device that comes from an unknown company with zero user base.

No thank you.

`The0n3
October 24th, 2007, 11:42
Im just saying, do not be so criticising of a system you dont even own. Im sure it probably still cant emulate as much stuff as a psp. Its just I wanted to point out that everyone with psp has a superiority complex that they are better than everyone else always trashing the ds to. Its not cool dont do it.

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 11:52
Im just saying, do not be so criticising of a system you dont even own. Im sure it probably still cant emulate as much stuff as a psp. Its just I wanted to point out that everyone with psp has a superiority complex that they are better than everyone else always trashing the ds to. Its not cool dont do it.

For starters,
I'm sorry for being a douche.
You have a valid point.

And some people do think their PSP unit is the greatest.
But I've come to terms with that.
It's just human nature.

However, I still don't trust this new "popstation".
We've had enough sad children last Christmas.

mastersho
October 24th, 2007, 12:57
I'd just stick with what I know at this point in time in this handheld's ....life..I guess you can call it that...to see what it can do later on. As for me, I still want a Vii!!!

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 13:00
I'd just stick with what I know at this point in time in this handheld's ....life..I guess you can call it that...to see what it can do later on. As for me, I still want a Vii!!!

Just make sure you don't end up with a Wu. :D

Vega
October 24th, 2007, 13:01
lol @ at all the PSP fanboys burying this machine before they even play the damn thing.
Why bash this handheld? This thing looks like it could have a future and it could be a contender to the great GP2X. With upgradable firmware and USB supported, we could mayber even see emulation upgrades and new projects come to light. I love my PSP for emulation but I find the D-Pad to be absolutley sh*t and the screen's update rate to be a joke. I'm happy these 3rd party handheld efforts are being manufactured... hope to see more of them.

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 13:04
lol @ at all the PSP fanboys burying this machine before they even play the damn thing.
Why bash this handheld? This thing looks like it could have a future and it could be a contender to the great GP2X. With upgradable firmware and USB supported, we could mayber even see emulation upgrades and new projects come to light. I love my PSP for emulation but I find the D-Pad to be absolutley sh*t and the screen's update rate to be a joke. I'm happy these 3rd party handheld efforts are being manufactured... hope to see more of them.

Just thought it was rather strange this new device showed up near the holiday season like the infamous "popstation".

Anyone can type false specifications.
I hope I'm wrong.
Really, I do.

I never noticed anything wrong with the PSPs refresh rate. :confused:

Vega
October 24th, 2007, 13:07
I never noticed anything wrong with the PSPs refresh rate. :confused:

seriously? You never noticed the tracers or "ghosting" effects in the GTA games?

Its not so noticeable in homebrew games though, so my point is kinda invalid :o

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 13:09
seriously? You never noticed the tracers or "ghosting" effects in the GTA games?

Its not so noticeable in homebrew games though, so my point is kinda invalid :o

:eek: Oh my god!

I always thought that was just part of the game in GTA!

mastersho
October 24th, 2007, 13:09
Tracers?? I've never seen any myself but I just wanna play Sonic and NOT have my handheld blowup in my hands.

Vega
October 24th, 2007, 13:11
Tracers?? I've never seen any myself

What?? Have you played any racing games on PSP?? Have you played Need for Speed or Crazy Taxi ??

mastersho
October 24th, 2007, 13:13
What?? Have you played any racing games on PSP?? Have you played Need for Speed or Crazy Taxi ??

Yeah but I never took time to notice it. I was too busy trying to win or I'm just that blind...it think its time for a checkup from my eye doc. I've really never seen it.

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 13:30
Alright, fine.

I'll order it...

bah
October 24th, 2007, 13:33
How the hell could anyone not notice/ be bothered by how slow the response time is on the PSP's LCD screen? IMO its the one thing that really needed changing in the slim, but they didn't bother.
It truly is a great screen for images, awful for motion be it gaming or video (notice UMDs are produced to be much brighter than DVDs to help compensate).

Especially on darker games like GTA it's just plain awful.
It's not an effect added on purpose.

mastersho
October 24th, 2007, 13:36
How the hell could anyone not notice/ be bothered by how slow the response time is on the PSP's LCD screen? IMO its the one thing that really needed changing in the slim, but they didn't bother. It truly is a great screen for images, awful for motion be it gaming or video (notice UMDs are produced to be much brighter than DVDs to help compensate).

Especially on darker games like GTA.
It's not an effect added on purpose.

Yeah see not I'm worried and I'm gonna go to the eye doc after work. If its that common and I ain't seeing it....

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 13:39
Yeah see not I'm worried and I'm gonna go to the eye doc after work. If its that common and I ain't seeing it....

Nothing wrong with you.
If Sony made it that noticeable it would have been changed.

Besides, with that knowledge, I'll probably still never really notice it.
It's not like this new handheld could be all that better.

mastersho
October 24th, 2007, 13:42
Nothing wrong with you.
If Sony made it that noticeable it would have been changed.

Besides, with that knowledge, I'll probably still never really notice it.
It's not like this new handheld could be all that better.

That's true. From what I've read the battery life is poor. I like the homebrew on the PSP and I'm starting to get into homebrew on the DS and GP2x. This just looks like a bad buy.

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 13:49
That's true. From what I've read the battery life is poor. I like the homebrew on the PSP and I'm starting to get into homebrew on the DS and GP2x. This just looks like a bad buy.

Like I posted before.

We could very much be wrong.

If this is legit.
It could become the beacon of homebrew development very quickly.

mastersho
October 24th, 2007, 13:51
Like I posted before.

We could very much be wrong.

If this is legit.
It could become the beacon of homebrew development very quickly.

That is true. I also remeber hearing something about an awesome handheld that was to run awesome homebrew but I haven't be able to find more info on it.

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 13:59
That is true. I also remeber hearing something about an awesome handheld that was to run awesome homebrew but I haven't be able to find more info on it.

You're probably thinking of the GP2X.

mastersho
October 24th, 2007, 14:03
Nah, I know that is(and I want the F-200 so bad). I might have been but I don't think it was. Wish I could check again but the site went down a while ago.

jinqui242
October 24th, 2007, 14:07
GBA's choppy emulation is a non-seller, but I wasn't going to buy it anyway. The PSP serves all my purposes. *evil laugh*

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 14:07
Nah, I know that is(and I want the F-200 so bad). I might have been but I don't think it was. Wish I could check again but the site went down a while ago.

Yeah, I was thinking about getting an iPhone.

But paying for gas comes first...:(

mastersho
October 24th, 2007, 14:23
Yeah, I was thinking about getting an iPhone.

But paying for gas comes first...:(

That too much money for me to drop. If I had that much I'd get an Elite and pay for my internet.

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 14:25
That too much money for me to drop. If I had that much I'd get an Elite and pay for my internet.

You've changed my mind.

Xbox, here I come!

But...gas first.

Damn you California gas prices!

mastersho
October 24th, 2007, 14:30
Yeah I forgot all about that. I don't have a car yet so I can't buy anything until I get one.

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 14:32
Yeah I forgot all about that. I don't have a car yet so I can't buy anything until I get one.

Do yourself a favor.
Get something efficient.

I thought I was so badass driving a huge Bronco until I realized I wasn't so badass being broke from getting gas for the damn thing.

mastersho
October 24th, 2007, 14:43
Do yourself a favor.
Get something efficient.

I thought I was so badass driving a huge Bronco until I realized I wasn't so badass being broke from getting gas for the damn thing.

Dude Bronncos are badass, I may end up getting something with a V6...yup.

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 14:51
Dude Bronncos are badass, I may end up getting something with a V6...yup.

Yeah, Broncos are badass.

Especially when you paint a big Hatchet Man on the hood with your wasted friends.

Did it with house paint = awesome.

mastersho
October 24th, 2007, 14:53
Thats good stuff right there man.

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 15:02
Thats good stuff right there man.

You're right.

Good stuff.

Until the paint starts chipping off and little sharp pieces of it hit you in the face on the freeway, that is.

And yeah, I'm too awesome for a windshield and a roof for my truck.
Big whup, wanna' fight about it?

mastersho
October 24th, 2007, 15:06
You're right.

Good stuff.

Until the paint starts chipping off and little sharp pieces of it hit you in the face on the freeway, that is.

And yeah, I'm too awesome for a windshield and a roof for my truck.
Big whup, wanna' fight about it?

Ok, lets fight! Now should we use 4000 life points or 8000?

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 15:08
Ok, lets fight! Now should we use 4000 life points or 8000?

And with 30 card decks with cards selected by your opponent.

mastersho
October 24th, 2007, 15:11

And with 30 card decks with cards selected by your opponent.

NO! It's a Shadow Game!

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 15:12
NO! It's a Shadow Game!

I've done it.
Difficult.

mastersho
October 24th, 2007, 15:14
I've done it.
Difficult.

Speaking of that, theres an cool homebrew version of the game that lets you make your own cards

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 15:16
Speaking of that, theres an cool homebrew version of the game that lets you make your own cards

Back on topic. (A little late)

Maybe there will be a homebrew application like that on this new console.

mastersho
October 24th, 2007, 15:22
Back on topic. (A little late)

Maybe there will be a homebrew application like that on this new console.
Yeah it is a bit too late but I didn't know that. But still, it looks a bit shakey. I'd just wait for a few reviews first.

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 15:23
Yeah it is a bit too late but I didn't know that. But still, it looks a bit shakey. I'd just wait for a few reviews first.

Very shaky!

But we'll get our requested reviews soon enough.

mastersho
October 24th, 2007, 15:28
I hope so. If its all legit then this will be a cool handheld.

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 15:31
I hope so. If its all legit then this will be a cool handheld.

Yeah, especially that 600 Mhz processor.
This could be nuts!

mastersho
October 24th, 2007, 15:34
Yeah, especially that 600 Mhz processor.
This could be nuts!

Yes! Full speed on all the current emulators out there! I want to see full speed N64 emulator for sure. That and Sega CD(I think the GP32 does that).

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 15:38
Yes! Full speed on all the current emulators out there! I want to see full speed N64 emulator for sure. That and Sega CD(I think the GP32 does that).

You're serious?

mastersho
October 24th, 2007, 15:40
You're serious?

I don't know. I remeber reading something about it...I more than like could be wrong or I just became a n00b in 5 seconds by posting that statement.

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 15:43
I don't know. I remeber reading something about it...I more than like could be wrong or I just became a n00b in 5 seconds by posting that statement.

I'll be scoping that out very soon.
Sega Genesis was GANGSTA! :cool:

mastersho
October 24th, 2007, 15:46
Oh yeah it was! I hunted down the first two Sega Genesis' and I'm looking for the 3rd one as well.

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 15:48
Oh yeah it was! I hunted down the first two Sega Genesis' and I'm looking for the 3rd one as well.

Man!
I used to get down on the Sega Genesis around the same time I still listened to Three 6 Mafia.

:rofl:

mastersho
October 24th, 2007, 15:51
Man!
I used to get down on the Sega Genesis around the same time I still listened to Three 6 Mafia.

:rofl:

Holy Cheesve! That's a while back man. I'd check the GP32 section of Dcemu for info about the Sega CD eumlator.

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 15:54
Holy Cheesve! That's a while back man. I'd check the GP32 section of Dcemu for info about the Sega CD eumlator.

I'll be scoping it out.
And I'll be ordering a GP32.

mastersho
October 24th, 2007, 15:59
I'll be scoping it out.
And I'll be ordering a GP32.

Same here. I want the F-200 model because there was talk of DS emulation and that would be plain awesome my friend.

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 16:05
Same here. I want the F-200 model because there was talk of DS emulation and that would be plain awesome my friend.

Really now?

I'll look into that if I lose the real DS that I never use.

sappo
October 24th, 2007, 16:26
You've changed my mind.

Xbox, here I come!

But...gas first.

Damn you California gas prices!

LoL :D

I don't think that developers would ever develop something on that device. It doesn't even seem it allows homebrew on it. I see only the emulators they have put in it, but no homebrew loading... O.ò...

I would go for a GP-2x F-200. PSP processing power with a touch screen... Mighty things could come from it.

Johnny Rash
October 24th, 2007, 16:29
LoL :D

I don't think that developers would ever develop something on that device. It doesn't even seem it allows homebrew on it. I see only the emulators they have put in it, but no homebrew loading... O.ò...

I would go for a GP-2x F-200. PSP processing power with a touch screen... Mighty things could come from it.

Indeed,

Very good things could come from that.

However, I doubt that a device like this will have many firmware updates meaning...

Exploits! :D

PSmonkey
October 24th, 2007, 16:39
Granted, RMVB was a decent codec, at least for the Invader Zim episodes I've seen encoded with it.
The formats are certainly not popular nor growing in use though.

RMVB & RM are still heavly used in china for encoded video (My gf dl chinese shows to watch).

bah
October 24th, 2007, 17:55
Weird, any idea as to why?

Apart from those zim episodes, the last time I played a real media file was back when ~30mb rm copies of shows were the best I could manage over dialup and asf was the only other real option.

RockinB
October 24th, 2007, 19:50
wow, these specs sound great, it's kinda cheap

Veskgar
October 24th, 2007, 23:32
Ok the thing that drives me nuts about all these cheap Chinese gadgets is the button placement and the D-Pad or lack thereof.

I could not enjoy playing emulated games with that style D-Pad and that horrid button placement.

Nice screen can look pretty as can be. But overall, I don't see the fuss about this. I guess I'm a PSP whore.

The thing people need to realize is that if you have been a part of the scene for long enough (almost day one for me) you grow a sort of bond with it. It feels better when you install everything yourself learning how everything ticks.

I'm so into my PSP Slim right now that I don't think any gadget could compete for some time.

dark heart
October 25th, 2007, 07:13
meh, i might show some interest if it had an emulator like n64 or ps1. other wise, psp is better.

Vega
October 25th, 2007, 13:16
I could not enjoy playing emulated games with that style D-Pad and that horrid button placement.

man the PSP officially has the worst D-Pad in the history of all consoles... home-based and handheld. Even the 360's plastic piece of what-the-f*ck beats the crap out of PSP's D-Pad. As I said earlier, I love my PSP but the D-Pad is one of the main reasons why I dont play it anymore. Beat-em-ups are a strict no-no on PSP.... which saddens because NJ's great Neogeo and Capcom Play system Emulators host the best 2d beat em ups ever.
I know newer models got the D-pad sorted out but I'm not one of these rich kids who can run out and buy a new PSP model and give sony even more money. Shouldn't have to, the problem should never have been there in the first place.

JKKDARK
October 25th, 2007, 14:51
I heard this powerful handheld willl kill the PSP homebrew scene

acn010
October 25th, 2007, 15:59
man the PSP officially has the worst D-Pad in the history of all consoles... home-based and handheld. Even the 360's plastic piece of what-the-f*ck beats the crap out of PSP's D-Pad. As I said earlier, I love my PSP but the D-Pad is one of the main reasons why I dont play it anymore. Beat-em-ups are a strict no-no on PSP.... which saddens because NJ's great Neogeo and Capcom Play system Emulators host the best 2d beat em ups ever.
I know newer models got the D-pad sorted out but I'm not one of these rich kids who can run out and buy a new PSP model and give sony even more money. Shouldn't have to, the problem should never have been there in the first place.

hey! im one of those rich kids T-T

ataribob
October 27th, 2007, 02:44
Ok no offense but just putting this out there, you all are very stupid in the fact that you are all psp whores. You all need to give other stuff a chance seems like everyone with a psp except me has a superiority complex and likes to feel better than everyone else because they have a psp. Give other stuff a chance you idiots.

I am talking experience , Cost
I have had Sega Nomads –NGPC-Gp32- Gp32x- That Nes player (that was crap in plastic)
Unless they come out with a handheld that is better I won’t waste any $
I am not A PSP whore
:mad:

Exophase
October 31st, 2007, 14:20
I don't think we're going to see much (or any) software that really utilizes the power of this machine. Don't let a 600MHz DSPlike CPU fool you, chances are that GCC can't produce high quality code for it. At 600MHz it is only capable of benching at around 375 DMIPS (Dhrystone 2.1) which is roughly 0.622 DMIPS/MHz. This is with GCC at the highest/most tweaked optimization levels - there might be a better compiler for it but you can be assured that it won't be free.

Dynarecs won't do that well either unless they're heavily optimized to take advantage of the multi-issue VLIW like instructions, but for most machines they'll choke due to the relatively low number of data registers (so lots of memory loads/stores will interrupt any parallelism it could be trying to get).

N64 is totally out of the question since it doesn't have an FPU. Other than that it should be about as powerful as PSP most of the time - a little more CPU power on average but no 3D and probably worse RAM performance (it's on a 120MHz bus and I doubt it's DDR but I have no idea of course). It might do noticeably better in SNES emulation than PSP or GP2X due to more L1 data cache (32KB instead of 16KB). GBA emulation sucks hard because they used VBA and VBA is slow as all get out. By the way, all of the emulators packed with it are stolen and at the very least illegal in the European countries that are selling it.

And if you think the lack of buttons are bad you should see some of the other PMPs they sell with the same emulator lineup. Some of them don't even have gaming controls at all. Although it's true lack of shoulder buttons are a pretty big mistake for this one, I'm sure the emulators are more of a cheap afterthought. It's not like they mind putting ones on that have serious performance issues. I hear even GBC doesn't work right.

n8archer_XI
November 16th, 2007, 01:19
It's cheaper, and it does everything the GP2X does (except CPS2 emulation)...

BUY!

Exophase
November 16th, 2007, 02:36
It's cheaper, and it does everything the GP2X does (except CPS2 emulation)...

BUY!

Are you on crack? GP2X emulates many more platforms than this does, and by the sound of things it does a better job at emulating all of the ones it does save for possibly SNES. The GBA emulation sounds so bad that it's not even worth counting.