PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40,000 Squad Command Demo

wraggster
October 24th, 2007, 19:23
Sony have a new present for us today in the shape of a new demo of the game Warhammer 40,000 Squad Command

http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/826/826590/warhammer-40k-images-20071011102842814.jpg

Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command sees you jumping into the metallic boots of an elite Space Marine to stamp out the evil and daemonic forces of the Chaos Space Marines through 13 different missions. The single-player takes place on fully destructible, real-time 3D battlefields which means that no two battles are the same, according to THQ.

Alongside the single-player is an online multiplayer with nine unique missions and you can choose if you want to play as the heroic Space Marines or the wicked Chaos Space Marines. You then get to team up with others in head-to-head matches with up to eight players over small, medium or large maps.

Fans of Warhammer 40,000 are likely to be delighted to hear that Squad Command features more than 20 ranged and close combat weapons taken directly from the sci-fi universe of Warhammer, including the Bolter, Plasma Gun, Chainsword and Power Fist.

Download the Demo and Give Feedback Via Comments

grin.ch
October 24th, 2007, 19:28
Oh, this looks sick! :D *downloading*

Anonymous D
October 24th, 2007, 20:36
finaly a download other than sonys which wanted a login. this requires 3.71 btw just to let people know, unless im placing it wrong it will not work on 3.52m33-4. (i have it in psp/game)

Stratagus
October 24th, 2007, 20:55
Well, tried it on with my 2nd PSP - it's a turn based strategy and not a real time strategy game. I could compare it to FFT in a way. People who like turn based strategy games and/or Warhammer will surely like this one.

avtools
October 24th, 2007, 22:32
Yes it works on 3.52M33-4, but first you should edit the EBOOT.PBP with an hex editor and change the 3.71 for 3.52, save and play!

paladinja
October 24th, 2007, 23:14
I havn't done any hex editing yet. I'd appreciate it if anyone could point me toward a good tutorial for doing so, this seems like a worthwhile thing to learn it for!
Thanks in advance! ps: I'm on a mac if it matters.

Joe88
October 24th, 2007, 23:28
or upload a hex'd eboot
that always works too :P

Veskgar
October 25th, 2007, 02:50
I'm curious to see how this will hold up against Field Commander. I always thought (and still do) that Field Commander was an excellent PSP game.

azureblue
October 25th, 2007, 08:21
Here is the 3.52 eboot, hex edited for your enjoyment.

Its not so much like Field Commander as this game is about "Small Unit Tactics". Squad of soldiers in a tactical environment.

Think X-COM.

Haisook
October 25th, 2007, 22:40
azureblue,

Thanks a lot for your work. Well, I don't want to sound bothering, but you could you please make one for 3.40? I think it would also be of much interest for other 3.40 users around here.

Of course, I'd appreciate it even more if you told us about the method itself so we could do the editing ourselves.

In either case, I'd be thankful.

danknugz
October 26th, 2007, 04:27
i tried this but my psp just shuts down. has it been tested by anyone else? i really dont want to upgrade just to try it out@!

azureblue
October 26th, 2007, 06:41
azureblue,

Thanks a lot for your work. Well, I don't want to sound bothering, but you could you please make one for 3.40? I think it would also be of much interest for other 3.40 users around here.

Of course, I'd appreciate it even more if you told us about the method itself so we could do the editing ourselves.

In either case, I'd be thankful.

Here is the 3.40 eboot as requested. Enjoy. Warhammer 40k is a great game btw.

paladinja
October 26th, 2007, 14:49
Thanks azureblue, I really appreciate it. Been very into stratagy lately, also can't wait for Disgaea! Anyway, thanks again....hope it's not a virus,jk.

Pongo
October 26th, 2007, 21:09
Thata awsome man, thanks for the Hex edit. im downloading it now :D

Haisook
October 26th, 2007, 23:19
Thanks a lot azureblue... :) It's a nice demo..

I wonder though how you did all the HEX editing? Could you please give us some hints? There are other demos I'd like to play on 3.40 other than this one.

azureblue
October 27th, 2007, 03:00
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7408/hacp6.jpg

1. Open up your favorite hex editor (or download XVI32 from http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm)

2. Open the Eboot.

3. The number in greenbox is the firmware, changed it to whatever you want. In this case its 3.40.

4. Save it. You know the rest :)

xxhiroshi21xx
October 27th, 2007, 06:32
Not too fond of the turn based style, man I wish an RTS would come out for the PSP. I'd love it if EA would do their regular franchise milking nastiness to bring Command & Conquer to the PSP.

Haisook
October 27th, 2007, 15:50
Wow.. azureblue,... thanks a MILLION!
I'll do it with some demos I'd like to try; Hot Pixel is one of them.

paladinja
October 31st, 2007, 14:45
Hm, Thanks for the how-to Azureblue. Is anyone else having trouble getting these hex-edited versions to boot-up? I'm using azureblue's, and I've tried putting it in "GAME" "GAME 150" and "GAME 3XX" folders, the only one it even shows up in is "GAME" folder, but it crashes the psp when I try to run it. Any similar problems... or solutions? I might try using a different program to unzip the file, I have had some trouble with that in the past.

stebod
November 5th, 2007, 23:54
same with mine just a black screen