PDA

View Full Version : which homebrew PSP for the PSPNavi?

vblanche
October 24th, 2007, 20:11
Hello,

I'm going to buy a psp to do the PSPNavi system.

I know I need a homebrew PSP and how to make a homebrew version, but my question is: which psp works best for the PSPNavi system and which firmware is the best ?

thanks

PDG
October 25th, 2007, 10:23
Hello,

I'm going to buy a psp to do the PSPNavi system.

I know I need a homebrew PSP and how to make a homebrew version, but my question is: which psp works best for the PSPNavi system and which firmware is the best ?

thanks

Any FAT PSP with a CFW 3.52 M33-4 :thumbup:

vblanche
October 26th, 2007, 09:13
Will it work with a homebrew slim?

PDG
October 26th, 2007, 09:20
Will it work with a homebrew slim?

PSP-290 works 100% under Slim and with MapThis.

Generic GPS works under slim via a Custom made cable and "Soon to be released factory made one from PC-Cables *Oooh damn i want one too..* but you have to install 1.50 kernel support or so to get it to work, i havent tried but Deniska has and its reported to work fine.

Just more work on the Slim than on the FAT.
Fat has full support for Homebrew but slim still has some issues regarding Homebrew under 1.50 kernel..... And the Generic version of MapThis is running under 1.50 kernel....

So i hope you see the point :)
To be safe, go for a FAT PSP, But if you crave TV-out and a Slim go get one of those :D

I have four Fatties and one slim and i must say that i preffer my FAT ones before my anorectic Slim. :D

vblanche
October 26th, 2007, 09:24
thanks for very informative reply...:)

PDG
October 26th, 2007, 09:38
thanks for very informative reply...:)

No problem at all :)

I love all gizmos and specially my psps :)
So it was natural for me to import a 290 gps and try it out, i even got a free Holux m1000 to test and write a rewiew and that gps has Bluetooth built in and can be used on a laptop or a Pc, the 290 can only be used on a PSP unless someone provides it with current and a homebrew driver for PC :)

Its a bit hard to plot routes and you need a computer for that, and if you want a easy GPS unit with touchscreen i would recommend one im thinking of buingg later on for my new car:
Garmin Nüvi 660 FM
It has built in Bluetooth and a FM transmitter and acts as a Handsfree unit and connects via FM to your cars stereo and broadcasts the sound there ;)

But ill keep my GPS units for my PSP anyways and test out new versions of MapThis and make some more tuts on the way ;) no worries :)
I havent had any mouch experience with POI markings but now i got involved in a Speedcamera Poi for Sweden thingie, and for that i could find my PSP very usefull.
Its easy to download a Poi file to the PSP and call it up in MapThis so i can avoid the damn cameras ;)

vblanche
November 1st, 2007, 20:59
So, I bought a fat PSP, japanese version 3.50, I have holux M1000.
I need to downgrade to 1.50 then upgrade to CFW 3.52 M33, am I right? or should I stay at FW 1.50...or is it something to do with 1.5 kernel?

thanks

PDG
November 2nd, 2007, 09:03
So, I bought a fat PSP, japanese version 3.50, I have holux M1000.
I need to downgrade to 1.50 then upgrade to CFW 3.52 M33, am I right? or should I stay at FW 1.50...or is it something to do with 1.5 kernel?

thanks

Downgrade to 1.50 then toss in Custom Fw 3.52 M33 then the upgrades to 3.52 M33-4 then youre good to go, 3.71 M33-2 is a bit hard to work with and the 1.50 kernel support is more stable at 3.52 M33-4 on a FAT psp :)