PDA

View Full Version : Help making Pandora's battery

Tyrrell
October 25th, 2007, 10:31
I'm going to create a Pandora's battery using my PSP phat battery running 3.40-oeA.

I've downloaded the pandora zip file off the net and am having trouble understanding some parts in the read me section. for the installation procedure, how do I:
- Execute "msipl" application on the PC with the msipl.bin to write the IPL to memory stick.

In the files that came in the zip folder there was only a msinst.exe, is this the excutable I need to be running and do I have to put it onto the PSP card before I run it.

I also saw somewhere that I should make a backup of the eeprom.bin file from the battery. how do I do that?

If anyone knows where an easy to follow/step by step directions for creating a pandora battery is, I would greaty appreciate it.

Also do all the old emulators still work, DGEN, SNES N64 etc... or are the coders still working on them.

Cheers:)

cal360
October 25th, 2007, 12:48
Here's a link to a tutorial HERE. (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72026&highlight=pandoras+battery+tutorial)

mike_jmg
October 25th, 2007, 22:45
look for an auto installer named pandora's box

Tyrrell
October 26th, 2007, 11:03
Thanks for the link. I followed the instructions and managed to make a battery. though when I went to downgrade my psp slim nothing happened but a black screen. I tried it with my psp phat and the "menu" came up asking if I wanted to downgrade. any ideas? also what is the nand (nand-dump.bin) backup for? should I create one?

GobboFett
October 26th, 2007, 12:48
Thanks for the link. I followed the instructions and managed to make a battery. though when I went to downgrade my psp slim nothing happened but a black screen. I tried it with my psp phat and the "menu" came up asking if I wanted to downgrade. any ideas?

The PSP Slim does not have the LCD screen driver support to display the menu for downgrading. It still works but it will only display a black screen. The controls for the downgrader on the Slim are still the same (X to install 3.60M33, square to dump the NAND and L+R to uninstall M33).

also what is the nand (nand-dump.bin) backup for? should I create one?

A NAND dump is what it says, a dump of the PSP's NAND. Creating a dump of your PSP Slim's NAND is a good idea as a method of making an un-repairable brick of Slim's was discovered a little while ago and having a dump of the NAND is the only cure. Namely flashing to your PSP's flash0 (ie: custom themes).

cal360
October 26th, 2007, 13:17
You should of said you were trying to install a custom firmware on a slim as you need a different memory stick firmware on it. i'll try and find it for you.

Tyrrell
October 26th, 2007, 19:48
So if I put a custom firmware, say 3.60m33, in the root directory of the MS it will upgrade to that FW? will I have to keep the official 1.50 FW in the root directory as well to allow the program to downgrade to 1.50 before it is upgraded to the custom FW

The EX
October 26th, 2007, 20:21
No, it can only downgrade/upgrade you to an official firmware, as it has to extract the files from an update.pbp.

Tyrrell
October 27th, 2007, 07:17
Thanks to all who helped finally sorted through every thread I could and am now running 3.71 M33. I didn't realise I needed to run the despertar_cementerio program on the PSP before I could install the CFW on my PSP Slim.

To play homebrew I have to now install the add-ons (ie the FW 1.5 add-on by DAX)? Will my DGEN and SNES emulators still work on the slim?

jacky1982
October 27th, 2007, 09:23
Thanks for this valuable thread!