PDA

View Full Version : Manhunt 2 could be released as digital download

Shrygue
October 25th, 2007, 17:54
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=174409)

Rockstar's Manhunt 2 could release in the UK, but as a digital download, it's emerged.

It's all to do with a legal loophole in the UK's 1984 Video Recordings Act, which only covers physical products. An age-certification rating is apparently not required for online digital downloads.

Manhunt 2 has been refused age-certification twice by the BBFC. Following the original refusal, Rockstar submitted a revised version of the game but not enough was done in the eyes of the classification body.

However, while the release of Manhunt 2 is theoretically possible, we very much doubt the console companies would allow a game without to BBFC rating to grace their machines.

And of course, how the hell would you get the digital download onto PS2 and Wii anyway?

ian h
October 25th, 2007, 18:07
i read this news yesterday. ill be getting this on 'digital download' anyway;-)

Veskgar
October 25th, 2007, 18:27
YES! I love it... FIGHT THE SYSTEM! Everyone should take up digital arms and use our brains to fight censorship and keep freedom of speech, expression, etc. alive. Every loophole and court battle should send a message that we will not accept this type of censorship.

Its always going to be a never-ending tug of war with governments. Do the people give in?.... or take back with a more vigorous tug?

There are too many rules, too many laws, etc. and more ink on legislation papers isn't going to protect the public. Innocent people will still be victimized by scumbag lowlifes no matter what Video Games are sold.

Its up to us as citizens of our respective countries to be vigilant and make sure we are not walked on and taken advantage of by slowly losing our liberties.

ian h
October 25th, 2007, 18:49
aint it true veskgar. that rant reminds me of the hacker out of die hard 4.0

kjetil1991
October 25th, 2007, 19:38
nice so people can get this easy but how can you get on your console? burning a disc? it sounds stupid rofl

EvilDooinz
October 26th, 2007, 05:04
pc games have had this options sence day 1 ps3 and xbox 360 will most likely never open its doors for unrated games such as homebrew so dont ecpect to download this on your consoles just PC.

JKKDARK
October 26th, 2007, 14:48
I don't like downloads, I prefer the original disc with manual and everything

cal360
October 26th, 2007, 15:45
All this hassle because someone supposadly was influenced to murder from the old game. It doesn't cause sick people, sick people are born sick.

unpure
October 26th, 2007, 22:20
I agree with Cal360,
people who are that easily influenced would end up killing someone anyway...
I mean, there are violent films and TV programmes on every day and if those aren't incitation to kill how is Manhunt 2?
Sure the guy had played manhunt 2, but how much do you bet he played mario too?

Thanatos 2.0
October 28th, 2007, 14:58
All this could be easily fixed if they enforced the ****ing rules, but they don't and therefore little kids get their parents to buy M-Rated games and those parents who don't care that their little jimmy is playing these types or games or watching those types of movies need a wake up call