PDA

View Full Version : Benheck's New Single Handed 'Access' Controller

wraggster
October 25th, 2007, 20:08
Today I'm going to show you all the prototype for the new single handed controller I have designed and built, which I've been calling the "Access Controller". This is actually the second prototype, a more refined version of the first. Alongside the new Elite-based Xbox 360 laptop (yes, it is coming) this has consumed most of time in recent months, hopefully explaining the drought of new projects.

Here's the basic principle: You lay this controller on your leg, table or arm of a chair and all the buttons are available on the top surface. The gag is that each of the five sections is removable and you can plug them anywhere you want. This not only makes the controller work for both left and right handed use (simply mirror the layout) but it also allows the user to optimize the button placement on a game-by-game basis. Even if the user has partial use of both hands it should still be easier to work with than a standard controller.

This unit is currently in pre-production for manufacturing thanks to the folks at eDimensional.com and will first appear as a wireless model for the PS2/PS3, with an Xbox 360 version pending.

http://benheck.com/10-24-2007/benhecks-new-single-handed-access-controller-revealed