PDA

View Full Version : Europe: help MS sell 360s, get 10 free XBLA games

wraggster
October 25th, 2007, 20:09
Todo Juegos is reporting that Microsoft is planning a new promotion for Europe. Said promotion should run between November 1st, 2007 until January 31st, 2008. The gist of it is pretty simple. Just get a friend to purchase a new 360 at some point during the promotion, attach a copy of the receipt to a special coupon (PDF link), mail it in, and both you and your friend will receive ten free Xbox Live Arcade games. The games reportedly offered are:
* Sensible World of Soccer
* Sonic the Hedgehog
* Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting
* Bomberman LIVE
* Marble Blast Ultra
* Spyglass Board Games
* Small Arms
* 3D Ultra MiniGolf Adventures
* Assault Heroes
* Zuma Deluxe

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/10/24/europe-help-ms-sell-360s-get-10-free-xbla-games/

Elven6
October 26th, 2007, 02:44
Wow this is a pretty good deal, to bad its only in Europe, how many do you have to sell?

They should do something like this for HD DVD players too!

sonikku88
October 27th, 2007, 02:58
I question the validity of this offer. I've searched everywhere for this story and no other site apart from Xbox 360 Fanboy, and, of course, Todo Juegos seems to know about this story. The coupon seems legit, but it's all in Spanish. Also on the coupon, it says it must be send to an address in the UK, but I haven't managed to find a UK site which has an English version of the coupon, or even knows about the offer. I'm hoping to get a 360 before Christmas and because my mate has a 360, we could the 10 free games each. But I'm having a hard time finding out how to do this if since the coupon isn't in English.

pibs
October 27th, 2007, 05:55
coupon looks real, i can read spanish and if its a fake someone has no life to type all those terms and agreements.

sonikku88
October 27th, 2007, 15:11
coupon looks real, i can read spanish and if its a fake someone has no life to type all those terms and agreements.

So what kinda stuff does the Terms and Conditions say? Is the offer only for Spanish 360 owners or is it for all of Europe inlcuding UK?

---EDIT---

OK, I've done some translating of the coupon and apparently, the offer does apply to people in the UK. But what I don't understand is why it hasn't been put on the UK Xbox site yet or why there isn't an English version of the coupon. I've tried getting some answers on the official Xbox forums, but I haven't got any responses yet.

---FURTHER EDIT---

I have had another look at the coupon and in the last of the Terms and Conditions, I have found out that address the organiser of this promotion is Microsoft Limited, Thames Valley Park, Reading RG6 1WG, United Kingdom. I have searched for this address on Google and I have found the blog page of a Paul Maher who works at Microsoft, I'm not sure what his position is though. Anyway, I found the address I mentioned on the main page of the website so I thought he must have some involvement with the promotion or he knows someone who is. So I have sent him a message explaining the promotion and hopefully I will get a response soon and get an answer. Fingers crossed. =D

---MORE EDIT---

Still no reply from the guy. To be honest, my interests have drifted from wanting a 360 now. Plus these XBLA games don't seem that great anyway.