PDA

View Full Version : [Release or Summat] PSP development-ready environment for VMWare

MK2k
October 25th, 2007, 22:01
Hi there,

I was a bit frustrated with Cygwin+PSP Toolchain so I created a gentoo linux environment for VMWare. Now I had the situation that already two guys could use this so I uploaded the virtual hard disk of it for you to download and enjoy.
VMWare is a software which runs on Windows and Linux and is able to boot up other operating systems alongside your host operating system. With the virtual hard disk from me you can rather easily compile your projects with this. With Samba folder sharing, you can connect directories of the virtual machine to your windows machine too.

To get the gentoo linux environment running you have to download the free VMWare Player software. Read about all this in the Readme packed with the files.

You can download the virtual machine and read some necessary setup steps over there: http://gentoo.pspuae.com

Preinstalled on the virtual machine are: mc, gpm, screen, samba, psp toolchain, ps2 toolchain

All files hosted by the courtesy of FOL (member of the PSPUAE team, thanks alot!)

cheers!

-- MK2k