PDA

View Full Version : [Release or Summat] PSP development-ready environment for VMWare

MK2k
October 25th, 2007, 22:01
--- UPDATE ---
The high public demand surprises me a bit. So if the links below do not work try this one (this leads to rapidshare mirrored files) https://www.hostco.de/temp/pspdevgentoo.html
--- END UPDATE ---

Hi there,

I was a bit frustrated with Cygwin+PSP Toolchain so I created a gentoo linux environment for VMWare. Now I had the situation that already two guys could use this so I uploaded the virtual hard disk of it for you to download and enjoy.
VMWare is a software which runs on Windows and Linux and is able to boot up other operating systems alongside your host operating system. With the virtual hard disk from me you can rather easily compile your projects with this. With Samba folder sharing, you can connect directories of the virtual machine to your windows machine too.

To get the gentoo linux environment running you have to download the free VMWare Player software. Read about all this in the Readme packed with the files.

You can download the virtual machine and read some necessary setup steps over there: http://gentoo.pspuae.com

Preinstalled on the virtual machine are: mc, gpm, screen, samba, psp toolchain, ps2 toolchain

All files hosted by the courtesy of FOL (member of the PSPUAE team, thanks alot!)

cheers!

-- MK2k

FOL
October 26th, 2007, 00:13
I have to say, thanks to mk as this package works well, once its all setup as per the readme.

PSPdemon
October 26th, 2007, 03:46
heh, ill have to try this...

ive been having trouble with CYGWIN + Toolchain for a long long long time.... i am excited to see someone try to help those with that problem :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

osgeld
October 26th, 2007, 04:43
this sounds like a dream, and seems like its getting positive review, i must check it out

even with a linux installed this does help things out, no bouncing kvm switches or yo-yo booting

FOL
October 26th, 2007, 11:14
heh, ill have to try this...

ive been having trouble with CYGWIN + Toolchain for a long long long time.... i am excited to see someone try to help those with that problem :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Indeed, although I cant use the new toolchain atm, as it throws all odd errors, with optimisation flags, :(. This is still worth using :thumbup:

MK2k
October 26th, 2007, 11:50
What FOL meantioned were incompatible problems on his project, the odd errors are not directly related to the Gentoo Linux Environment released here.

FOL
October 26th, 2007, 13:27
What FOL meantioned were incompatible problems on his project, the odd errors are not directly related to the Gentoo Linux Environment released here.

Aye, I should have explained myself better.

MK2k
October 26th, 2007, 13:31
FOL: it seems we killed your server :)

I'm making rapidshare mirror links right now :)

MK2k
October 26th, 2007, 13:56
I updated the first post with a new link leading to rapidshare mirrored files.

Cloudhunter
October 26th, 2007, 16:20
I updated the first post with a new link leading to rapidshare mirrored files.

Eurgh, I hate rapidshare. Nice work on the files though :) I've already got my own way out of using cygwin though ;) (colinux ftw :p)

Cloudy

Sousanator
October 26th, 2007, 16:23
Darn, I just un-installed VMWare too. I like VirtualBox better (and its free).

MK2k
October 26th, 2007, 16:34
VMWare player is free too.

FOL
October 26th, 2007, 17:20
Eurgh, I hate rapidshare. Nice work on the files though :) I've already got my own way out of using cygwin though ;) (colinux ftw :p)

Cloudy

Its ok, server HardDrive went faulty, they are going to replace the whole server, as its been problematic for year or so. It should be sorted by tonight, fingers crossed.

Mk, it was at 35GB, so there was lots of download bandwidth left, ;).

FOL
October 26th, 2007, 17:22
VMWare player is free too.

Hmmm, take it noone scrolled to bottom of page.

people you might have to enter email etc. to get VMWare player, but its ok, they DO NOT HASTLE YOU OR PASS ON YOUR DETAILS.

EDIT:- just to update, my server is still down, they are having troble with the replacement drive. Me thinks, it will be back tomorow.

murgo
October 27th, 2007, 00:34
I wish there would be a torrent or something... The rapidshare is so lame for files this big, because it only allows user to download like hundred megs per day or something. Hopefully the normal servers will get back up soon.

Thanks for releasing this.

FOL
October 27th, 2007, 11:54
I wish there would be a torrent or something... The rapidshare is so lame for files this big, because it only allows user to download like hundred megs per day or something. Hopefully the normal servers will get back up soon.

Thanks for releasing this.

My server is all fixed, new HDD setup and running. :)