PDA

View Full Version : Blurry refhresh rate?

Action937
July 13th, 2005, 16:01
Hi - quick question

I noticed that using nesterJ, when playing side-scroling games, the background is incredibly blurry

especially playing mario 1 in worlds like 1-2

is this just due to the refresh rate of the psp screen? it doesn't seem as bad with the snes games

shadowprophet
July 13th, 2005, 20:13
Its got to be a nester j thing. ive noticed this, try the super mario dx version for gameboy color, use Rin as your emulator, A more perfect emulated exsperience I have never seen..its completely flawless :cool:

Onetonbullet
July 14th, 2005, 02:22
Even some retail games have this, Wait until filters are added to these emus...LCD's are like that, thats why most PC gamers prefer CRT's...
The Bilinear Filtering on the SNES emu helps alot,...

shadow77
July 14th, 2005, 02:30
The reason why you don't see this in the SNES games as much is because of the fact that they aren't running @ 60 FPS. When the movement is smooth, you notice the blurring more.

Filtering won't really help.. hq2x would look squished on the PSP because the res is not large enough.

The blurring doesn't really bother me.. it happens on all LCDs, I notice it on the DS too. You'll get used to it after awhile.

Onetonbullet
July 14th, 2005, 02:59
No, without the filtering it is much worse, at any framerate...(I can get the SNES emu @ 60fps on some games with the sound off :p )

It works because filtering smooths drastic color changes(Black is the worst)...But, yeah It's always gonna be there. I play lots of games on an LCD, and without various display filters, I would hafta throw it out the window.

I never notice any problems on my LCD projector however...wierd

Have you guys played Untold Legends? Lots of black in that game...