PDA

View Full Version : GJ07: GTA takes handheld crown... again!

Shrygue
October 26th, 2007, 18:58
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=174428)

Rockstar has just picked up its second Games Radar Handheld Game of the Year award in as many years, this time for its second portable Grand Theft Auto, the excellent Vice City Stories.

The 80s spin-off pushes the PSP right to the wall of its technical capabilities, with the usual gigantic metropolis to explore, helicopters to pilot and a fantastic multiplayer mode. Oh yeah, and Phil Collins.

osgeld
October 27th, 2007, 00:31
yea lets not forget the constant babysitting missions with AI so stupid they wont even get into the car sitting next to them

or the sometimes wonky aiming system

or Phil Collins

it might be the best GTA game that came out this year but its really subpar to most other versions

maby oneday ill get drunk enugh to complete the remaining 15% without throwing the psp

blackrave
October 27th, 2007, 01:10
Hehe, I think it's a really good game. When you've finished the game, you can have unlimited fun with Edison Carter's Cheatdevice.

Not sure if I agree with it being the best handheld game of the year, but it's definitely one of the top ones.

osgeld
October 27th, 2007, 02:43
i dont know how many times i had to redo the first airport mission where you pick up your brother, but i do know every time the cops came at the end my bro would just stand next to the car looking at me while the cops came running up ... countless times redoing a mission becuase of dumb ai != fun

neither does 7 (yes count them) 7 baby sitting missions in a row

also the technical merits of the game are questionable, yea it looks a little better than LCS (had alot of fun with that one) but its no San Andreas, and since the psp and the ps2 are extreamly close in horsepower (cpu+gpu) isnt taking a step backwards and calling it innovative alittle silly?

but osgeld the ps2, the psp, 222... go look at the god of war demo and then come back and say better than ps2 quality cant be done

DarthPaul
October 27th, 2007, 06:20
That's GTA for you.

devdj
October 27th, 2007, 12:44
well to me the cheatdevice makes this game even more fun and easy to complete

Buddy4point0
October 27th, 2007, 16:06
ey, gta is ok but for me it gets boring after a while.
there is always that one mission thats too hard so you just go around killing every1 and eventually that gets boring.

RDToT
October 28th, 2007, 04:49
if you have nothing to do in the game
just go and drift around :P

Lodis
October 29th, 2007, 14:47
I find this game very boring, it has useless AI that are simply dumb and some missions are either too hard or you die due to the stupid AI running into gun fire. If you look at most reviews, after they mention all of the negatives and serious glitches they say ''well this is GTA in the palm of your hand'' like that makes up for everything.

I think it is the hype that blinds the people awarding this game. They rate the technical achievement and are blinded by the problems that can make this game unplayable and boring very quickly. I think LCS has more personality than this title.

JKKDARK
October 29th, 2007, 15:45
It's a nice game, I love all these 3D GTA games

JPJunkie
October 29th, 2007, 16:52
It's a great game