PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother Spies upon us

shadowprophet
July 13th, 2005, 20:00
I Was searching google Today,As is a morning ritual for me.
Anyway I Was looking for somthing that I had spoke of in a topic in one of the threads I have posted here before. low and behold sevral pages through my meticoulus search. There was my Thread I had posted about sci-fi, about that book called raechels eyes. on google! I realize some people aready know this,
But I didnt. I realize some people wouldnt be bothered by this. But i was.
Its like an invasion of privacy. Anything you say can and will turn up at random other places all over the net. Its just a matter of somone looking for that exact information. Now im not all bent out of shape about it. But at the same time.
What if a person did have somthing to say in these forums that he didnt want posted all over the internet. I always thought of this forum more like a rather large tightly nit group of people. but realize that anything we say in these very forums are subject to fall into the hands of anyone anywhere at any time. (Im not nieve I realize these are public forums, but to find your information people dont have to search for homebrew/hacking/ emulation/codeing or even anything of that nature.)
Its a desturbing thought.
Somthing to think about.

If one needed proof of this simply go to google and search for specific imformation you have revealed in a thread and look through a few pages. you will find yourself :eek:
on one hand this is knowlage that can be used advantagiously. on the other hand. well. you know,,,,,

"Shadowprophet" has mixed feelings about this one guys,,,,

rmedtx
July 13th, 2005, 20:14
Hey,
You're right, I was serching for some info I have posted in forums and all of it shows up.
:eek:

shadowprophet
July 13th, 2005, 20:26
Yeah its kind of scary isnt it :confused:

RedKing14CA
July 13th, 2005, 20:33
lol, i was searching for metal slug for psp, and the first 3 things that popped up were my own thread on how to get metal slug on a psp... atleast google finds its user's what their looking for.... (hey shadow prophet, why 'avent you been on yahoo!?!?!)

and thats how i discovered these forums, when i first got my psp in march, i was searching google, and found this site.. different thread though...

shadowprophet
July 13th, 2005, 20:39
lol Whats up Bro . ahh i havnt been on yahoo in a while Yahoos my vacation spot from the rest of the internet, Ive only got a few real friends on yahoo your one of them, the other 98 people on my list are all yahoo beyatches :P So i stay away from yahoo when there on cause thay all wanna talk/ hop on cams/ call me at home. you know those internet chicks are f***ing crazy bro. so I hide from yahoo a whole lot of the time :P

FrierTuck
July 24th, 2005, 04:43
i dont think anything i ever said is that important to anyone, so i havent seen any of my stuff floating around

Mental2k
July 25th, 2005, 14:39
its the way google's spider works, its no big deal, most of the stuff on here will be found on google, because DCemu submitted their site to google, so every so often google searhes through the site and adds the new stuff. If you start your own page randomly and dont tell google about it, then google cant know about it.

Now echelon is a whole other kettle of fish. It scans all your communication, be affraid of it, not google;)