PDA

View Full Version : Puzzlemaniak version 3.0 beta 1

wraggster
October 26th, 2007, 23:44
Alex (http://www.puzzlemaniak.com/blog/index.php) has posted a new version of his Puzzle game collection for the DS:

Finally, a version 3.0 beta 1 is out.

First, I would like to thank Tom, who was really really patient and who did an amazing work concerning mp3 streaming. He did all the implementation, and all the integration in palib, the lib I’m using to code PuzzleManiak.
Thanks a lot Tom, you’re really a nice guy, and also -for sure- a great developer.

I’m looking for a German translator (the previous one doesn’t answer anymore my emails). There is not so much thing to do, so if you’re interested, and able to do it, please contact me.

This version does include these 2 new features:

MP3 support
Players profile support
Some bugs from previous versions have been corrected, I can’t list them as I don’t remember…

The profiles are used to switch between players on the same NDS.
Each profile contains:

Your name
Your mp3 folder
Your favorite text color, that will be used in some menus
Your favorite language
Your theme

For mp3, you first have to chose the path that will be used to build your playlist.
MP3 files contained in the selected folder, and in all sub-folders will be added to the playlist.
There is only one playlist, and files are played in a queue.
There is no random mode, and no ‘repeat one’ mode.
You can’t browse the playlist textually, but when a song is played, you can go to the next one, or to the previous one.

MP3 streaming is disabled when using wifi features and when selecting profiles.
It should work everywhere else.

Warning, this version is really a beta version.
Bugs can occur everywhere, at every time.

Please give me a lot of feedbacks.

Download it at your own risks (http://puzzlemaniak.free.fr/blog/versions/PuzzleManiak_3.0beta1.rar)

Maythius
October 29th, 2007, 02:18
I was testing out the beta... Amazing work! Great job with the mp3 player and profile.. def. added more value to the overall package. Just letting you know though, I found a glitch. It appears the mp3 controls mesh with the keypad that is used for a lot of the puzzles. Keep up the amazing work!