PDA

View Full Version : Apple refusing to accept cash for iPhone, limits 'em to two per person

wraggster
October 27th, 2007, 16:22
Coincidence or not, Apple has stiffened up the requirements to pick up a new iPhone shortly after announcing that 250,000 or so of the 1.4 million it sold in Q4 went to unlockers. In an admittedly intriguing move, Apple has decided that it will "no longer accept cash for iPhone purchases," and moreover, each individual will only be allowed to buy two (on plastic, of course) in an effort to "stop people from reselling them." More specifically, spokeswoman Natalie Kerris stated that the company is "requiring a credit or debit card for payment to discourage unauthorized resellers," so don't even bother bringing the greenbacks if you're lookin' to grab an iPhone from Apple.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/27/apple-refusing-to-accept-cash-for-iphone-limits-em-to-two-per/

HI-Saturn
October 27th, 2007, 20:12
That is the most retarded thing I've ever heard this is a company in business to make money on a product who cares if someone is reselling them there still making there money on the original sale. This is nothing more than companies trying to control peoples lives and how they do things.

Accordion
October 27th, 2007, 22:31
That is the most retarded thing I've ever heard this is a company in business to make money on a product who cares if someone is reselling them there still making there money on the original sale. This is nothing more than companies trying to control peoples lives and how they do things.

Apple is payed a percentage of every monthly bill for every owner.

Anger
October 28th, 2007, 02:06
it seems obvious that they make more money from the contracts of the phones they have selled than from the phone itself, this also means they actually dont care about the everyday joe who tries to buy it and finds they cant unless they have plastic. true its going this way but really money is money - virtual or physical. how does paying by plastic stop resellers from buying them? all it does is stop ordinary people buying them. this i would say is the second bad move apple has made regarding the iphone, the first being bricking peoples phones (maybe intentionally maybe not, but then not being prepared to fix them either). i think because of the quality drop and the very familiar tricks similar to a certain other company we may not have apple around in the next 5 years.